View Poll Results: Will you buy the coming DLC?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 76.47%
  • No

8 23.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy the coming DLC?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Default Will you buy the coming DLC?

Hello Wipers,

If we consider the DLC will NOT include a racebox-like feature and we stick to the horrible and crapy online we have at the moment, will you buy the DLC?

I know it's probably not an easy question considering I don't know myself my own answer to this question!
    I know my stupid fanboy attitude will push me to buy it... but I really would like to "punish" SL and/or Sony for not considering us at all...

Poll is simple, yes or no!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Before 2048's release i would have said 100% yes, but know i'll consider the price of the add-on to decide.
    Last edited by leungbok; 23rd April 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

It's true that a 4.99 euros DLC would look interesting, even if not including the racebox... still hard to find an answer then!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Temet, like you said and I do agree with you.

But, without "Racebox", that I will consider thinking about it, because, my problem is, I`m actually addicted to 2048 (hitting 82%) but, I`m just demented with combat!, just a waste of time! .

Actually, I`m on 50/50 atm but no I`m not voting the now unfortunately. I`m working on it.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yes I definitely would. More content would be nice, I don't see the effectiveness in "punishing" Sony Liverpool. Look at the sales stats for Wipeout 2048: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51793/wipeout-2048/ 101k copies, that's weak... That doesn't include digital sales granted of which I would wager are around 20-40k but still... You punishing them just means they won't release anything at all for Wipeout 2048 because it would be a failed commercial game to them. Buy the DLC and complain on their facebook page for "racebox" http://www.facebook.com/WipEout2048

The question in my mind really is:

Do you want more Wipeout?
    Or do you want none at all?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Well, I don't know your wipeout history vdek, but I know mine.
    I've been playing Wipeout since the first episode... and when you ask me "Do you want more wipeout?", I will have a clear answer : if it's like 2048, NO, I don't want anymore.
    As Mad-Ice just wrote in the "racebox and custom controls" topic, there are tournaments organized each year, in real life. I've participated only the past 2 years and I had the opportunity to met great people that I would like to see more often. This year, if a new edition is organized, we will not be able to play 2048 !!!

So no, I don't want anymore Wipeout like this episode, definitely.

Timezone
    GMT -5

That wasn't the choice you were given though. The choice is more wipeout or none at all. If 2048 is a commercial failure that will happen.

I've been playing wipeout since the original. Also i have played starcraft 2 competitively so i know how that goes...

I want racebox as much as anyone else, its all i use in HD, and I've been badgering them since day one on their Facebook for it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think everybody that has 2048 and is reading this thread will most likely get any DLC that is released, even if they say otherwise at the moment.
    Most long term WO players are completists.

Regarding having Racebox reinstated via DLC, well I think the fact that the records are a mess, and have not been updating for HD for ages might have a bearing on if the spine of all wipeout games makes it back.
    SL might argue, well we can't fix the records [or are too busy fixing other problems first], and all Racebox is going to do is create more records, what's the point?
    The records need to be fixed before Racebox makes a return, if they don't get fixed I can't see them bringing it back.

As for weak sales of 2048, well here in OZ I have yet to see a copy available to be bought at a store where VITA's are sold.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Is there word on DLC other than the rest of the cross-play tracks which they are shadily charging non-HD/fury owners? Don't see anything coming up that they expect us (ps3 wipeout owners) to purchase? AR was an intended free update iirc as well.

I'll get additional content if they release it but would be exceptionally let down if they did not implement all the crucial missing features and fixes. Hopefully they won't be as stingy with the pricing as they were (are) with wipeout pulse. That was not great value for money.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

@vdek : I complained about racebox since the beginning also. Not on facebook since I'm a social networks haters, but I did my part

@blackwiggle : you're probably right mate, we will almost all buy the DLC even if it's a big desillusion.

@mangaroo : Pulse DLC were not bad, but expensive regarding the content yeah.

I voted no, they should be taught a lesson. I don't give a crap about new modes, or tracks, whatever. It's useless if you cannot play someone in a race you want. The random stuff is garbage, the voting is also garbage. This would be an ok ADD ON feature that I would never probably play.

I still might get it, if it's tracks, who knows.

I won't buy it. I like the serie but i swear i won't forget how SL considered 2048's fan.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    gmrtom7

I'd absolutely buy it. I feel like perhaps too much blame lies on SL for the issue of online and the lack of racebox. Sure, they are partially at fault for not including features that are, at their core, essential to Wipeout as a series, but there's a lot of evidence that the development was rushed by Sony. Apparently, Sony wanted the game to ship with the Vita, and understandably, some stuff was left behind in the process. I would absolutely love to see the inclusion of this stuff in future updates, but really, I just want more Wipeout. So, yes, I'd be all over new DLC, racebox or not. I'm sure it's coming, we just need to be patient.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I can't even believe they're releasing DLC. Get it working before you add to the mess Jesus Christ o_O

I wonder if it will be like HD all over again.
    > Release some DLC despite the game not working properly in order to appease fans.
    > Feel satisfied that everything is ok due to surge in players (because people buy DLC, they just do).
    > Sit back with a cup of tea
    > Ignore all existing issues and any that may have arisen as a result of DLC addition.

I don't even think it's a case of them ignoring or not considering what people want, they're not thinking full stop.

Racebox definitely isn't on the cards. Sure, new tracks that you can't even choose to race on. GG

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Quote Originally Posted by gmrtom7 View Post
    I'd absolutely buy it. I feel like perhaps too much blame lies on SL for the issue of online and the lack of racebox. Sure, they are partially at fault for not including features that are, at their core, essential to Wipeout as a series, but there's a lot of evidence that the development was rushed by Sony. Apparently, Sony wanted the game to ship with the Vita, and understandably, some stuff was left behind in the process. I would absolutely love to see the inclusion of this stuff in future updates, but really, I just want more Wipeout. So, yes, I'd be all over new DLC, racebox or not. I'm sure it's coming, we just need to be patient.
    To be honest I agree, I really feel that they will deliver with the racebox in time. It would be an astonishing waste and terrible idea not to and I just think the wipeout devs deserve a bit more credit considering the basically make the best game ever.

@yeldar2097 "Racebox definitely isn't on the cards." Why?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I heard that might be the case, I called in to confirm, it's not happening. Why? I don't know. I'm considering driving to SL to ask them that in person.

You should!

It's amazing that they cannot listen to the hoards of wipeout fanatics about this. This is the worst rated wipeout game for me unless they fix it. We should all go on their facebook/ twitter page with racebox requests ( there are already a lot).

How stubborn can one be? Someone should contact the bigwigs at studio Liverpool and direct them to the proper places.

There's no way to explain this besides " stupid"

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    I heard that might be the case, I called in to confirm, it's not happening. Why? I don't know. I'm considering driving to SL to ask them that in person.
    For real? That is insane, wtf SL..

I can only imagine that maybe they thought it would be too hard to find games, but seriously...the drawbacks for the fans of the game are so immense it is basically a slap in the face. Especially considering how adhoc doesn't even have any choices either - the same excuse doesn't fly.

I suggest a bombardment of requests if they release the AR feature before race box.
    Last edited by mangaroo; 25th April 2012 at 03:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

This topic is mainly about the DLC, there is a relevant topic for racebox initiated by Al already

PSN ID
    stin_wz

This is not good, everybody knows, we do need Racebox to keep us going. So, about DLC? we just have to wait and see.

stevie