Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Studio Liverpool gone

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

Quote Originally Posted by Sch@dows View Post
    I remember reading that Wip3out was done by Psygnosis Leeds and not the Liverpool Studio, and that one was pretty good too.
    Still my favourite. And it had customizable controls, 13 years before they couldn't be bothered to put them in Wipeout 2048.

Quote Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
    Honestly, I'd also prefer if the Wipeout franchise ends here. It's clearly not a hit seller, and there's not much more you can do with the franchise. They were apparently looking to make the next installment very different from the others, and that worries me. Remember what happened last time (Fusion).
    I agree that Fusion was a bit disappointing, hopefully they did much better later (one may say "less worse") but if another studio develops a sequel there is a small chance the first title will be disappointing for the same reasons.

I yet have to comment the "there's not much more you can do with the franchise" part. History showed us resurrections which proved very successful, one recent that comes to my mind being Street Fighter IV - though it was a partial resurrection since Capcom (the former developer of Street Fighter) co-developed Street Fighter IV.

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Is there any possibility that whoever takes them will finish up the work?
    If you'd like a polished version of the WipEout 2048 Vita game as is, I don't see any reason why they would update the game. I mean, as gamers we would love to, but publishers have no interest in doing so.

Other options would be porting the game to another platform (most probably PS3) and hope the port would add features, or getting another title (WipEout 2049 ?) with some updates.

First tDR closes and Colin Fawcett died and now this, I was very shocked when I heard the story I really love the wipEout series every though HD was my first game but Destruction Derby was the first game I played from Psygnosis in the late 90's and wipEout was inspirational to me with the graphic arts. So I do say R.I.P wipEout and Sudio Liverpool / Psygnosis.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by G-Hob View Post
    Still my favourite. And it had customizable controls, 13 years before they couldn't be bothered to put them in Wipeout 2048.
    2048 was still fun, but I don't know why they removed so many features. No custom soundtracks? No custom races? Local OR online? No control of the stock soundtrack? And wasn't there supposed to be some AR thing? PulsE will always be my favorite (haven't played HD on the PS3 yet).
    inb4 PULSE IZ 2 SLO!!!!!1

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

I've read through every single comment from the previous 21 pages, and I have to say, it's lovely seeing everyone sympathize and express their grief at the news, and also their personal experiences of being inundated to WipEout Also, nice to see Australia getting some recognition, the prices we pay are just ridiculous.
    Late to the party, I know, but I found out on the same day everyone else did and have been dealing with the news away from WipEout Zone. All my friends that also love WipEout, there are about 5/6 of them, are also devastated by the news of closure from SL. We've been playing WipEout Pure at school everyday since the news, and I've been playing Zone every night
    Best wishes to the SL staff, I loved the facebook page they had with 2048, a real shame it's all gone now

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

very sad

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

indeed Terra-Wrists. But lets make the most of the time left and keep playing online! Some great races with you recently

Timezone
    GMT -6

Look at it this way, with Studio Liverpool gone, WipEout is now public domain, unless Sony still holds the rights.

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    R1C47

Of course Sony still holds the rights.
    How do you think they are still selling games with the Wipeout name.
    Things don't just go public domain just because the studio that made the game doesn't exist anymore. That's not how things work.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Thanks Feisar_arc, you made my day n__n

Timezone
    GMT -6

Oh, does that mean I can't post race footage of Wip3out Special Edition to YouTube?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

You can, and Sony could probably ask for removal of it, but i'm pretty sure it won't happen (there is already plenty of videos)

Default Thanks for the image

This is now my wallpaper. I only realised the Studio Liverpool closure happened yesterday.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Now is probably not the time, but I heard that Sony has a new manager now. I am not sure wether that is good or bad news for us, but I have a mildly positive feeling about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

On the Wipeout 2048 Facebook page a simple post appeared...

WE. ARE. ALIVE.

With an awesome picture. Dunno what that means though

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Yeah I just saw that too. Good news!

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

The 2048 page is active... WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!?!?!?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Means.....it is alive!!!......well, l hope!

Stevie

PSN ID
    MarcoM1972

very curious indeed....

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Mildly positive feelings FTW!

A pic of an AG-Systems respawn. And how pathetic is it that my first thought was, "Darn, respawns are still in".

I hope "WE" is as all encompassing as it sounds, great news devs-formerly-known-as-SL!