Thread: Wipeout Lore - The Story of Wipeout!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    wildmorgan

Default Wipeout Lore - The Story of Wipeout!

As this is a fan site, how come there's no section or even a main topic about Wipeout Lore?

I know there's individual sites for most of the games in the series which give you a lot of info on teams and tracks etc. but wouldn't it be cool if it was all almalgamated in one place?

I still don't know the country of origin for Icarus and Mirage (since HD's website isn't all that informative)

What makes WO so special to me is it's Lore/backstories. Just think it would be awesome is all...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Ahem...

There was also a fair bit of material on the main site before it went offline. Some of it was compiled by Damon Fairclough, the writer of the original backstory for the older games. You can download it here

PSN ID
    wildmorgan

Yeah that video is really cool and informative, thanks for that.

Even so, I still think a proper fan website would be awesome, where every bit of information is available, whether it be on tracks, craft, teams, pilots, the whole story and gradual evolution of the AG racing league and featuring both official and fan art.

Don't get me wrong, I think this forum site is brilliant, but it's designed for a different purpose.

I want the story in its entirety, lol!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think it originally had all of that, before the website got attacked anyway. The forum is all they could bring back up, as far as I'm aware.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It had quite a bit as it goes. A lot of fan art as well as a bit of official stuff, league tables for all the old games, fan fic and official backstory... Unfortunately it was significantly damaged during the attack and it would take a lot of work to bring back online

We are working towards releasing an official story to you guys, but look at Hellfire's vids, how the hell are we gonna beat that?
    Seriously *tips cap* some of the best we've ever seen.

PSN ID
    Ninjaxander1 (I despise it.)

I don't know if you even still do YouTube videos anymore, but you should make another lore video on the pilots, some have an interesting backstories like Ariel and her Assassination