Thread: X-Wing?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Default X-Wing?

A question raised to me in Wipeout Central, about the existence of a cheat to race an X-Wing & is it the one from Star Wars. The code is X'APDGHOST and you enter it on the main menu screen (the cheat is only for PC). If the cheat exists, can someone post a picture of it?

I wanted to see a vid of this as well

After browsing the inner files of the game (PSX version) I can assure you there is no such thing as X-Wing in the game. If I could get my hands on the PC game files I'd probably be able to check if there is an X-Wing or whatever special ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

It's a PC only cheat (you have to type the above code rather than press a combination of buttons).

Timezone
    GMT -7

I tested for fun, but it doesnt work for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I couldn't get the cheat to work but I'm having trouble configuring my keyboard so it could be that I guess.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Sorry for the bump, but I think it is possible that there might have been a typo on the various cheat websites; that is actually a common problem on websites such as GameFAQs, especially when they copy eachother without fact-checking.

There's no X-wing model in the PC version either. It'd have been found by now, since aybe basically went through the files of every early Wipeout game.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I can't believe it. A WipEout Hoax.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    There's no X-wing model in the PC version either. It'd have been found by now, since aybe basically went through the files of every early Wipeout game.
    I will give a definitive answer soon, currently I'm in the process of baking a way to parse game data from WO1/2/3/64 using the same codebase and syntax, i.e. GetModel(nameof) etc ... something like ContentReader in XNA but a light version, basically abstracting the storage file system and wipeout formats ... WIP

Recently I've been banging my head without success on deciphering DOS videos : https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php...=Psygnosis_SMV (if someone has a clue on that LZ algo, you're welcome)