Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Improvement

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Agree.
    Whenever I keep racing stuck at one speed class for too long, I lose my grip on other classes. Balance is the key.

PSN ID
    Andrew-Swan

For take Gold Medal on 6 cells Uplift Wipeout HD Campaign Hard difficulty

Wipeout HD Uplift Single Race Vineta K Venom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE7cN2PIXDw
    Wipeout HD Uplift Single Race Anulpha Pass Venom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuzVRAT7tkc
    Wipeout HD Uplift Speed Lap Anulpha Pass Venom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsL0AytObM
    Wipeout HD Uplift Speed Lap Vineta K Flash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsKuAbBUJ9o
    Wipeout HD Uplift Time Trial Anulpha Pass Venom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQRJQNZa2_8
    Wipeout HD Uplift Zone Vineta K
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfE5sVNgOiM
    Last edited by Andrew-Swan; 19th June 2013 at 08:06 PM.

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

So now I've become a little older and wiser in the ways of Wipeout . . . (yeah, right )

I finished the HD campaign after spending a few days on Meltdown. However, once I finished, I began the Fury campaign and was AMAZED at how difficult it was to win a race on Venom class! I think what I want beginners to realize is that track familiarization is a VERY different process from learning to compete against other racers. I mean, sure, it's no mean feat to consistently perform perfect laps in Speed Lap mode on Sebenco Climb on Phantom Class, but that doesn't mean you know how to race.

I agree with previous posters now that Venom racing is not necessarily "easier" than Phantom racing--they're just different beasts, and they both require equally complex tactics.

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

I agree with this; when I first started playing WipEout (first game was HD ) I played race on Venom and I got last place. I played Phantom for fun and I got last place. Now that I'm progressing in Campaign (did racebox and online too long) I can race Flash, Venom and Rapier (the latter with scratches all over my hull) but can still not play Phantom. Why? Because I've only played about 5 races on Phantom.

Praaaaaaaacctise!!!!!

(makes perfect.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    se_wacheron

I agree with quickbeam, Wipeout Fury is very hard, even though i've already got elite campaign legend in HD I wasnt able to win races in the first cell haha, but well, today I got Zone Zeus and Gemini so I'm happy, just two trophies left to get the 100% (Fury Campaign and Arcade Perfect)
    Last edited by Alejandro; 25th June 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

You don't need Fury trophies for the platinum. Just saying.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Just to point out how really amazing this game can be.
    With AG-Systems, I was pretty sure I had my ship. It still is, in a way, but recently with Feisar (Fury) I smashed some of my times. It's all a matter of adjusting and refining your skills.

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

I don't know if anyone else does the same but the way I improve is by doing speed laps on the tracks which I am not really good at plus I often switch ships to see which I find best on the current track for example when ever I race on Sebenco Climb or Chenghou Project I usually use the Feisar Fury however if I am racing on Anulpha Pass I find AG-Systems Fury more comfortable but I can say that practicing on zone always helps but as for the ship switching it is a matter of personal preference

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

i also did speedlaps a lot. but i realised that you don't learn to be consistant each lap and the lines over weapon pads. so now i do this:
    1 zone session
    speedlaps
    time trials
    single races

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

@Mietepiet, I see what you mean mate by the weapon pad lines but I think that depends on if the person prefers getting weapons or the speed pad
    As a rule I try to race green as much as I can but if I am in 1st place or last that's when I start spamming the weapons, sorry for going off topic.
    Last edited by IXxNOCTURNALxXI; 19th December 2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Phantom Time Trial
    All you ever need

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Phantom Time Trial
    All you ever need
    You guys have a different kind of passion for this game. I can appreciate that. Especially you, Mr 2097.

Me? I only ever improve online - even the BR's i saw Wizardplay do on youtube, I practiced online lol - seriously. I only ever get the craving to go online and race. never for a TT or SL... is anyone else like this? or is it only me?

I feel so alone lol.

EDIT: I'm going online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

You're not alone on that terra! I love racing online, playing with friends/ others is more fun to me then nailing a time, i also practice new rolls online XD i don't care about my place during the race enough
    When i dod a time trial or speed lap however, it's usually to challenge a friend
    (time trials drive me mad though, my consistency is shite….)

and lol nocturnal, i do the opposite, when i get in first, i go full green, i feel bad if i keep dropping mines and bombs behind me while in first, only if i know the person can easily catch me and would should the crap out of me when they do, i might consider it, but even then
    Green racing <3

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 20th December 2013 at 02:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    liquid_kit aka_k_dog

Default online

hey skruffy!! always online!!

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    You're not alone on that terra! I love racing online, playing with friends/ others is more fun to me then nailing a time, i also practice new rolls online XD i don't care about my place during the race enough
    When i dod a time trial or speed lap however, it's usually to challenge a friend
    (time trials drive me mad though, my consistency is shite….)
    Haha, yes. I've seen you improve greatly over the past year or so my friend I see your phantom game has picked up too. Online is where its at, it's a whole other ball game compared to offline trials and laps. Speaking of which, my consistency also sucks on SL and TT, so when I did the campaign mode, I just gave it one shot at each mode and moved on. Surprisingly, the times weren't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Kit
    hey skruffy!! always online!!
    I try to get in an hour a day at least. Some days I play for so many hours that my left thumb goes very sore from using dpad (I dont use analog) and so I have to give it a break for a few days, until the skin harden on my thumb tip and i can peel it off, so I can feel the input better again.

Yeah. I is weirdo.

Peace.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Lol peel it off mentalist wtf haha!

SCAAAAAAAR

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Done hehe

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    liquid_kit aka_k_dog

then i´m a weirdo too... sometimes my left thumb hurts like hell!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Actually, I've been working on a project for a few weeks on this topic.

I've assembled a good lot of techniques and tactics and compiled them into a user friendly pdf guide. I am almost done with an HD guide that covers shortcuts, detailed weapons analysis, and some general tricks and tips. I will probably release it within the next week or so.

I've also started the painstaking process of taking in game photos revealing all of the barrel roll spots I know (most have the setup shot, and then a mid air upside down shot to show the actual roll itself!). I plan to assemble another guide shortly after the main one that shows detailed screenshots of all the rolls I know, with a difficulty rating for each.

If nothing else, my hope is that these guides will help newcomers to get a little know-how, and help the veteran pilots out there to have something to remember the game by!

I will see how large of a file I can post here, and if it exceeds the limit, I will post it on my own personal website and provide a link. If anyone is specifically interested, I can send you what I already have directly.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Good man. At one point I was planning a corner-by-corner breakdown of the entire game at Phantom speed, taking all ships and variables into account, with diagrams, voiceovers and whatnot. Then 2.51 happened while I was halfway through and the rules are completely different so my work was useless

I like user friendly pdf

Will be nice to see what you come up with.