Thread: Slow

Default Slow

The game is incredibly slow now! I haven't played for a bit, but that brake fix did a serious number on it, the speed needs to be upped for sure, otherwise there will be no more records. I don't even know what to shoot for

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

It seems it's never too slow, you can hardly find phantom rooms !

I had two phantom quits on me 10 seconds in to the race, went back to TT, which is much slower

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

game slow also online.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Mm I noticed most players at phantom are a good 3.5-5 seconds slower per race than they used to be on average. It's less apparent in SL/TT as you can concentrate a bit more on keeping it together but even then I think most people would struggle get get within 1s of a TT PB for example. It's doable but the run will generally have to be 'better' (player requires higher skill level) than the PB before the patch.

There's always times when you think "How the f**k can I beat that ghost?" in WipEout. Now at least we can resign ourselves to the fact that it's impossible

As for targets JABBERJAW, I think once you can consistently get within 0.2s of your best TT laps (if you know them?) or 0.8s of a TT PB you can be fairly certain you're at the same level/better than when you set the PB to begin with. That's actually aiming pretty high I think, it's a bitch to get close on some tracks. They are beatable, but I only play about an hour a fortnight now so I haven't really made much of an effort. Not sure about SL, much more track dependent so it varies a bit more, and the margins a tad smaller.
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 17th June 2012 at 12:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

It's not too slow for me, a person who is still getting used to phantom...
    I don't know why, but I find myself joining games with players as high as rank 24 (I am rank 7) and I go on to totally dominate them. o-0 I played a session this evening and won every race bar two (the second time, my internet glitched). Not sure what the reason for this is o-o is everyone just terrible? Surely not

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Try to aim for Yeldar, he's terribly slow!

Thanks yeldar for doing that. I'm about 2 seconds off on cheng rev, but think 1 is certainly possible, but it requires much more focus. My amphesium time was 1 sec off, I was happier with that one. In multiplayer, I swear it's playing better with less lag, maybe less people online?