Thread: First day of Wipeout HD Fury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Default First day of Wipeout HD Fury

Finished the download today and played it for at least a few hours. First impression: this is a sexy game! I love the amount of and attention to detail in it.
    Took me a while but I eventually got the hang of the craft. I found that on V-K forwards I could use a turbo on the final corner and get a retarded amount of air and a roll.
    Twice while I was doing this I crashed into some pillars or something and the craft would bounce into the air, facing directly up. Then it would fall down, hit the track and spring straight up again with the barrel-roll-boost sound. It actually bounced up and down like this for quite a while and I took a picture. Has this ever happened to any of you? o-o
    As I said, it happened twice. Weiiird.
    Picture: http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...520_171713.jpg
    I played one online match and I wasn't sure what to make of it. I was level 1, the other guy level 16, and I completely wiped the floor with him on Venom, Weapons Off. I think he quit at the end, too, so uh. :x
    Anyway, I'm hoping to hone my skills and meet some of you folks online. See you soon.
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 20th May 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Nice you're having fun playing Wipeout. Did you play any other Wipeout games before?
    I for myself have to say I never played any Wipeout before and directly started with HD Fury. It's so much fun and amazing. And until today I couldn't find any similar racing game with such good handling!!

Have fun collecting the throphies
    Oh, and that particular thing never happened to me but sometimes you will experience some fun & strange stuff. I also sometimes saw funny bugs or cool things. Keeps the game alive IMO, haha.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Yeah, I agree
    Apart from five minutes of 64 this is my first time playing a WipEout game. The practising is really fun in this game, which you don't get in many others I find. I love doing the same track over and over until the 99 laps run out. XD
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 20th May 2012 at 01:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

Welcome to the wipeout community.
    From what you're telling it sounds as if you're pretty talented. It took me much more time to figure out this BR on Vineta.
    Have fun with the game and maybe we'll see each other on tracks soon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh, indeed Liod19. When I started playing Wipeout, I barely did barrel rolls since I had to get used to the controls first. But also have to admit that I got the PS3 and Wipeout at the same time so I had to get used to the PS3 in general

So, respect to you dread, to perform barrel rolls on Vineta K already!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Hi and welcome to the zone . I'm one of those who always do funny things although I don't want to. Jumping around like a rabbit, backside grinding or falling of the track where you cant believe it's possible. I rarely win, but I have fun. If you like to race against a stupid behaving pilot, I'll be there . See you on the track.

a few examples:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=348
    Last edited by Rennfisch; 20th May 2012 at 06:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Ahah, I can relate, Renn Looking forward to it.
    Thanks Docfo4r
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 20th May 2012 at 02:31 PM.