Thread: Barrel Rolls

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Default Barrel Rolls

I've noticed that on any track with any ship, the only way to do barrel rolls is if you press: right, left, right. I find this really annoying because the most irritating thing in the world is if you put all your left thumb's energy into pushing those buttons really fast, and then the ship doesn't roll. I tend to do the opposite of the pulse barrel roll so it's so annoying when that happens. Is this the case for anyone else? And if so, is there another way around it?

onlykpop is offline OMNIUM - Silver Final winner Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    onlykpop

I personally use the analog stick to fly. But if you are using the D-pad, try executing the BR from the center of the pad. Where left, right, up, and down meet. Quicky wiggle your thumb left, right, left...or right, left, right. Trying to press each individual button takes too long and you won't land the BR's 100%

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Yeah I could try that, the only reason I haven't is because I just assume I'd press the up down buttons in the process and mess it up if I try to do it that way. But there ain't no harm in trying I guess.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

It took me a while to get the hang of it but with practice I can now do barrel rolls pretty much whenever I want, and the real problem is firing them off accidentally at inopportune times
    I play with an analog stick, so for me I just needed to get used to pushing to the full extent of the stick. For you, find a technique that works and practice

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Lol I should practice. And another thing I found was that the majority of the time you can only do BRs when you're first in a race. If you think about it that would make sense because if you're a pro it would be like getting free boosts every jump there is and that's not fair on the AI I'm presuming. (In time trials though, any time obviously).
    Last edited by AGSys; 21st November 2012 at 03:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

afaik there's no such restriction, it's just difficult to do them when caught in the crush.
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 21st November 2012 at 04:06 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

That's maybe just the case for me then. Because I've tested this out on many occasions and it seems like every time that's what happens.

EDIT: Yep, I tried that middle of the d-pad thing and it works at any time! I can't believe for all this time I didn't even bother to try that out .__. Anyway thanks lots for the help guys.
    Last edited by AGSys; 21st November 2012 at 07:10 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I end up pushing left, then instead of going right, I end up rotating the stick accidentally, so then it doesn't register as left, right, left.