Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 2048 - General tips and tricks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

The best is the sooner before the small jump at the end of the glass section, nose down before the jump (right side shift can helps to keep a good line) if you don't want to fly too high and respawn !

Thanks! That might be an issue for me as I use 1 airbrake because of the control options. When you side shift with 1 airbrake your ship turns as well. This causes issues with holding lines sometimes ( mainly correcting your line when you are off by a little

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Has anyone tried to beat any A+ challenge by destroying all ships?
    Is it even possible?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Probably, as for the campaign single races, but it would add even more strange times on the leaderboards, so i didn't tried that (also i prefer beating AI with lines and speed ).

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Four challenges remain unbeatable (Altima is among), really don't know how to crack these. )

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    Is it even possible?
    guess I'm not the only one trying that
    but the fighter ships can't keep up with it, quakes are very rare if you go agi and their speed is too low at that level, if you go with speed ships single rocket is just useless and have fun trying to cannon someone at that speed and still keeping a good line, aiming a good plasma can make you hit the walls, just not worth it, you are better absorbing them to do the gazillion barrel rolls on most maps
    altima challenge is just practice, there is a youtube video with some guy doing insane amounts of barrel rolls on that challenge and you can pull some of them with practice and things like pitching your nose up, sideshitfting into the speed pad right at the top before the track goes down and goes around that cruise ship(?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    Is it even possible?

6/7
    6/7
    6/7
    5/7 and yes a combat ship can win an A+ challenge
    6/7
    6/7
    6/7
    6/7
    6/7
    6/7

Last edited by kaori; 3rd February 2013 at 08:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Wow! That's nice! Did you do it after you beat all the A+ challenges or was it your way of beating them?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I did it last Sunday, I won the A+ challenges 11 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    I did it last Sunday, I won the A+ challenges 11 months ago
    mind=blown

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Finished the A+ challenges. They were brutal but after getting used to them, it became a cake walk, sort of. Also, I find getting first place online very easy for some reason.

EDIT: Also, thank GOD that the Beat Zico trophy on 2048 was so much easier than HD.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 27th February 2013 at 12:04 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Ok, I beated A+ on Sol and on Empire Climb. I still lose when it comes to the others? Advice please?

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Try Queen's Mall, it's the next easiest challenge after the ones you've mentioned. The only problem is the last curve there (track is narrowed there, watch out for possible collisions that might slow you down), right before finish, but after some practice it will be easy to nail it.
    The only tip that worked and works for me is just practice.
    Try time trials for the tracks that seem diffucult, try them at A class first, then when you are able to "perfect lap" 5 laps in a row switch to A+ speed and repeat. Then go for challenges.
    Oh, and another advice: try to hit the green pads: turbo and autopilot can be crucial sometimes and really helpful.

PSN ID
    bd1317

Altima and Sol are very easy tracks to succeed in the A+ Challenge. All A+ challenges are easy when you become first place, in all honesty the biggest obstacle is just getting ahead of them because of their tendency to shove you around and launch missiles and such is so distracting. Altima and Sol offer an abundance of barrel roll opportunities to allow you to get ahead of everybody else. I have a few tips to help succeed in these events.

Altima

The first thing you should do before you cross the line is shift over to the far left. This will allow you to handle the corners at the beginning without much airbrake use. Make sure you just miss the far right bend and turn sharply right to enter the first skill cut. Here make sure you keep airbraking to a minimum, hitting the right wall is much better than hitting the left one. Experiment with different ships to see how much airbraking needs to be done to get through cleanly. After the barrel roll you should be in 5-7th place already. When you get to the Altima Drop pull the nose up to lift you onto the second level. reaching this means that you don't need to travel all the way down to the bottom of the chasm and back up again. You'll also have much less airtime which would prevent you from gaining too much air resistance from flying. This should put you in 1st-3rd place.

The final skillcut is much more easy to enter than the one near the start but more difficult to make it through cleanly. Firstly, it's a good idea to turn your craft to the left as you fly into it, just as if you are taking the original corner too late. The instant you enter the tunnel tap the right airbrake to get you through the corner. As soon as you see the light at the end of the tunnel sideshift onto the speedpad to exit.

Sol

Other than "Don't fall off"...
    Take the left route at the tracksplit. Keep to the left and time your pitch downward so you can barrel roll as you hit the end of that part of the track before you fly down to the track again in which case you can barrel roll a second time before reaching it. If you have a turbo after you reach the second skillcut you can ignore it altogether and aim for the other side of this large corner past all the arrow signs, pull the nose up and barrel roll in mid air. You should land perfectly on the other side of the track. Otherwise take the skillcut. (Don't do this if you have pilot assist on, even "Normal" pilot assist, it will try to pull you back onto the track and will slow you down making you fall. Shouldn't really be using it in the first place though). The final skillcut is one of the most risky in the entire game. This is what would make this track ideal for the AG Systems Speed or FEISAR Speed as the airbrakes will try to pull you down so for heavier ships you'll need to be twitchy with them. Light ships however should handle this fairly easily.

I hope at least some of this was beneficial to someone. Took me a long time to put together.

Hi guys,

How do you unlock the Pir-hana speed ship event in the 2050 campaign?

Cheers! =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

2048, pass events 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and the final.
    2049, pass events 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and the final.
    2050, pass events 1, 2, 3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3.

Thanks kaori. =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rau-Lin

Hello Wipeout Fans!

I have come back to play Wipeout 2048 since some months ago, and I'm trying to master the expansions HD & Fury.

But the fact is that I'm unable to understand how the Detonator Mode works in the Fury DLC. The manual doesn't explain so much, and I don't know how to use the EMP, whatever it is.

I have realized that when passing over the pannels you begin to activate this EMP, and after some of them the girl-narrator tells you that this is activated. So then I would like to use it, but I don't know how to do it. I did it once, and at that moment I thought that it could be by pressing the "x", but didn't work again.

If anybody could explain it... I would thank it a lot, because without it I am not so sure about earning the gold medals in those events.

PS. The Fury expansion is beautiful, though I don't like too much those combat events. On the other hand the HD expansion is great by any point of view. I haven't PS3 so I'm so happy to play it in the Ps Vita.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Good on you for not liking Eliminator/Combat. It's terrible, stick to the racing, Zone, and Detonator (see? There's plenty else to do! ;P)

I gave up on 2048 so I haven't played its version of Detonator, but I imagine it would be activated by the right analogue stick, sort of like how you flip your ship around in the aforementioned modes I don't think much of.
    But anyway, Detonator's objective is to chain-destroy the mines. You have a score multiplier that, when you hit mines consecutively, goes up; i.e. the more mines you hit without missing, the higher your score (reloading resets your multiplier). You also get bonus points for destroying the "bomb", a big mine that stands out and of which there is one in a random location in each lap for a total of 14 if you complete the Detonator event (as they end after 14 laps). Of course, the faster you go, the harder it will be to aim and chain together mine disposals, so you'll have to rely on spamming your cannon and the EMP in the later laps. The EMP destroys mines in front of you for a distance dependent on your charge level (which you gain over weapon pads), but those destroyed are not added to your chain-streak.

One last word of advice, though: you will not master HD/Fury on the Vita. Its framerate is terrible compared to the console version, and the controls are much worse than a 6axis or DS3. That said, if you're having fun, knock yourself out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Push right analogue stick up to activate the EMP. The low framerate and controls make the HD Fury expansion to the Vita more difficult than the campaigns on the PS3 version. Elite gold on the Detonator events is a real challenge!