Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 2048 - General tips and tricks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

indeed, it is a very tough challenge. still haven't completed both modesto elite and tech de ra elite. i believe i can get tech de ra, but modesto is a real bitch ,cause the sidewalls are broken. they don't reflect your shots like in the PS3 version of the game, so most of your shots vanishes in the out of bounds segments of the track

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rau-Lin

Thank you very much to all of you! Using the right analog was simply the answer I was looking for! I don't think it would have been so difficult to write it in the manual but...

With that tip I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, at least in the easy categories!

For me the elite events are too tough in the Fury DLC. And well, I just don't care too much about them, as I don't really like so much these kind of events, except of course the races, the lap times and the zone ones ;-).

In the HD DLC, on the other hand, I am trying to earn everything in the elite category, but the last ones are really tough. I am sure that some day, with practice, I will reach that trophies.

Thanks again for all your advises!

Timezone
    GMT -6

For the 2050 final, I used the AG Systems speed. (as usual) And my strategy was to use PURE SPEED (extremely bad joke) meaning I absorbed any offencive weapon I could get my hand on (unless there was someone in front of me) and barrel rolled every chance I got. This strategy made me win by 4 secounds first try.

PSN ID
    scalliano

So I just got off from spending the guts of an hour tearing my hair out trying to beat the Pir-Hana head-to-head, yelling all sorts of profanities at the screen as the AI used every cheap trick in the book to stay ahead. Max speed from launch? Check. Max speed around all corners? Check. Shrugging off missiles? Check. Nothing I tried seemed to be working. Every time I got in front I would immediately take a missile up the jacksie and watch helplessly as he tore past again. Even hanging on to a missile and waiting until the final straight didn't make a difference as it wouldn't slow him down enough, if at all.

However, finally I cracked it. You can't beat him in a fair race, you just can't. The cheating AI on display is just so blatant it isn't even funny. The solution? Hang back and constantly missile his ass. I don't think I've ever been as happy to hear the CONTENDER ELIMINATED as I was about twenty minutes ago

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Has anyone here elite golded Modesto reverse detonator? vita version.

not sure why but i have trouble getting 320k,let alone 250k, if you got it tips please share

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I have elite golded everything except 3 detonator events. One of them is Modesto reverse. It is plain impossible to reach the gold goal in my opinion. Luckily it doesn't effect any trophy. I believe that the main reason for that difficulty spike is that there are no ricochets against the walls like in the PS3 version. That is a BIG difference and makes it extremely difficult to hit mines in or beyond corners.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 11th April 2017 at 07:36 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

okay thanks. i try them after i elite golded rest of them... i think if you do full combo at first 3 levels and reach to like level 13 it may be possible

Is modesto reverse the hardest of all?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Tech de Ra reverse elite gold is the worst one. It was even difficult on the PS3!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

got tech de ra reverse gold 3rd try

at least the bullets can ricochet on tech da ra

EDIT: did another try on modesto reverse and got 310k. i was only 10k away from gold

EDIT2: just got 363450 out of 320k required to gold and reached level 14

tip to get good score is to get good score combos on first 3 levels then manually reload before every turn then reload before a straight road with mines then after level 8-9 start using ur emp just before the mag strip part so u dont get hit so easily after mag strip and its very fast to recharge emp. it really isnt so bad after all... around same difficulty as tech de ra now imo

..gl if you're trying
    Last edited by Racingfan; 16th April 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Damn it. Need to try... Are you playing on Vita or PSTV?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

vita

if sony didnt lock 2048 on pstv i would have recorded the run

and i dont think you can download hd/fury dlcs on henkaku anyway plus i dont have a pstv thats under 3.60

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Henkaku is for 3.60 and 3.60 only. It is super easy to use and the PSTV uses the same memory card and file system as the Vita so the HD Fury DLC works. I'm also playing Pure and Pulse with all DLC and 1/XL/3 with no problems. I played some Detonator but I'm struggling a lot. I managed to get one elite gold though so I guess practise might make it possible.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

wow, i forgot that dlc/patches is stored on memory card, thanks! now i want to order a new pstv thats under 3.60 so i can manually update it to 3.60 and record some

First events of detonator isnt so bad IMO

i only need modesto fwd,talons fwd,corridon 12 and syncopia detonators now

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    ...I'm also playing...1/XL/3 with no problems...
    how on earth? 2097 + 3 aren't available on my psn store, just pure, pulse + 1...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I use Adrenaline v3 for Henkaku. It has PSP and PS1 support. It's exactly like having a PSP with custom firmware.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I did the hd/fury elite gold everything... except 1 speed lap each category because i want omega collection platinum to be a trophy milestone and im very close to the number so i dont want those trophies... yet

anyway off topic... is that emulator 60 fps for ps1 games? would love 2097 60 fps
    Last edited by Racingfan; 20th April 2017 at 08:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Nice going! I didn't even think it was possible. Yes, Adrenaline is 60 fps. But I think PAL is in 50 fps so you should use XL in that case.

Timezone
    GMT + 4
    PSN ID
    Som_Shm

I have a question. If you pick a ship with low speed in Zone mode. Will it make it easier, like your ship wont go too fast and because of that you can handle better and wont crash in walls.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I've been playing 2048 lately (for the first time too), and I've finished the campaign with elite passes. I got the chrome liberies, however, I heard there are still more liveries to be unlocked for all the ships by playing online. Due to console (PSTV) and region problems (dead/nonexistent servers), I cannot access multiplayer. Given that 2048's servers are closing next year, I wanted to ask; are the multiplayer unlocks only really unlockable through multiplayer? Is it possible to share Vita save files with all liveries unlocked like in the old PSP/PS3 days?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

There is one more skin that is exclusive to the online mode. The online skin in 2048 is the second skin in omega collection when playing on a fresh new save. The requirements is to unlock all nodes or pass every single one, im not really sure about the exact requirements though, but its one of those requirements. You can use the node glitch by just spamming the arrows on final result screen to unlock like 5 nodes each game to see if that works.

The issue with the skin is, it's tied to the online campaign file, not your save data. Once you log off & quit the game and restart, the skin is gone from your file, you have to log in and it be available for you again. Once the servers close, your skin is lost forever. It's because the online progress is not tied to your save data.

You can't play online on PSTV anyways, Because when the game asks you to take a picture or not during online, the game crashes. However you can use the skins on PSTV, you just have to do the requirements on a psvita.