View Poll Results: Remove ALL FEISAR Prototype Scores from the Speed Lap Leaderboards?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 87.50%
  • No

4 12.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Removal of FEISAR Prototype (Speed Lap) scores

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    G-Superpilot

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Just to see his name on top of the rankings don't justify to keep the leaderboards with glitched times. Everybody knows your skills, but for those that can't make a WR but maybe can reach a top 8 time, it's necessary to rid off the glitchers !!
    I'm not saying that to see my name at the top of the rankings. I'm ok to lose wr and good times, because I know the top 8 are glitched (not my scores) . In a + there is only the capital reach's top eight concerned, and I think the top 8 is legit, and yes I have spent time on this score that the top 8 I think is legit, so I 'have the right to request SL to not delete it. I do not penalize anyone saying that because I think the top 8 legit. If someone thinks that a top is legit I'm not going to blame her because he did not want it to be deleted. stop saying that I'm an egoist who wants to see his name at the top of the rankings. I just want the a+ scores will not erased because I think they are legitimate, and I agree to lose my other scores because I know their tops are glitched. I said: "So I ask you not to delete Feisar prototype scores in A +" and not "so i ask you not to delete feisar prototype scores"

What I meant is that I do not agree with the argument "They can do it again" because some scores demanded a lot of time and effort that we don't have necessarily. I took my case as an example, although I'm ok for most of my proto feisar's time be deleted even if I will not have time to redo them.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

While I trust your opinion on the top 8, I can imagine a lot of A+ feisar prototype times that ranked lower that are bug-assisted and many people would appreciate having them removed. If it was possible to remove all the times then manually add the top 8 for capital reach that may be fairer -- but I imagine the line between deleting and saving times like that would seem slightly too arbitrary for SL..? As in, it is easy for a person to trust to you, but more complicated and difficult for a company to, as they will be responsible for everyone's happiness if you know what I mean - especially without a way to verify them themselves.

Not sure I like the turbo idea! Of course I wouldn't mind the 2% boost but I imagine the times will still have to be removed as a lot of people will still not be able to beat the glitched times so it seems less effective this way. And I know it is a different issue about the AG-S but I agree with JABBERJAW on A+... so much faster than pirhana, maybe that is just the way it is though. Still a shame that it has such a huge advantage for people who would prefer to play with their own favourite.

Might be a good idea to link to this on the Facebook page?
    Last edited by mangaroo; 29th June 2012 at 01:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

First of all: I am really happy that SL is concerned about the recordtables being legit. May this be the first of many concerns about the game.

I voted yes. But I can understand Huntergreg aka G-Superpilot about Capital Reach. We have spent so many hours on that track that it will be very hard to come close again. But if all other glitched times will be deleted than I am all for it!

So other glitched times are all prototype Qirex times on event 1 in 2048 event 3 capital Reach with Qirex prototype. Event 2 Queens Mall with Qirex prototype. Event Metro Park top 4 with Qirex prototype glitched. Final of 2048 top 3 glitched, with Feisar speed and yet again with Qirex prototype.

Year 2049: event Rockway Stadium, top 2 glitched with ag-sys and Feisar hunter. Unity Square event hunters, top 1 with ag-sys hunter. Than we have a few pilots WHO are glitchers on a lot of tracks, they are having cheated times: Imperlled_War, catapult10199.

Subway event: top 1 with Qirex prototype. Queens Mall: sprint 1 lap top 1 with Qirex. Metro Park race B class, top 2 glitched. Metro Park trophy high, 2049-2 top 2 glitched. Rockway Stadium B class top 2 glitched. Final 2049 glitched.

Ok no more time right now to do season 2050, but as you can see it is not only Feisar prototype, so please of SL is going to deleted times then do all glitched times.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreg8 View Post
    I just want the a+ scores will not erased because I think they are legitimate, and I agree to lose my other scores because I know their tops are glitched. I said: "So I ask you not to delete Feisar prototype scores in A +" and not "so i ask you not to delete feisar prototype scores"
    I know that deleting all the feisar glitched times isn't the perfect solution, and it's unfair that the legit pilots who spent lot of time to set a record see their times deleted because of glitchers, but the poll is simple, there's only delete ALL feisar prototype times YES or NO ! SL musn't spend too much time on this issue, they have a racebox to build !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    ...Than we have a few pilots WHO are glitchers on a lot of tracks, they are having cheated times: Imperlled_War, catapult10199...
    I wouldn't call catapult10199 a cheater, I think he did these records with Qirex Prototype firstly for fun, after reading the trophy descritpion "kill 7 ships in a race". It's the game that accepted the times he did, just a bug, corrected with updates. But of course all these times "kill 7" with Qirex Prototype should be deleted too, and other glitched times that are so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by mangaroo View Post
    ...If it was possible to remove all the times then manually add the top 8 for capital reach that may be fairer...
    I really think it's possible for speed laps, all the ghosts are on the server, as you can see with the ghost options. If we are able to choose a ghost, we can defy all the doubtful times of FEISAR Prototype. Just do a lap charging your speed bar, then cross the line and you'll instantly see if the ghost uses the exploit or not, regardless of your level.

So it's possible to clean top 50 on most of tracks (once again Sol and Empire Climb are clean), it will take more time, require more means, choosing some "glitch hunters" and trusting them.
    Last edited by kaori; 29th June 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

..............There's a ship exploit? o-o

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Don't try to ask for too much guys.
    I find this is a very nice from SL to concert us!
    Removing all Feisar Proto records, and possibly the ones quoted by Mad-Ice would be nice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I second Temet on this one, it musn't require too much work to fix the issue, i prefer knowing that SL is working on new contents for 2048 (DLC, racebox...) than spending days searching glitched times on every race.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I agree, I just want to tell it could be possible . My first post here is still valid.

I second Temet on this one, it musn't require too much work to fix the issue, i prefer knowing that SL is working on new contents for 2048 (DLC, racebox...) than spending days searching glitched times on every race.
    Yeah it would be an incredibly long and difficult process. There is almost no way of telling a legitimate score from an exploited one at our end and we would prefer it if everyone had a chance to get on the boards. You would be safe in the knowledge that any score posted using a FEISAR Prototype ship would be legit after those boards are cleared. That's something

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

hear hear! and cheers ^_^

Will it be cleared off our systems as well? Mine doesn't matter because i dont use that ship, but will new records be ignored on those who did that. Also, will those old times update back onto the leader boards after they are removed? Also, if someone new buys the hard copy game, and does not go online, or the servers happen to be down, and uses this technique, would it still be uploaded since the date is after the purge?

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

I would think there would have to be a game update to prevent that last issue you thought of. That would resolve the other problems as well.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

The exploit has been fixed by Studio Liverpool (see Ami's first post), so going forward the boards won't be affected.

I was pointing out that there could be workarounds for people, hopefully they covered these possibilities. It would suck if they fixed it, then some people found a way around it. Those were the possibilities I thought of.

There shouldn't be a problem. Old scores recorded using the FEISAR Prototype glitch will not be re-uploaded by your Vita. There shouldn't be a need to update, but of course if this changes we will let you all know

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Yes, do delete the times, because it seems wrong to use a exploit to seem better than all of us. And if their are some non-exploit times, those can be redone.

I did some races in HD once when their was the bug with weapons. I stop doing all the weapons based races and did time-trails, speedlaps, and zones until it was fixed. Then, I redid those races.

(Sorry, I don't own a Vita yet. But, I just wanted to say my opinion.)
    Last edited by AG-SYSTEMS; 2nd July 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Ami, can you please report also to devs those weird times (frequently around 40 secs) on numerous time trials (campaign) ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes Leungbok, good one! In my first post of this thread I mentioned a lot of nodes where there are glitched times. I really want to fly on Capital Reach again to set a new record. But it seems pointless to me, because the times will be erased. The only question is: WHEN?

Ami, can you please report also to devs those weird times (frequently around 40 secs) on numerous time trials (campaign) ?
    Sure can. We need a list of the events which are affected, if we have that then we can look into it further.