Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xx333xxx-xx1/xx3.... WTF

PSN ID
    willesden_2097

Default Xx333xxx-xx1/xx3.... WTF

Anybody played those two guys lately? Xx333xxx-xx1/xx3 or some like that?
    What a bolony, let me tell you that!
    They are ****ing up my game online since two days...
    What they do is easy I think, one is ridding a heavy armed ship while the other a more responsive one.
    One stick on the front of you preventing you to take any option, while the other one stick behind you collect option and fire at you.
    Then the first one brakes, and you think 'I gonna make it', turns out he is loaded with some that he will fire at you, then the other one get on the front and do the same again...and again and again....
    I think i have seen one guy passing them, once....and thats all.....

Anybody having them ruining their game, or Im old school and that is totally normal?

PSN ID
    willesden_2097

Oh yeah i forgot, I play single race or tournament....and they turn it into eliminator....
    I am already gutted that most of people play external view, when I wish I could force cockpit one, and now I cant even race I have people preventing me to race proper

Willesden_2097 user name by the way

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

That doesn't sound nice although I have to give them credit for being clever.
    At any rate, can't you choose a different game in the lobby?

PSN ID
    willesden_2097

I would, but lately the lobby is kinda deserted...assumed people were into 2048 now...so we have 6 to 8 player max everyday playing single race or tournament.
    But I give them the credits to be really clever on that way of playing...still tho it aint racing anymore...not much.
    Last edited by infoxicated; 31st May 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: quote removed

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

A technically clever but annoying tactic, but stick them on Phantom speed and I guarantee you that they won't stand a chance.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Practice some speed lap and time trial. I've raced them, they're not particularly fast. Admittedly didn't have much time to test, there may have been a double rage quit 3 races down the line

You can try to be clever all you want, but in this game, speed rules all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. This tactic wont work at Rapier and above I'm pretty sure. The ships go too fast for slowing down and blowing **** up to work effectively.
    Other than that, kids eh. Their name tags don't suggest otherwise.

~-=xXxXx-[PRO-MLG]-777-DaRkDrIuM-777-[DM-KING]-xXxXx=-~ out.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I have been popping on here and there. But, in the US, HD is deserted as hell. Met a couple guys who did the same type of thing, but when the speed went to Rapier or Phantom..... :~

Granted I'm nowhere near where I was skill wise a couple years ago, especially at Phantom.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I shall look out for said clowns online, I usually race at Phantom though or Rapier if it isn't available. Might be worth a wonder into flash etc with a Triakis, hello lads

PSN ID
    traksta1

"Spectated" a race or 3 with these guys in yesterday out of curiosity. They seem very efficient at what they do and between them blew the absolute living crap out of the normally pretty fast lone pilot in the game. Was tempted to have a go at the challenge of beating them but with a ds3 now at almost £50 a pop to replace, i decided not to risk a ds3/wall interface event in what looked like a pretty frustrating experience and left them to it. Have to give them kudos for the teamwork but would love to see them get some of the same treatment from a similarly organised team. But then.... who wants to practice being an ***hole?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I kind of like it! It could be a new mode or challenge. Team based races like we did before between countries. The only negative thing about the two dudes is: not telling the other pilots and not placing a challenge here at the zone.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

Ever tried backfiring? Works for me.When they hit you,have a weapon prepared for backfiring (especially for the one on the front) Rockets work best,as if you hit two of them at close range they will be stopped for a quite long time.

Not sure if this tactic will work for you,but doesn't cost anything trying it out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    ...The only negative thing about the TWO DUDES is: not telling the other pilots and not placing a challenge here at the zone.
    they're minimum 3 different accounts, 1 & 2 & 3.
    no. 2 is the guy with the lowest skill, if racing heads up.
    no. 1 is a very good pilot , and no. 3 is fast too.

imho the guys are cheating in doing team up against the other players. cheating, cause they don't tell the others what they're doing, although it's pretty obvious after a few weapon pads. they always race with hints on, so if u want to avoid their game, select only rooms with hints off.
    some1 mentioned their gameplay wouldn't work @ rapier, but that's exactly the class they choose most of the time
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 2nd June 2012 at 07:13 PM.

I've come across them as well......bloody hate them for ruining perfectly good races. A few other like to stop in the middle of a race and then blow the crap out of you as you go past them - all I can say is if you are in a race then race, otherwise go and create your own eliminator event...this applies particularly to some american called weapons_ _girl.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

I competed with them, are not so strong, the only thing they do is fire their rockets.
    Another player with a similar behavior is GRAN-STRATEGGAIR, always a fake id

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

GRAN -STRATEGGAIR's a weird one. He's not a bad racer, also does ZB and Elims, but the other week he turned around on a race at Talon's and went backwards firing at everybody. Not something you expect from somebody who plays a lot.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Every time he sees me, it changes the game from single race to eliminator, just to get me out.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

The rare times I win these guys, I feel delighted

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Their strategy is pretty much only effective for the first 10-20 seconds of a race where everyone is close together, then again thats about as much time as you need to ensure a win. In most situations I get hit once in that time, X3 gets ahead, either out of short weapon range or in weapon hogging range and you're forced to play catch up with less energy. The other two "Xx" pilots are too far behind me to be a problem unless they quake.

If you're the first one to the first weapon pad they have a serious problem setting up, especially if it's a good boost, bomb or mines. A shield will delay any setup they can do on the next pad (if there's one pad on that section).
    It's easier to win on tracks with dual weapon pad sections, Sebenco is a nightmare when you have 3 pilots organising mine/bomb placement, and I imagine Chenghou forward would prove difficult.

And yeah, they always play with hints on, so use it against them.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by XxSuperRyugaxX View Post
    Every time he sees me, it changes the game from single race to eliminator, just to get me out.
    Ha. I joined a ZB lobby with vitamindrink the other day. It was just me and him. He changed it to a 600pt Venom eliminator and pressed start immediately. As if I was going to stick around for that? I never usually bail on someone, particularly 1vs1, but that would have been tedious.

Re: the Xx... crew, I don't mind it really. It's fun if you're in a chat room with a couple of friends and you play against them, adds another dimension to it. It's not like they're spamming people with nasty messages or anything.