Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Default Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

This is for random glitches and facts that you know about Wipeout HD!

I'll start us off:

Did you know that the Missile weapon has a blast radius like the Bomb?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I'm assuming you're referring to the slowdown of the blast, I don't think it actually causes damage, but I agree anyway.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

I think it causes 2 damage to your craft (Tested with Goteki on accident)? I don't know since I can't perform a good test with only 2 players.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Yeah, it's hard to test, but I may try it in a few days.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The easy way to test what damage each weapon does is to play split screen two player mode.
    The results will vary with craft.
    Just use two controllers and place one craft a way in front of another, then blast one with a missile or rocket or plasma bolt to see what damage it does to the craft, you will see the result instantly as both crafts shield info appears on screen at the same time.
    It also depends just how far away you are when you hit the craft ahead, closer obviously = more damage

Same for bombs & Mines, run ahead drop some a bomb /mines, then follow with the second craft running into them to see the effect.

IMHO, far more damage can be done in really fierce online racing by craft ramming each other, it depletes your shields at a constant rate if having a real heated battle trying to get ahead of somebody equally as determined to take the lead as you are.

Somebody skillful at piloting Auricom or Triakis can decimate you in a quarter lap just by side ramming.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 29th November 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Been there, done that.

Did you know that Quakes disrupt the path of Rockets, making them likely to miss their target?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I didn't know that one, don't think I've ever seen it, good find!

PSN ID
    TeabagMcFrag

Did you know that there are billboards for Tigron and Van-Über? You can find the Tigron billboard at Metropia, after Gemini's Pin. The Van-Über billboards can be seen at Vineta K, hanging at a balcony of an apartment and Sebenco Climb, one on a large dam and the other at a tower on a long slope.

These billboards suggest that Tigron and Van-Über were meant to be included in HD, but were removed during development.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

I've seen them, but nice fact!

Did you know that there is a hot tub at Chenghou Project? It's after the Hello - Lucki Bank Hairpin Exit, and it is right at the start of the first jump of the broken jumps that follow.

Also, did you know that there is a freeway at Talon's Junction? It's at the Talon's Junction hairpin, about a third of the way into the corner.

wohd_20131129_105352.jpg

This also provokes the question: Do cars still exist in the years of 2206 to 2207? Or are they just AG vehicles, or is there no freeway at all and I'm just seeing things?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I've seen the Tigron billboard and the Sebenco Van-Uber ones, but could someone please tell me where exactly in Vineta K to find the VU one there?

As for the freeway, I have noticed it as well, those are AG vehicles traveling on it, and I'm assuming that for the transportation of AG vehicles there would be routes in the air that aren't tangible but basically serve as the roadways to keep some sort of order in public transportation.

Also, how do you know that the pools at the Project are hot tubs?

In the mean time, did you know that originally, WipEout HD was supposed to be a release title for the PS3, with only the forward tracks included, but when the game failed epilepsy testing, the dev team had time to make the reverse tracks, and it narrowly missed the PS3 launch. The Zone mode was also toned down from its original version to pass these epilepsy tests.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post
    I've seen the Tigron billboard and the Sebenco Van-Uber ones, but could someone please tell me where exactly in Vineta K to find the VU one there?

As for the freeway, I have noticed it as well, those are AG vehicles traveling on it, and I'm assuming that for the transportation of AG vehicles there would be routes in the air that aren't tangible but basically serve as the roadways to keep some sort of order in public transportation.

Also, how do you know that the pools at the Project are hot tubs?
    Hmm... Good points you make there! First of all, the Van Uber Billboard is on the second corner at the dam on the outside wall. It should look like this:

Wohd_20121130_100610.jpg

Secondly, for Talon's Junction, I think those are AG vehicles too. I think that when I saw that, I thought that those were cars and trucks until I stupidly saw the white dual-hulled AG vehicles.

Did you know that you cannot modify the weapons allowed in Eliminator multiplayer mode (even though it lists it as a game stat when you are joining a room)?

I think I may have dented my forehead/controller.

As for the Chenghou Project, first of all, have you seen it? Secondly, I think that I just keep getting destroyed at that same corner, so I just see this massive explosion IN the pool. Afterwards, there is just smoke and fire pouring out of the pool (useless cameraman!), so I think that it's just a very hot hot tub!
    Last edited by Mike458; 29th November 2013 at 09:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I was talking about the Van-Uber billboard at Vineta K, I've seen the two in Sebenco. I've noticed that Eliminator thing, quite strange isn't it?

I've seen the pools you're talking about out at the Project. I guess they're only hot tubs if you make 'em hot tubs!

PS what's the story on the dented forehead?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Well, I was on Chenghou Project, and I managed to eliminate an AI by a ram, and I saw it fly straight into the pool. While I was watching in rear view, I just hear "Missile, Cannon, Plasma, Quake, Rockets, Mines, Mines, Mines", and I just see this huge tsunami of weapons just flying straight at me. I get hit by EVERYTHING, making my shield energy go down to 0. I manage to survive that current lap (This was at Phantom class, BTW), but once we hit the pools, I get spammed by weapons... AGAIN.

"CONTENDER ELIMINATED." I just see a burning Goteki along with 2 other craft fly into the pool before exploding quite violently. After that, I then dented my forehead and/or controller.

Anyways, did you know that the start/finish line animation in Zone mode disappears after the Super-Phantom speed class?

Did you know that the blue bars on the sides of the Zone ship tell you how much shield energy you have remaining?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I knew about the bars on the side of the ship, but not the finish line, good eye there! I banked a DS3 off virtually every wall in my living room after the L1 button jammed on the final lap (I use L1 & R1 for airbrakes), but somehow it didn't damage it any further, and it was reparable!

With the pool, that's funny that you see so many eliminations here, I've never seen one! But I guess there's a first time for everything!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Lolwut.

And yes, there is a first time for everything. Especially for places to get eliminated! I must make a "100 Places to Die in WOHD Fury" video! (Sorry for offtopic)

Did you know that the graphic EQs change every time you go up a Zone class in Zone mode?

Did you know that there is a height limit in Wipeout (Not saying how I got there), and it is made out of sticky stuff (You basically stop dead in the sticky stuff and eventually get crushed by it)?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I did know about the EQs, but how did you get to the height limit? You must tell!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Tech De Ra + Turbo Spam + Lots of luck + Slightly broken game + Goteki 45 = Height Limit + Sticky Stuff

Yes, I managed to get up there, but I couldn't take a photo of it because my controller died at the exact same time I hit the height limit, and the game crashed immediately after, and my PS3 died for quite a while.

Did you know that all the HD and Fury ships have cannons on them, but they're never really used until you pick up a Cannon weapon?

Here's a picture explaining this: wohd_20131128_095306.jpg

You really can't see the AG-Systems ship's cannons that well, but you can see my Goteki's cannons are firing away.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I did know that. Technically, all ships carry the ability to activate any type of weapon at any time, they simply need the pickup to perform said activation. All pilots who played the old games know that the forward firing weapons now fire at a slower speed in HD than in previous games, for example, shoot rockets on Pure, and then shoot them on HD, and you'll know what I mean.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

I guess thats so it's harder to snipe things with rockets or missiles on an area such as Sebenco Climb's cave hill.

I for one do enjoy it when the AI does run into it anyway XD. Sniping plasma shot ftw.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I had a crazy plasma shot a few weeks ago on Sebenco Reverse, I let it loose coming through the mountain tunnel, and it skimmed the left wall all the way until the end of the straightaway until it hit Harimau and blew it up. Quite fun for me, not so much for the 'mau.