Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 2048 - Feature requests (racebox, custom controls, etc)

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Default Wipeout 2048 - Feature requests (racebox, custom controls, etc)

If you wish to put forward a request for a feature in Wipeout 2048 (eg racebox, custom controls, etc), please send a direct message (NOT by posting comments on articles) through the official Wipeout 2048 Facebook page. However, please be specific with your requests, just saying "racebox" and "custom controls" isn't particularly helpful. Go into detail, mention your own control schemes, what it is about the current controls schemes that you don't like, etc... Giving the studio more flexibility to work with will increase the likelihood of these features being included further down the line.

Please be aware that there is no guarantee that the studio will definitely act upon it, but trust me when I say that your messages are in good hands. Ami Nakajima is really fighting our corner on this one. The more specifics and details you guys can give, the better our chances of seeing some positive movement.

Page can be found at http://www.facebook.com/WipEout2048

If you do not use Facebook, please send me a PM and I'll contact Ami on your behalf.

If you wish to discuss feature requests, please use existing threads or create a new one.

Thanks guys

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Incidentally, if any of you guys would like to introduce yourselves to Ami through the page, please feel free. She's the new community representative at Studio Liverpool and is trying to get to know the fanbase a bit better. Hopefully further down the line she'll be able to organise some good stuff, including online events and maybe some meet-ups

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Message send and read, and an introduction a few minutes ago... I have lot of hope, I know some people have good idea to improve everybody's experience.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

I've sent a few messages in and the responses have been positive but the problem is the changes didn't seem like a way to cut corners entirely. See how fast they added a make-shift racebox to the cross play? They collect loads of stats, and unlike with modnation which saw only a small percentage were using online with the portable (the biggest fans) and scrapped it - wipeout wanted to change it up, but still slapped the regulars in favour of new players with the MP. And now the stats are likely going to show online is relatively popular, for a few months anyway - as people find the game new and exciting - they try online and level up faster with the easier "victory" requirements and for the trophies* etc..it is when the few months have passed and they will really be able to see that the changes affect gameplay adversely (once the novelty and desire to level up runs out). As fans, we can see that clearer - they will be hoping it's successful in bringing in new players, and since we are attached we should send in our thoughts on problems to help warn or convince them and speed things up.

My only advice isn't great but it would be to not demand obscure things that you know will not apply to the majority of fans and help to explain it in a way that is understandable to anyone just on principle - I assume they have to filter through a lot of rubbish so they may assume you are a moron as they are reading it to save them from hours of brain hurt/insult. Convince them otherwise but don't drag it out like I've done this post or they may give up reading

*May be further prolonged with the resetting MP statistics
    Last edited by mangaroo; 11th May 2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: clarification

Timezone
    GMT -6

Lightbulb If 2048 is ported to PS3 as a WipEout HD addon, then here are my ideas for more prototypes.

--- IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG THREAD, I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE ---

I am really looking forward to seeing WipEout 2048 get ported to the Playstation 3. I am not sure if it will be, but like I just said I have high hopes.
    I have some new ideas for new prototype ships for the other teams in the event WipEout 2048 one day becomes an expansion for WipEout HD.

Icarus 'They need to catch us first' Prototype:
    Advantage: Instead of barrel rolls consuming energy, they will restore energy on a successful landing.
    Disadvantage: The very device that gives the ship the ability to recharge its shields through barrel rolls required so much space that the loading bays for weaponry had to be removed. Thus, it is unable to pick up weaponry (Turbos and Shields do not count, mines and bombs are debatable).

Goteki 45 "Go get 'em" Prototype:
    Advantage: Shield Energy is restored by dealing damage to other contenders
    Disadvantage: Weapons cannot be absorbed. Use it or lose it.

EG-X Prototype
    Advantage: Using stolen stealth technology, this ship is able to cloak.
    Disadvantage: Weapons cannot be used while cloaked. Cloak consumes shield energy.
    Instuctions: Press L1 to Cloak. Unfortunately, this means that you can't do combat flips in Eliminator.

Harimau Bio-Ship Prototype (still partially inorganic)
    Advantage: Shields regenerate overtime, attributres adjust overtime
    Disadvantage: Cannot absorb weaponry.
    Misc. Information: Rumor has it that the ship's organic components contain trace amounts of tiger DNA left over from one of Harimau's ealier projects. This is yet to be confirmed, but it might explain why the ship has tiger stripes.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 23rd May 2012 at 05:12 AM.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Done. I would really like to know how difficult it is to implement something fundamental like a racebox. Have no idea. But since Bioware ****ed up Mass Effect 3, at least this game has to be saved. *hope*

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

About Harimau, that's Auricom's job.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Really liking the ideas Amaroq. They sound nicely balanced. Although for the Icaras one, maybe take away the autopilot too. And for the Harimau, which attributes are you talking about? Thrust/handling/Speed/shield? Or something else?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Arrow

The 3 movement attributes (Speed, Thrust, and Handling) will adjust themselves to match your play style, but will be programmed to keep the ship from being overpowered or underpowered.

Personally, I think the Thrust and Handling stats should be merged, because the term "Handling" in real-life means more than simply steering a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by OveReAction View Post
    About Harimau, that's Auricom's job.
    Harimau are the ones who are making Bio-Fuels and Cloning Tigers, not Auricom. And like I said, these ideas will only be applicable if WipEout 2048 is remade as a WipEout HD expansion.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 23rd May 2012 at 05:06 AM.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Just to let u know:
    I sent them a quite long text, explained my emotional relationship to the series and asked for implementation of a racebox and stats. I even got a reply one day later: "Thank you for this message Dennis.
    We really appreciate hearing from long term fans who love the game. We've noted your request and there will be announcement shortly"

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Harimau are the ones who are making Bio-Fuels and Cloning Tigers, not Auricom. And like I said, these ideas will only be applicable if WipEout 2048 is remade as a WipEout HD expansion.
    I meant about it's abilities. Auricom Prototype also heals itself and can't absorb weapons. (Well, unable to pick defensive weapons is the exception.)

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Had a bit of a think about the Icaras one (for obvious reasons XD). The trouble with it is, if it can pick turbos and autopilots but nothing else, then likelyhood of getting a turbo jumps from 1/10 to 1/2 and the player racing in it will simply burn around the track collecting turbo after turbo after turbo. That's not very fair to the other players. So they'll have to be some re-thinking done here.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by OveReAction View Post
    I meant about it's abilities. Auricom Prototype also heals itself and can't absorb weapons. (Well, unable to pick defensive weapons is the exception.)
    That isn't what I heard about it. Last time I checked, it was (can't pick up defensive weapons, not slowed down by weapon impacts or ship-to-ship collisions).

@dreadofmondays

That's easy. They can just program it to pick up a shield 3/5 times, and a turbo 2/5 times.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Perhaps let it pick up other weapons but it can't use, only absorb?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hmm... I guess that would work.
    Can only pick up Turbos, Shields, and Mines. All other weapons will be dropped immediately to be picked up by another pilot (it is WAY more risky that way).

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

But that will be super harsh when using in Combat. Completely useless. Nobody wants anything completely useless.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Ahem... I am pretty sure only getting Turbo's and Shields is useless enough in Eliminator. Besides, this ship isn't built for combat.

But I see your point. Absorb it is.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Not a great sign "We never mentioned racebox". Latest from the facebook wall..Would be nice to get some "we're working on it" instead.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Argroh

if there are still people that can work on making a Racebox mode for this game despite SL being gone.

I hope they do make it.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Not gonna happen. As far as Sony are concerned this is the finished article.