Thread: Which ship is best for...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Shadows1Disciple

Default Which ship is best for...

Those most accompanied to / skillful with F9000 (Fusion) physics? I tried testing but it was probably statistically inaccurate; nevertheless the best 3 in my test were Assegai, Icaras, then Goteki 45.

Any second opinions?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Hard to do a comparison really, as all the Fusion craft had various stages of upgrade that changed the feel and performance as you progressed through the game.
    Plus the fact that Fusion is considered the least loved of all the Wipeouts for various reasons, so I doubt there would be that many currently active forum members that would have recent memories of how the Fusion craft handled.
    I remember putting Fusion in the PS2 a few months back, that session didn't last long at all, I lost patience with the long loading times.

I should be trying Fusion again soon
    I bought a new 3D TV and Yamaha surround amp last week, I've yet to try the amp's video upscaling, so seeing what Fusion [also 2097/WO3SE ] will look like from a PS2 with component out, upscaled to 1080p will be interesting.
    If that works out reasonably well then I'll see if the TV's 3D processing can do anything miraculous with the upscaled image in creating a 3D effect from these old games....I not expecting great results TBH, but you never know until you have a go.

The ships just don't slide much in HD, so a comparison is tough. I would say though a fully upgraded piranha would feel most like ag systems. A xios, maybe more like mirage

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Shadows1Disciple

Regardless of upgrade level, though, most Fusion ships had a distinctive feel. XIOS was very precise and quick about handling, while EG-R felt like it sort of "drifted" for example.

Timezone
    GMT -4

in all wipeout games, i love AG-System for nice stability, is easy to drive, i don't know, in all races, i use this, in campagin (all saga), in multiplayer (in hd), etc

Timezone
    GMT + 1

in my opinion, feisar is the best! expecially on phantom class...cause for its extremely high handling!
    follow up there are ag sys, assegai, and harimau

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

Assegai!

Harimau and assegai. I love EGX too.