Thread: Why its so hard!?

PSN ID
    Joao_Vicente

Default Why its so hard!?

Wipeout for vita is so difficult that being frustrating try to play it! I always get gold medals in Wipeout HD, I not too bad on this game (not a pro too) but in Vita is so difficult to win! I searched the forum to see if there were any tips on how to improve, but no! I think I'll leave this game and play just the HD version! Is a shame because Vita version its really great, but too dificult for me.

*ps sorry my bad english

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ExaltedR3V3NG3

The trick is to get used to the 2048 gameplay: knowing the speed pads/BR places for the tracks for speed laps and races and crossing your fingers in combat mode are the most useful tricks I could tell you in a few lines.

But for me it wasn't as difficult as WOHD especially in the last levels. Maybe the hard thing are the A+ challenges to elite pass, but the rest was somewhat easy-intermediate difficult.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

The biggest difference for me in 2048 vs HD is that in 2048, you should use the airbrake very sparingly. It is very possible to take the majority of corners through steering only (using Feisar/AGSYS speed anyway).

PSN ID
    Joao_Vicente

Default Thx

Thx! I really like wipeout, since psx! Play for a long time on psp, so I insist on PSV version! I tried a few things... Reading another thread I realize how works (better), game still too dificult but now its playable (LOL), First I tried turn off pilot assist, I have read that it affects the speed, but its a total mass!!!! To difficult! So I turned on "normal" pilot assist. Now its playable! The bad news is that this was not explained in the tips on the game... I was about throwing my psv on wall, it was very frustrating, now, its fine!

I realize too that using Air breakes is different from HD version, I never use it on HD version, only that thing "quick turn" when u push L or R two time, on PSV its not work too well...

Thx for helping people! But dont close the thread yet! I will check for some new tips! The tread about "tips" its nice, but....... this one its nice for noobs!
    Last edited by jvabbdac; 15th August 2012 at 04:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

PSN ID
    Joao_Vicente

Yeah, I get a couple tips from this thread

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Chris9394

How did u not use airbrakes in HD?! :S

Also, u can always read the 54-page instruction manual, though it didnt say anything about pilot assists
    Last edited by Chris20M; 16th August 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I'm an average player.
    Except for A+ Challenges, 2048 is easy... a lot easier than HD in Elite difficulty!
    In 2048, you can BR like a freak, there are weapons pads everywhere!
    There was 1 very hard destruction event at the beginning... it has been patched to make it easier.

PSN ID
    Joao_Vicente

Usually I only use "quick turn". Sorry... but what is "BR"? Its the weapon pad?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

It means Barell Roll

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ah yeah, sorry for that!
    BR = Barrel Roll (left right left or right left right in the air)
    SS = Side Shift (double tap on air brake)
    SP = Speed Pad

These should be the main acronyms you can find here

You can check on the youtube account of Kakeru : http://www.youtube.com/user/Kakeru714
    There are several vids of 2048, and he's a great player.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Chris9394

The A+ challenges are real hard, especially when the AIs can BR now
    Just a few of them and I can get all Elite Pass

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Sometimes it's good to put the game aside. It's like going to a gym, you need 24-48 hours to let your muscles rest.
    After hundreds attempts to beat any A+ challenge with an Elite pass (save the Sol, which is the easiest) I decided to take a week break.
    After that, believe me, four Elite passes (on different A+ challenges of course) in a row, in one seat. Damn, my hands were shaking. )))
    And I understood what I was doing wrong: ignored the green pads. It appears learning their location (and using what you've got) is a halfway to success.
    Good luck!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The A+ challenges aren't the most difficult (currently, I got elite pass on every events execpt Rockaway Stadium). I think the worst in this game is the online campaign (most difficult because of its random aspect), especially when players keep voting for combat...
    Some people here have some tricks to win in online combat ? Because I thought it's brainless random shooting but sometimes, I see some players who can win 5 or 10 times in a row.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes, that`s why l`m so detest combat nearly all the time but all l want is just to RACE and that is all. But, once I completed plat and tried go back online and got bored easily because of combat and unfortunately no racebox.

stevie

PSN ID
    Joao_Vicente

Sweet