Thread: The Last Game You Sold?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Default The Last Game You Sold?

The reverse of the other thread. What was the last game you sold, why did you sell it, and do you ever wish you had it back?

What brings this up is:
    I woke this morning and really, really wanted to play Star Ocean The Last Hope International...but I sold it awhile back to raise a measly bit of cash! I thought I was done with that game (obviously), but...I'm not, and now I am going to go buy it again! It was a really long game (for me, who never plays RPGs), full of lame humour, huge dungeons with hours between save points, at times incredibly hard battles (depending on how levelling up was done), and stupendous cutscenes (movies, actually). In short, the perfect mix of fun and difficulty, and I miss the darn game.

On the other hand, I tried selling my Ratchet and Clank games and nobody wanted them. I tried really hard to get into these games, and found them boring, deadly boring, not difficult, not engaging, mostly annoying with a hint of humour. Oh, the irony.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Not the last games I sold, but certainly the ones I remember the most. Back at university and in need of some cash, I took a selection of games down to CEX to pawn off. While I look back at a lot of them and think "meh, whatever", there were two in that group that I've been kicking myself over ever since - MGS Twin Snakes and Skies of Arcadia Legends. I got around £25 for the pair of them. If I want them back now on eBay I'd have to part with around £90!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Last game I sold was HAWX. For something that was about things that fly fairly fast, it was slow. Painfully slow.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

I don't really think I've sold any games. I lose them, but they never end up being sold.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I think I've sold pretty much every game I've ever bought, damn the trade in system!

I always regretted selling Ico, but I did keep the collectors art cards I got with it I only ever kept GTA games, SSX games and of course WipEout

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

All I have is the Ico promo disc, and someone would have to pry it (and my wipEout stuff) out of my cold dead hands to get it away from me! I rarely sell games, because I am so picky about what I buy in the first place and usually end up loving what I buy.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Yeah I was like that, but then I ran out of money and something had to give. Story of my life!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Right, there is that at times sadly I will part with my games before working street corners etc, I'm not quite that attached to them.

Timezone
    GMT -8

I finally rid myself of Skyward Sword.
    I heard what it would be like. Hated it.
    Saw what it would be like. Hated it.
    After 30 hours and 3 days of my precious December. HATED it.
    Worst Nintendo game I have ever had the misfortune of spending valuable gift money on. It sat on the floor in my closet from December 28th to yesterday evening. I only 100% it so I would know what I was talking when Nintendo fanboys attacked me for not conforming to their opinion. I'd never want to even be paid to play that game again. I'll play Other M over that any given day of the week.

I'll be honest, it's been years since I've genuinely liked a Nintendo game. I know what you mean about fanboys. A load of Nintendo fans got up at arms about a game site that 'only' gave Skyward 8/10...

As for me, I buy and sell games all the time. Particular games I feel bad about selling? Only too many to mention because, not only has the price gone up, but I'd have to restart saved games also. That being said, most games I rebuy don't live up to the memories of the past, so I'm not too bothered.

Last game I sold was Virtua Tennis 4 for the PS Vita. I'm currently looking to sell about 5 more Vita games before I leave the country for a couple of months.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 19th September 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: No need to quote a post immediately before your own

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I don't think I've ever sold a game, although I lost a couple (or swapped them with friends, maybe) when I was a kid. I guess I could lose a few stinkers from my collection (aside from awesomely crap games like Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace on PS1 ), but most games are worth so little money that I might as well save the effort and keep them. The few I have that are worth something are the ones I'd never sell anyway.