Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new dlc

Default The new dlc

Facts:

1) we were told hardcore fans will not be disappointed
    2) WOHD fury is downloadable ( no racebox though for sp)
    3) all campaigns in single player are playable.
    4). All options for multiplayer are available ( I think), but they look a little different
    5) load times fr had on vita are only slightly slower ( this is no problem)
    6) in multi player, the game runs from 20-25 fps, it is hard to play unless you have not played HD on ps3. It is playable though, but the bad framerate makes no sense as 2048s graphics seem better, and larger as well.
    7) 5 months now of asking for racebox/ custom controls/ single player time trials. THESE ARE NOT IN. They have said not one thing regarding them besides " please send suggestions via pm."

8: this is not new content and is extremely disappointing. It's a fine addition, however how much time was wasted on this when these other issues could have been addressed and solved in the last 5 months.

While being upset with this content, SL had do do this per Sony. Hopefully they will optimize 2048 now, and add what the game desperately needs for us to really enjoy it. While it is highly unlikely to be done before the NA tournament, it would be great to play this head to head with 12 wo fanatics in the same room.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 24th June 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Off course there's no racebox on the new dlc wohd/fury !! People would compare and says "WTF, why do that feature isn't available for 2048's part of the game ???"

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Al, you'll remember a few years back when you made an insulting and scathing attack on the game developers over things that didn't meet your expectations with a previous iteration of the game?

Well you have every right to complain, but this time around don't make it personal.

I would also have thought that by this time you'd know that the development team aren't the ones solely responsible for the direction of a title. It's not their game - it' Sony's game.

Now, do you think that Sony are going to fund development cost for a new version of the same game to be released within six months of it coming out when the Vita is starved of new content?

Or do you maybe think they focussed on getting more content onto the platform?

Unless there's some wonderfully contrived deadline for when you have to play a version of WipEout created specifically to meet your needs, I suggest you start looking at the bigger picture.

Was WipEout 2048 a bit of a rush job in order to make a hardware launch?

Most probably it was.

Are the development team entirely at fault over this and are they deliberately attempting to mislead the fan base?

Most definitely not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Rob, the fact that Sony probably put pressure on SL for the release of wipeout is one thing (it was exactly what i said when most people started to yell at SL, months ago). But i don't think they told the studio : "hey, rip off that horrendous racebox feature. Casual gamers, our main target hates that sort of stuff !!"
    There's definitively a very very very veeeeryyyyyyyy bad dev's decision on 2048'S development !!!

Rob, there are many things wrong with the game that don't meet my specifications of a great old school wipeout game. However I have said none of those, I love how the game plays, and where it is in terms of overall gameplay. Whoever is making the decision to not put it in now is at fault, as well as whoever took it out in the first place. Getting led on is not acceptable, maybe there is hope, but there is no answer, 5 months! 5 months Rob of not getting any answer of any sort for the most basic fundemental part of the game. THIS IS NOT JUST ME, not by a long shot. I am not holding ami responsible ( if thats what you think) she is doing her job.

It comes down to, great playing game, cannot play eachother in a reasonable manner, ask for fix to play great playing game for 5 months, no response of any sort, put out rehashed game instead.

Those are the facts of what has happened, it's awful. Would it be better to say one thng then forget about it, then Sony can forget as well

Pointing out that it was a huge mistake, and continues to be, is not an insult, it is actually what is happening.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 20th June 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

A full game (Jeu Complet) without its racebox. (http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/12/06/70/68/dsc_0811.jpg)

PSN ID
    MarcoM1972

damn I thought I was overlooking racebox. But it is just not in. Still I like the fact that I can play it for free on the Vita now.

I hate it when people are overly negative about these things.

But here I go anyway... The framerate is really bad

On the other hand, 16 free courses & it looks very pretty.

Edit: The UI is the worst interface I have ever seen. Once you've got a medal for an event, you can no longer see what type of event it is (and even when you can see what type of event it is, you don't know the course/speed class until you click on it).

Get ready to memorise the location of all your favourite courses' zone and speed lap events... I hate that it sounds like we are all a bunch of whingers, but come on!
    Last edited by Boycey83; 20th June 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by Boycey83 View Post
    I hate it when people are overly negative about these things.

But here I go anyway... The framerate is really bad
    Yeah. I too hate to be overly negative (and I completely agree worth infoxi's comments about the dev's probably being constrained by the budget afforded them by sony etc.) but I must say I'm a bit disappointed with this. It's free, which is fantastic, but we've known that it was gonna be free for a while. Moreover, I frankly don't think anybody would be terribly happy if they paid for it. I've seen it drop frames in speed lap, for god's sake, and the tracks generally look worse than 2048's tracks. I never really minded the cut from 60 to 30 fps for 2048 (I thought it was acceptable for a handheld), and didn't really even mind that much about the occasional choppiness in combat mode. But the HD tracks just push the frame rate compromise too far. I worry that the next "big" console wipeout will be at 30 fps, which would be a HUGE shame.

And yes, the continued absence of racebox is mindboggling. I would've much preferred they address the fundamentals (racebox, custom controls etc) and just gave us four or so new dl tracks, as opposed to this mass of recycled, unoptimised tracks from HD (which were in turn recycled from pure and pulse...)

Oh well. The price is certainly right, at least. Wipeout 2048 is just such a frustrating beast though; it could have be more-or-less as fantastic as previous iterations of wipeout (i.e. the core racing isn't some FUBAR monstrosity like Fusion). But it's so brutally let down by various omissions - and the braindead inclusions of "multiplayer campaign" - that it feels like a missed opportunity at best, and a downright mess at worse. Unfortunately these sub-par HD ports don't do much to remedy my opinion.
    Last edited by trk_rkd; 20th June 2012 at 06:59 PM.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

I'm sorry, but you guys complain too much. Had to say it. Its one thing if you are upset about no racebox. That is highly understandable, but to complain about a free download (if you already purchased the PS3 version) is another thing. Yeah, it has its flaws, but its not THAT bad either. It has a lower framerate, but it doesn't kill the game or make it unplayable or anything. Not to mention there seem to be some new visual affects scattered here and there which ad some grittyness to the HD and Fury's look.

Personally, besides the racebox issue, which I'm highly in agreement on, I am more than ecstatic about the HD/FURY addon! Not only did they come earlier than I expected, but they intergrate very well into 2048. If SL ever ads the racebox then that will make this the definitive Wipeout.

If you are upset about a games design that is one thing, but when you knock it at every turn cause there are things you didn't like, then maybe you should try a different series or something. I have no idea what is up with the lack of racebox updates, or news, but I am a Wipeout fan. Have been since 96' when the original Wipeout came out. We are lucky that Wipeout still exists, as it is a long-running series that has had many opportunities to be discontinued and yet it is still here.

To SL I say honestly, please add the racebox. This is much needed in this game, as I think this is your best work yet. However, I also say JOB WELL DONE keeping Wipeout alive and well. Besides Wipeout Fusion, I'm still proud of the series as my favorite game series of all time, and aside from Sony's hard financial times, and weird dev decisions, I hope you guys keep the Wipeouts coming. I freaking love this game!

I'm not complaining about hd, only that they put a diorite of that over racebox and custom controls, my Only real complaint of the game, though it is significant. The stuff I wrote about hd is just how it plays

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I agree with Boycey83, the fact that you can't see the event type after winning a medal baffled me and is a downright stupid design decision (this would of course not be a problem if there was a *drumroll!* RACEBAWCKS!). I didn't own Wipeout HD at first and played it for the first time on the Vita and I was also really confused what race type all the symbols are supposed to stand for. And guess what, if you click on a event, it doesn't even give you a written name of the race type - so my first few races were like "oh so I accidently started a detonator event, I didn't expect that!".

Another thing that is kind of a letdown are the trophies, you automatically get them by finishing the campaigns. Why didn't they just include the trophies from the PS3 version? Are they too hard because of the 30fps?

About the framerate: Before the DLC came out I thought the framerate issues in crossplay were caused by the online-play, because the online-campaign of 2048 also runs at choppier framerates than singleplayer. The first singleplayer race I played today in HD (speedlap in Vineta K) had the same issues, but now - somewhat magically - the framerate remains at a steady 30fps in all HD/Fury races and on all tracks. It felt like the game had to warmup or something, but it's really playable enough for me now.

Even though it sounds like I am disappointed with this DLC, the fun I am having with it outweighs the negative aspects, so I am pretty happy with it right now. Racebox HAS to come, though, and DLC for the 2048 part of the game, too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker X View Post
    I'm sorry, but you guys complain too much. Had to say it. Its one thing if you are upset about no racebox. That is highly understandable, but to complain about a free download (if you already purchased the PS3 version) is another thing....
    NObody is upset about these free download (or not for players with Blu-Ray or an other PSN account).
    The reason is this buzz since April, "announcements very soon", "a BIG thing at the corner"... We knew that since February 16th, HD and Fury pack for these spring (link). There always has no NEW announcement for 8 weeks.
    It's the reason of the anger. Tell us "announcements very soon" over and just announce a thing we know since February 16th !!!

When they announce a thing, they don't realize it... Spurious times should be deleted since April (link). Loss of online progression were never corrected.
    Last edited by kaori; 21st June 2012 at 01:14 PM.

My frame rate doesn't seem to be warming up at all - definitely well below 30fps and makes the main 2048 look silky smooth by comparison. But also, are my eyes broken (entirely possible) or is this much murkier than the 2048 game? It's like the res has dropped too - look at the edges of the tracks or the countdown board for example. And yet sometimes it seems crisp. It couldn't possibly be dynamically changing the res? That sounds unlikely. But playing some HD and Fury tracks and then going to 2048, well it's like putting on glasses.

Visuals aside (though the frame rate is a pretty big thing to put aside), these are some of the best tracks from Pure and Pulse and it's nice to have them on a handheld. Not a massive HD/Fury fan but it does now make for a fairly impressive package.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Finally got to pick it up. Framerate is playable in time trial/speed lap so far, haven't played many races. Would still like 10-20% more to be comfortable. Searching all over the grids for a decent event is retarded though - causing quite a bit of frustration. Nice to see the tracks available for the Vita though.

Edit: Some of these faster races are not really worth playing with the lag [edit: actually it's not that bad]. The time trials are still really good fun but still needs proper selection and to speed up a little for regular decent standards.

I've been mixing various grids and haven't completed one of the collections yet - do you unlock the speed lap races for easy access like in 2048?
    Last edited by mangaroo; 21st June 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Here was a reply I got to a question on Facebook, this is where the big agitation is coming from

My question on messages:

Is anyone checking this anymore? It seemed good for a while, but it seems no one is checking anything, or posting anything. It's been almost two months since " new content coming soon was said". That isn't soon, we would at least like an update/ explanation like maybe, "hey we added stuff to our update, so it is taking longer". Players are losing interest now, which is bad, especially when it seems like the game is about to get better. On a side note, I hope my last Adhoc suggestion ( simple fix) is implemented. It is 100% unplayable right now, but it could easily be the best addition as it would have no lag compared to online

SundayWipEout 2048

We'd love to give you details for DLC but unfortunately our hands are tied with regard to what we post and when we post details. You will see a post here, PlayStation Blogs and Twitter with an announcement as soon as we can.
    We understand you're feeling frustrated and we are absolutely dying to tell you, but we can't, not yet

We can asssure you, you wont be waiting much longer at all and that it will be worth it.

Cheers Al

SundayAl

Thanks!

" it will be worth it". That was the kicker, they know for sure that most of us were wanting racebox and controls, and hoping it was in, based on other comments, we had a right to hope on this one. It's amazing many people on these threads post this exact stuff, how did they think it would be " worth the wait" for us?

Probably getting told to write that I guess, I'd rather get no reply than getting my hopes up though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

wipeout is all about speed. i think the "core" developers will first try to speedup the framerate. it's like the first ps3>vita portation. it's a learning project which influences many future vita/ps3/4 developments.
    later staff resources will be available for a simple racebox implementation.
    Last edited by daybrain; 21st June 2012 at 12:47 AM.

There's no evidence we are getting it at all. The framerate for the game I bought (204 is fine, optimize after adding necessities. It would be nice if HD ran better, but we already have that on ps3. It's weird that the framerate is low though, and the graphics are juiced up either. Quick port do you think?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Not a quick port, I assume, but certainly no full-blown conversion either.

I'm intrigued, actually, because I have to admit I never fully appreciated 60 fps... until it wasn't 60 fps no more. It's quite interesting to have a direct comparison between two completely different framerates in one game (if you will). I had to make somewhat slight yet significant adjustments to my reaction time and to the kind of inputs I make - it's much more of a "knowing what lies ahead" than "react to what's happening". Anyway, one thing I'm missing is difficulty settings. Am I overlooking something? Right now the campaign is quite honestly a somewhat boring rush through the events.

Also, Racebox and Custom Controls - but I believe everything had been and is being said there as it is.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

For me it's pretty logical that this DLC was released first, not the one with possible racebox. If we get RB as the next expansion, the track selection will contain all the tracks available now (2048+HD+Fury), not only 2048's. How cool is that!?