Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Fury - OMNIUM Tournament

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Huge thanks to all the guys in Group 4 for doing Round 2 yesterday evening. So glad to be a part of it. Booney is a real fast beast and I didn't race very well overall. Got better at Phantom, though, so I'm happy anyway.
    Real sorry to hear Liod had an issue with the PS3. Last races weren't the same without you, cause you're the only one of us who could've catched that crazy-fast Booney!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

...aaaand it seems I cannot upload anything now. Tried uploading the Flash tournament for ages now. Last I saw the progress before saying "screw it" was >800 minutes remaining. For a 1GB, 15 minute video. Usually it only takes around 180 or so.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Forgot to mention, please keep your Round 3 entries private until the deadline

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

When you say that the aim is to "reach the highest Zone," is that whoever reaches the highest number, or whoever has the highest score? For example, which of these scenarios would win?

A) Zone 80 with 120,000 points
    B) Zone 85 with 105,000 points

Thanks.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

B) Zone 85 would win DP, only where both players have reached the same Zone would their scores come into effect.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Thanks to everyone in group 4 for the races last night, had some good fun, very bad news about Liods PS3 though hope you can find a way to get back into the tournament!

Special thanks to Liod for the Venom resilts help

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Zone mode is burning my eyes off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

I ordered a new PS3 that I hope will arrive before thursday ends. Actually I don't have the money for it, but **** it. Me without a PS3 is only half human and I don't want to jump out of this tourney, even if I lost potential points now. Then I will stay in for the fun of it.
    And thanks for your sympathy, group 4 guys. Very appreciated, I'm in a much better mood by now.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    B) Zone 85 would win DP, only where both players have reached the same Zone would their scores come into effect.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification mate. I'll give this a go tomorrow.

PSN ID

To be honest I wasn't sure about it at first, but having had a quick bash at Pro Tozo it makes perfect sense. Doing 8 Zone runs in 4 days is quite a lot anyway. If you're aiming solely for a high score it could be so frustrating, hitting restart every time you clip a wall early on. But with this system it's no big deal, you recover and carry on. One should never doubt the wisdom of the Hellfire

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Damn right bitches

Actually, the real reason is that I wanted this round to be a "how fast can you handle?" type of competition

BTW, Germanistgeek has withdrawn from the tournament

PSN ID

Ah fair play, well it works on both levels

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The results for Round 2 have now been added to the spreadsheet. You can find it attached here and on the front page
    Attached Files Attached Files

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Yay! Joint 1st in that round. Was hoping I would do decent in that round, had a lot riding on it to be quite frank.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Two nights to learn Zone for me. One night down. One night to go. Wipeout is Xtreme - nearly as xtreme as WOZ!!!

Why is Metropia so hard on Zone!? lol

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

6th place so far. Hopefully Round 3 I can play catch up. Just a friendly reminder, I will not be participating in Round 4. Will be out of town during that time.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    bpinflag

Wow, barely squeezed out a win over Defjukie. Fantastic racing group one! Time to go hit the zone

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I noticed one mistake in group 8 round 2 results, Rapier, Chenghou reverse .... I've been given 6 points for 2nd place but I know I actually won that race, theconzio came 2nd.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Defjukie16

I'm gonna tell you guys a story about what happened today. It was a normal cold snowy day in Connecticut, I just came back from the gym, hitting the blue bag in the boxing room, came home to play sodium one, then the controller started freaking out as usual, had to tap it on my desk to make it stop. Next thing I know, for the 3rd time this year, the R1 button came off and now it's not going back on. That makes the R side of my controller completely bare. I'm telling you pilots this because soon, I'm gonna get a new controller, glitch-free with all the buttons and I will work my hands off and transcend my playing abilities, bpinflag, It's gonna be fun playing with you and I know you'll make it to the finals. Kpop, Brothers in NAWTy, I know you recently got your new controller which will make are races the best quality, but when that happens with any pilot, got to let everyone know, I won't hold back.
    Last edited by Defjukie16; 8th January 2013 at 04:09 AM.

onlykpop is offline OMNIUM - Silver Final winner Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    onlykpop

Now now William beware my wrath cause you wont expect it According to LJ I use dark magic hahahaha! Guess it helps :/