View Poll Results: What do you think of Custom Music?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YEAH! Custom music FTW!

20 41.67%
  • I have it enabled, and I won't turn it off soon...

9 18.75%
  • Both Original and Custom are fine IMO

18 37.50%
  • I can live without it...

1 2.08%
  • Custom Music? No thank you!

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of music would you prefer?

SpeedKAng96 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Venom Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SpeedKAng96

Arrow What kind of music would you prefer?

Yep, the thread's title speaks for itself...
    What do you like the most, the original soundtrack or the custom music?

In my opinion, I would rather have my custom soundtrack of psychedelic trance songs when I race. The races are hardly exciting with the original soundtrack,
    plus it gets tiring and annoying very quickly listening to "Machine Gun", "Swagger" or "Frontline" over and over again.

So... What do you prefer? The original soundtrack in the game or your own collection of music applied in the game?

And IF you prefer custom music, what kind of music genre do you use in WipEout HD?

I just wanna see what everyone here on the zone has in opinion about it

Cheers

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I only liked some of the tracks in the original HD soundtrack, so I made a custom playlist and use that. It's still got some of the original tracks in there from a number of the WipEouts over the years, plus a mixture of some of my favourite drum and bass, techno and dubstep tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SpeedKAng96

I can agree with you there. I liked some music from the original, like "Marmite" from Two Fingers.

But it still wouldn't hurt to have some variety after using the original for awhile.
    Last edited by SpeedKAng96; 14th January 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

If you invest a lot of time into the game I think most people will find that they like a change in aural scenery. While the default music is nice enough and suits the game, ultimately I think it's more fun when you play to a song you like and as part of a wider selection of songs isn't forced through your ears every other race.

I don't think it's a matter of opinion, really, although some people will invariably be the exception to the rule.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I tend to go for dubstep and liquid dnb (not in that order) but theres a slew of other styles and genres mixed in there too, everything from breakbeat to psytrance and synthpop anything that gets the blood pumping essentially.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Queen, Linkin Park etc, I've used anything, I'm sure I've even used Chemical Plant Zone's theme at one point.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SpeedKAng96

LOL, I guess you use it on the Phantom races?

I should try Sky Santuary Zone in Sol 2
    Last edited by SpeedKAng96; 15th January 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Trance and Dance songs are my way to go; what would I do without them?
    Even I like some songs of the default soundtrack, my main preference is my favourite genres (my videos speak for themselves ).

I have mostly Intelligent Drum and Bass from the early 2000s (LTJ Bukem, Seba, Mykra, etc.) I also have early 90s jungle tunes (Orca's "Intalect" and "Tranquility to the Earth" and some others) and I also have some of my own musics...
    Here's an example of the Jungle I have in there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-RcOyUUKA

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

I've raced to rap and thrash metal and found it to fit.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I listen to techno and prog most of the time, although sometimes metal for Elims and something a bit more ambient for Zone.

If I'm recording then I play without music, because of the sound quality. Not a problem for Zone (probably helps actually), OK(ish) for races but a nightmare for Elims, I forget what I'm doing half the time

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    asdfffdsa

I find a variety of different kinds of electronic and house music harmonize well with Wipeout, but french filter house is my personal ideal. When in one of those clutch moments where you're trading places for first with someone in an online phantom race, the right track can allow for an incredible high.

IMO, the default soundtrack is great too, except for those tracks picked for the expansion. You need music that is suited to being played repeatedly--those tracks were better suited to promotional previews.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Hehe, it's nice that everykind of music works with wipeout, metal, psy, trance you name it. I laughed my ass off when a randomly mixed playlist turned on Scatman, where he mumbled something in a tunnel on chenghou project

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

I must be strange, but I like the sound track as it is. Altho I may add to it some time.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I loved all WipEout soundtracks since the first game. It allowed me to get more open to electronic music of all kinds and i've never ever regretted it since then. Electronic music is my life, i was born to love it and make some.

Original soundtrack make me discover lots of great artists. Like from HD, i liked Noisia and got some of them. But custom soundtrack is a godsend to me. I have 10 different playlist of particular genres for HD/Fury, from prog house to tech-trance, house, drum 'n' bass, breaks, hard-tech, industrial, acid house, bigbeat, minimal, etc... Enumerating names would be too long to do here ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 12

i added the Pulse's ones in that they have taken out.... i dont mind custom or default, just as lomg as it isnt metal, rock or rap.

PSN ID
    shellshaka

Both original and custom are fine to me. I use my fav tracks from the older games and love to use some wipeout-inspired electronic tunes or LPs made by amateur music producers like me. I'm always looking for producers willing to share their own tunes so that i can listen to them while playing the game. HD really makes you feel like you're some kind of dj i guess

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by shellshaka View Post
    HD really makes you feel like you're some kind of dj i guess
    One time playing zone syncopia as always, something came to my mind: This game in his zone mode is a f****ng party. It has some visual effects, according to the music you are playing. I love it.

I think electronic music is part of the identity of the saga.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

i use some of Unctuous music

Timezone
    GMT -8

Something fast paced like drum and bass