Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friendly Wipeouters

Default Friendly Wipeouters

Hi,

sometimes while playing with other (for me unknown) people I try to message them to congratulate for a good race or to pay tribute to these players. Now the strange thing: Nobody has ever ignored me or was unfriendly. Most conversations ending with a smile and sometimes with a new training partner on the friend list. I've never seen such a pleasant/nice community like this. In other games one is often ignored or a hateful message is returned (rare but happens too).

Well here's my question: Am I the only one who had made such an experience? Or is it reality?

Edit: Hmm made a mistake in the title. Should be "Friendly Wipeouters"
    Last edited by Feydius; 29th October 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    boblovesmaryann

I've messaged people after races with those same results, too! I think it's a reality for us Wipeouters. We're just a group of friendly people.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It's true, the number of people we've experienced over the years who have been utter tits can be counted on one hand. Not sure what it is about this game but it certainly seems to bring together the decent part of the gaming community

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

WipEout is easily the greatest game for community. Never ONCE had problems.

I love you all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

this community is great, cause EVERYONE is welcome! if you have a question, im sure it'll be answered here, if possible. most of the community members over here are 30+ of age, and have a 'balance' in RL (own family etc.). so you won't get stupid (childish) answers or comments most likely

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Same goes to me, virtually through PSN and also in reality when we decided to acheive steps forward and meet for real through European Wipeout Conventions or North American ones. Welcome to a family-kind community

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

I absolutely love this community. This is easily the best one I've signed up for so far. There's something magical about WipEout that surprisingly brings everyone here together, like what Hellfire said. Long live WipEoutZone!

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Yeah great community!! I think it is partly because the game is very individual in the way that you don't have teams so it becomes more important to be friendly and message other pilots during races. All my firends on PS3 are Wipeouters!! Even if they have "retired"...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Defjukie16

With the exception of the xX333-3Xx and xX333-1Xx and of course the "sheep girls", I've never had a problem. I could get a bit competitive and go on the war path but that's only if I'm really p-ed off.

Thanks for your answers.

I fit into the group JFthebestJan mentioned. With 30+ now I've played some Wipeout games before (started to play Wipeout 2097 on a brand new Playstation console back in 1996 I believe). I think most of you have played a Wipeout series game before HD/2048. This creates a question in my mind automatically:

Is the Wipeout community growing? Do young people (who had never played this game series before) stay with Wipeout a longer time and not to get the game trophies only?

Everytime I see the online lobby of Wipeout HD it's getting more empty. Although many PS3 users got the game after the PSN outage. But maybe it depends on the game genre and most people have other preferences.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Who were the "sheep girls"? xD It sounds like an interesting story...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Defjukie16

dreadofmondays:
    Well the sheep girls are a group of racers that are in the online play sometimes and kinda trash talk you after each race, I remember I was playing a_sheepy_kiss_4U and I eliminated her then the message started coming saying it's not wise to shoot sheepgirl then everytime she won a race she messaged saying go go sheepgirl. Not the toughest racers but not to be taken lightly...

Feydius:
    Of Course that's the case! I've been playing WipEout for a year now and I know onlykpop has been playing for a year as well and his is already one of the top players on online racing mode. I've played all the classic WipEouts and tried to master them for the love of the game. The storyline of WipEout is so interesting that new players can't help but get drawn in and the scenery in every WipEout game is beautiful. Not to mention that if you're playing Gran Turismo for example, you can't shoot your opponent off the tracks with missiles!!! But you do have to factor in the patience level, because if you've gotten all the medals in campaign mode in every class, you might think you're one of the top players well wait till you get online and see how good you really are. That's when you lose players. At this point the players have a choice, to stop online play right there and only play the game without online mode or step up and push yourself to the next level, you may get beat hundreds of times but if you stick it out, study the tracks and practice barrel rolls like crazy and have the heart of a true WipEout player, you'll be one of the top players on WipEout. That's with any mode in the game eliminator, zone.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Defjukie16, spot on there mate about the time needed to become a top pilot!

Races become very interesting with a_sheepy_kiss_4U. In fact they become more like eliminator. But are very fun !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

First time I race sheep girl, I was racing green first lap "it" mined and bombed me to keep me off and then second lap it did something that I personally find to be bad sportsmanship, namely brake to get behind you and rocketed me up the arse and killed me, that I didn't appreciate, I still beat the sheep girl but got a message saying something like "IT*S SHEEPGIRL!" sadly I made the mistake of feeding the troll and wrote back since then whenever I see a sheepgirl I get rude messages.

though I'm unsure if it's actually a group I think it might just be one person with many different accounts

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

I love going head-2-had with Sheepgirl and her mob/split personality.

She kept sending me messages and I just said: "Flattered by your obsession, but I'm not interested."

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    boblovesmaryann

ohhhmg!! Now it all makes sense... I met a sheepgirl the first day I ever played online!

I was hosting this Flash class, Single Race lobby when a sheepgirl popped in and made it her point to attempt to eliminate me every race. That happened for like 10 matches, then someone jumped in the lobby with a ridiculous PSN ID and she claimed her new victim. (Which was great, cause I started winning races after that!)

That first "go go sheepgirl" message confused me a whole lot, until now. But she was friendly enough, sending "rocket kisses, muah" and whatnot. She even asked if I missed her "lovin" at some point. Such a random first day!

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

I guess she's the WipEout community's *cough*-pest?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Umm I've got theory about the sheepgirl sheepy kiss identity and here it is: not a girl (takes a b to know one, you see and some wording in messages gave it away bub, sorry), from the attitudes I think this fella is an ex-member of the zone and well, sometimes the random messages are just so sad I want to send virtual hugs in return
    But I've always returned messages in good fun because regardless of that member's exit from here and circumstances it's quite obvious ("s")he still loves wipeout. You don't have to be principled, extremely high-moraled and friendly to love wipeout, that's just what I expect from the zone. Always interesting, sheepy I feel sure you're going to read this at some point.

BTW sheeps really doesn't like it when you have a wipeout noob friend over, racing under your ID, and then you randomly take over. That was funny, really funny...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Obviously the WipEout community isn't perfect. If you talked to Infoxicated about it, I'm sure he'd be able to provide a few stories where players have not been that nice.

While I don't play anymore, when I did I almost never sent messages to anyone unless I was spoken to. However, if there was an always-on voice chat during the race, you can be assured I would not have had many nice things to say about most racers who hit me with weapons or dogged my racing line ;P

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

yes of course it's not perfect, it's just pretty close in general don't you think? Anyway the sheepies' trash talk has always had friendly tone to it, what ends up in my inbox at least, and I merely posted my little theory as a sort of heads-up for all us nice perfect people here at the zone