Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio Liverpool gone

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Unhappy Studio Liverpool gone

Not much more to add - news is emerging this morning that Sony have shut down development for good this time.

So you can all look forward to some kind of Motorstorm/WipEout hybrid in the future when Mick Hocking decides to resurrect it at Evolution.

Probably.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

What on earth... not again...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Someone might want to close the other thread I made about this I am using my mobile and managed to miss this one sorry. Terrible news though we will miss you SL ...I'm not sure I'm looking forward to any Wipeout/Motorstorm cross bred game either it was a thought that crossed my mind when I saw the article .

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It's true, it's been confirmed...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...verpool-report

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

sad panda
    kotaku writeup here

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I remember in 2009-2010 the same thing. And even was mixed with Evolution Studios. Nobody told anything more, just it was merged with Evolution Studios. Only in this site i saw that this "staff reduction" was not so big, and was only a few directors or chief programmers or whatever.
    And then, the following year i see the SL logo in the trailer of the newest WipEout 2048. What happened here?

I don't want to see the following sh*t again, even if really Sony confirmed it.

Really 2048 sales were too low? Or maybe that Vita is the one causing that trouble not selling the expected?

If is this really true, first party Sony's games decreased my interest. Well, i'm not even interested in Uncharted. Just WipEout is one.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Anything could've happened to them.

"It has been decided that Liverpool Studio should be closed. Liverpool Studio has been an important part of SCE Worldwide Studios since the outset of PlayStation, and have contributed greatly to PlayStation over the years. Everyone connected with Liverpool Studio, past and present, can be very proud of their achievements".

And of course, closing that studio down is the most smartest thing they could do(!)

"However, it was felt that by focusing our investment plans on other Studios that are currently working on exciting new projects, we would be in a stronger position to offer the best possible content for our consumers."

Exciting new projects? Where are they? Subjective opinion aside, I don't see any real innovation from you, and I can't help but feel that we'll never see that again.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, maybe I'm longing for the days when we were customers and not consumers, but this just doesn't sit right.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

WHAT THE?!
    Did I go back in time?
    Is this some kind of mistake on this Forum and the date&time settings went nuts?
    I just don't believe it.
    Does this mean WipEout is no more?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Erm, what? I’m a little bit confused here.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Now confirmed on the Facebook 2048 page as well:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you may have heard Sony have chosen to close Studio Liverpool as of today.
    This page will no longer be maintained by the WipEout Team.

We have loved making every game, every minute and every one of you. Keep the faith, keep loving WipEout.

Thank you for everything, Pilots. It's been an amazing journey and we'll miss you.
    x

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

That corporate language disgusts me.

"However, it was felt that by focusing our investment plans on other Studios that are currently working on exciting new projects, we would be in a stronger position to offer the best possible content for our consumers."
    The only exciting new project I saw was the new AAA title SL was working on. Maybe WipEout Trinity, maybe not. In fact, it was a certainly new high-quality game to come. Continue commiting suicide Sony, if it pleases you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    Does this mean WipEout is no more?
    Not necessarily. The IP will presumably remain in the Sony portfolio. Whether they ever use it again and who will develop if they do are different matters.

Sad news indeed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ExaltedR3V3NG3

Now the only hope is a WipEout-ish game developed by Evolution Studios... RIP Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool, an important piece in PlayStation's history...

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

The only thing I do not understand... What happened 2 years ago? Sony also closed the Studio, no? Was it reopened, or what?

UPD. Oh, I'm wrong, two years ago Sony closed some project, not the studio.

PSN ID
    Staz117

Good bye WipEout. Good bye video game ...

No seriously, I can't believe that ...

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

This is awful.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Apparently, they were working on a WipEout title since 12 to 18 months, from a Eurogamer source. If it's true, well played Sony. *applause with the most irony available*

EDIT : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-game-for-ps4

This is terrible.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Well, welcome to the list of studios that was lost that I enjoyed, Studio Liverpool. I really didn't think I had to add to this list. There was only one on it, PopTop Software.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I just had a thought, what about online? Does this mean the HD and 2048 servers will be shut down?