Thread: Studio Liverpool gone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    RICHochet

It's too bad. The only reason I have a PSP, PS Vita, and PS3 are due to the WipEout games. Yea, there are other good PS exclusives, but not good enough to warrant the system except for WipEout! I won't be buying a PS4 now =/

I'm also disappointed because this rules out any chance of a complete 2048 (because let's be honest, it's not quite done). The game still needs an online mode where you can pick any event you want like HD so that you don't have to play combat and low speed class races over and over when you just want to play some online A or A+ races... Also I still wanted at least a speed grid for the HD Vita expansion like 2048's if not a full racebox. Oh well.

The Vita was definitely still worth it. 2048 is still great, it just could have been even better =)

I sincerely hope that the WipEout franchise isn't dead for good this time. It would be such a shame. Even if it was never a major hit, it was still successful and a PS staple.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

IT's kinda sad to know that there would be no more wipEout ( Im secretly hoping that a game studio comes along and resurrects the series ) I never had that enjoyment out of a game before.

I hope later in the future when i get my Uni/College/Whatever degree in Computing/Programming I hope to become a game developer and hopefully create a game that has a similar feel and style to wipEout.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

We will alway love you, Psyg/ SL.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I'm shocked and dismayed. Been a huge Psygnosis fan since Shadow of the Beast.

Do you think we'll see another Wipeout, fellas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Everything can be considered at the time we speak. I don't think Sony can allow itself to throw to bin at least 12 months of work (if that information is true) on a new WipEout game, but the video game industry is on a strange mood so we could have an new WipEout next year as in ten. All the things we can do is to wait and to keep the community alive.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah Mikahail is right.

Keep the community alive, keep playing Wipeout. Let us show to Sony that there is a Wipeout fanbase who would love to see & buy a new Wipeout!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikahail View Post
    I don't think Sony can allow itself to throw to bin at least 12 months of work
    Believe me, games have been trashed after more work than that.

As for keeping the community alive from our own, I couldn't agree more. That's what we do best and we'll stop at nothing to keep it going !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well think about this.
    Sony always uses some form of Wipeout as a launch title for any new console, if they scrap 12-18 months worth of work and the studio that is producing it, it could only suggest that any planned PS4 has been shelved for the foreseeable future.

The problem Sony have to address, and is the main problem causing their financial woes, is the ridiculous pricing structure for the content being sold through the PSN.
    Especially the unexplainable price disparity of the same downloadable content in different countries.
    People are fed up with, are refusing to buy it full stop, this is leading to "Brand Resentment" = people feeling all Sony goods are a rip-off, so they are losing sales of their hardware as well.

The price gouging on TV's in certain countries [Australia] is both obvious and undefendable, particular popular models that are exactly the same in different countries are price inflated by more than 85% yet are source from the same place,and have a shorter distance to travel from the factory.
    Plus you have the fact the the Aus $1 is buying roughly US$1.10
    Price from Sony USA.
    HX850
    http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666415272
    HX750
    http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666415284

Price Sony Australia
    HX850
    http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-46hx850
    HX750
    http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-46hx750

It's stuff like this going on worldwide is why Sony is going down the toilet.
    All easily checkable via the internet.

Do they honestly think people are going to repeatably allow themselves to be treated as fools.

The biggest electronic chain store is Australia [JB] has now stopped carrying Sony TV's