View Poll Results: Remove ALL FEISAR Prototype Scores from the Speed Lap Leaderboards?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 87.50%
  • No

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Removal of FEISAR Prototype (Speed Lap) scores

Default Removal of FEISAR Prototype (Speed Lap) scores

Afternoon everyone

I have received multiple messages concerning scores on the Speed Lap Leaderboards from those who have gained top scores using the FEISAR Prototype ship exploit.

Though the guys here at the studio have fixed the exploit itself, many scores remain in the Top 8 for almost every track and speed class. This is something that many people feel to be unfair as they are unable to beat those times and gain a place in the top 8 - a view shared by us all at studio.

Instead of removing the scores, we felt it should be put forward to a poll here and set this post as the first of many possible in the future. Depending on it's outcome all FEISAR Prototype scores would be removed or remain on the boards.

It's a simple yes or no vote but I'd love to get a conversation going and hear why you have chosen to vote in favor or against the removal

- Nak

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Cool to see some concern on this issue from the devs
    I personnaly have some top eight scores on various speed laps or time trials using legitly the feisar prototype but i'm for the removal of all the top eight times with that ship (except maybe if possible, the times on A+ class and for slower classes on empire climb and sol where the exploit is useless ). It's annoying but top pilots should be able to equalise their previous records !
    Last edited by leungbok; 28th June 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Exactly
    Pilots who are good enough to be up there but cannot gain those places (due to unbeatable scores) deserve to be given the opportunity to make it. We didn't want to simply remove all FEISAR Prototype scores from the boards without asking or letting you know, that's why I posted here. It's important to get both sides of the argument before we do anything.
    If this ends in a vote to keep the scores, we'll keep the scores.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Wow I'll lose my time on Metro Park Speed Lap Class B, not sure I will be able to improve it
    All my times are legit, but if we have to choose the same rule for all players, let's go, delete all the record with FEISAR prototype, on all class, in Speed Lap and Time Trial too, on 8 tracks except Sol and Empire Climb of course, because the glitch was useless on this track (with a jump before the finishline, you could't go back).

I wonder how after the removal, you will be able to reject an old glitched time. Will you delete all our Feisar prototypes times on our memory card with a future update ?
    Because if a player have a glitched time he is not able to improve legitimately, can he appear in the leaderboards with a slower time or he must to improve ? It doesn't concern me but I know there are some good players who try the glitch on a few tracks. They shouldn't update their times but you can understand they did it for some reasons.

Lastly, I imagine there will be a few people able to delete the updates, start the game with 1.00 version, do some glitched records, and try to update them later. Have you think about that ?

Whatever happens, thanks for sharing your reflections.
    Last edited by kaori; 28th June 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I'm in, delete them!

A big thank for asking the community about this topic!

Leaderboard records are server based so it'd be a case of taking the servers down for a while to remove the scores and putting them back up minus every FEISAR Prototype Lap Time.
    If you have a glitched time or legitimate FEISAR Prototype score we won't need to delete anything from your card. Saved scores won't be re-uploaded by the game, you will have to create new records

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    I'm in, delete them!

A big thank for asking the community about this topic!
    No worries Temet. May this be the first of many
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 28th June 2012 at 04:21 PM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I`m all for it, just delete them and I will start again.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    hunterx848

I voted for yes cuz its fair. But I had no idea its an exploit... can someone explain please?

btw its awesome to see a dev around here

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Any form of cheating or taking advantage of an exploit to improve one's time should be dealt with. I'm all for this.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I might've misinterpreted the poll question a little but I've learned to trust Leungbok's judgement in these situations and if possible I would suggest removing the times in the speed classes where the exploit makes it impossible to post top 8 record times without it but allowing them to stay where beating them without the exploit is possible... This because I feel that there should be as little changes made to leader boards as possible. since they are after all meant to be a record of the pilots' (a-ha) exploits in the game. So long as actually getting a world record is still in fact possible without "cheating" that is.

Any way that made me vote no as I understood the question to mean removal of ALL records using the feisar prototype thingy.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That is what it means. I see where you're coming from, but the problem for me is where do you draw the line? Initially I was thinking along the lines of removing all FEISAR prototype times down the the first one that isn't a FEISAR prototype. But then what if that one time is followed by another load of exploited times? It's impossible to tell an exploited time from a legit time with this ship and I don't believe exploited times should have any place on the boards, as they take the place of someone who deserves to be there by legitimate means, even if this is outside the top 8. It does unfortunately mean taking off legit times, but at the end of the day they can be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterx848 View Post
    ...But I had no idea its an exploit... can someone explain please?
    As it's been fixed I may as well explain it for those of you who don't know. Before it was fixed, crossing the line for the first time at the start of a SL or TT event did not count as a new lap. Because of this, people were turning round and filling up the speed meter on the FEISAR prototype before starting. As the meter did not reset, they could run the first lap at full speed.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 28th June 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

My feeling too, i own a legit record on metro park time trial A without the glitch, followed by soa booney still legit and several known glitchers, we all used feisar prototype, so my point is rid them all (legit & unlegit), it's more simple.
    Last edited by leungbok; 28th June 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

yeah I by no means assume or think that everyone will share my point of view in fact I'm wavering a bit myself but yeah whatever happens happens. I'm just happy SL are paying attention to the boards, seemingly as much as the players are.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

I'm just happy SL are paying attention to the boards, seemingly as much as the players are.
    Same, I think this is pretty fantastic to communicate here sometimes, welcome!

Also I would agree with removing all of them if they can't be distinguished from legit times. This is unfortunate for the legit players but I think a lot will agree with hellfire, leungbok etc that it will be worth having them cleaned from the boards.* I was put off seeing the ship everywhere and was pretty suspicious but never knew about the exploit. Thanks for the explanation Hellfire clears a lot up!

*it will be fair to the rest you know, gives everyone more of a chance to get decent and legit times. The ship is quite a tough one but hell if you are a fan you can do it again! Might appreciate the bump on all the other times too hah - may be a bit biased as I didn't use the ship very much - and if there was no other "total time" info being sent in those leader board stats it would be impossible to distinguish I think.
    Last edited by mangaroo; 28th June 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    G-Superpilot

it bothers me that all Feisar prototype scores be deleted . I have several legitimate scores with this ship and I spent a lot of time. The only circuit in A + which the Feisar prototype is useful is capital reach, my time is legitimate and that of mad-ice too. So I ask you not to delete Feisar prototype scores in A +. But I find it really unfair that legitimate time is erased because of cheaters. Some people haven't time to remake scores that they already spent a lot of time ...

Moreover, there is a glitch on metro park. In A+ class Airrionsmith did 17.10 while the world record is 33.68 ...

thank you for asking our opinion
    Last edited by HunterGreg8; 28th June 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Cheaters have already destroyed all Feisar Prototype entrys in the record lists because legit times and cheater times can not be told apart. I vote yes to delete all Feisar Prototype entrys in Speedlap and Time Trial and start fresh. Top players can always remake or improve their entrys.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    G-Superpilot

They can do it again, but do they have time for that?
    It's easy to say "they can do it again" but for example I would not have time to redo them. Because of my studies, from September it will be a difficult year for me. All I ask is not to erase the scores Feisar Prototype A +.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Just to see his name on top of the rankings don't justify to keep the leaderboards with glitched times. Everybody knows your skills, but for those that can't make a WR but maybe can reach a top 8 time, it's necessary to rid off the glitchers !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

We can do a data base with our legit times with these ship for our information, but I think it's important for entire community, not only hard fans.

Sorry, voted no, but meant yes, delete them. However, almost every time on A + will be dominated by the ag sys speed, which is the easiest to control ship, but the fastest overall. Even on the easiest course, the fastest rated ship with the hardest to control steeringpiranha speed doesn't stand a chance, even if piloted perfectly.

A couple solutions:

You could always just add a 2% speed boost to all ships on all speeds, and that would take care of the glitches times, old records that were added would still be beaten by the increased speed on the ships, and people wouldn't be able to restart their system to get the faster glitches races for records, then join again with new glitches times. The 2% boost would only be downloadable after logging on, so you would not be able to use the original game without the glitch fix download.

Add a turbo to each lap. This would give the neccessary speed to beat any glitches times, and give some more of the classic play. Also, once the turbo fix is downloaded, there would be no way to use the glitch of the original game