Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout championship

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ExaltedR3V3NG3

I will go for 2097, W3SE, Fusion, HD/F and 2048. I need a PSX memory card though, but sure I'll get one in time (or using "unlock everything" cheats lol). Oh, and I want to know if HD/F must be done in PS3 or in Vita... That's just for interest, as I cann plau them perfectly on both consoles.

THIS IS EXACTLY AS THE TITLE SUGGESTS, A WIPEOUT CHAMPIONSHIP CONSISTING OF ALL THE WIPEOUT GAMES

Info will be added as we move closer to the tournament start. This first thread will be updated with rules, tracks, competitors, ect.

.We are at 33! Lets get more.

ALL TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NOV 1st. You can practice any or all tracks until dec 1 st. On DEC 1st you may start getting times for the challenges. ANY time you get for ANY track may be used from this time foward. This is to allow more flexibility to players who may not have the time at certain parts of the tournament. However, it obviously is more important to play the games that are due at the earlier dates. You MUST read the rules for each specific game, like for example, damage simulator must be ON during race modes in wipeout fusion, and some ships may be disabled on some tracks. All the rules for the tracks will be announced when the tracks are announced

Times will be emailed to wipeoutchampionship@hotmail.com which I will create now. They will need a heading of the game you played and the 4 times you got for the tracks & the ship used. These times are due at midnight of YOUR time zone. I will not open ANY results until after my deadline for times. No one is under any obligation to share their times with anyone.

TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE:

Games used:
    1) if you have NTSC, USE THAT VERSION
    2) then use pal if that is all you have
    3). Wipeout 3= use NTSC A if you have it, use regular pal if you have it next. If you only have 3se use that. This is so I don't have to figure out conversions. Please tell me now if that is all you have

December 31 midnight. 2048 times are due
    January 13 midnight. HD times are due
    January 20 midnight. WO2D times are due
    February 3 midnight. WO64 times are due
    February 17 midnight. WO1 times are due
    March 3 midnight. WOPURE times are due
    March 17 midnight. WOXL times are due
    March 31. midnight WOPULSE times are due
    APRIL 14. Midnight. WOFUSION times are due
    APRIL 28. Midnight. WO3 times are due

POINTS SYSTEM:

I want winning a track to really matter, and top 3 to be a goal to shoot for.

29. And so on, depending on the amount of players as you said.

This way, first is a very desired position, and shooting for a top 3 really matters. I also like a good gap between 2-3, slightly more percentage wise than pure scoring

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
    CRUDBALL
    LOCUS2k
    MEDUSA
    COLONEL_GADDAFI
    ASAYYEAH
    KAORI
    STIN
    TURBULENCE
    ORYX CAKE
    MANGAROO
    Q_DMC12
    MAD ICE
    HELLFIRE
    AZUROOTH
    G'KYL
    KEG_11
    LEUNGBOK
    Tp2tged
    Tenlaven
    Touge_ rider
    Zero3growlithe
    Froste
    Agwolf
    Djtechno
    Germanistgeek
    Tomahawk
    Airrider
    Novide
    Mikahail
    Staz-
    Exaltedr3v3ng3
    Jfthebestjan
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 8th September 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    fab0810

i can ride on 2097 and wo3 (ps1), fusion (ps2) and hd-fury (ps3).
    it may be difficult to find the steering on older versions but it's good to get back to basics!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Al, any chance you could put an up to date summary of rules, dates, players etc in your first post? Things have developed quite a bit since you started it, and it takes ages to trawl through the thread and put it all together.

Thanks in advance

Yeah, ill try and do it tonight after work since it will take a bit of time.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Cheers mate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i want to participate too

my games:

wipEout (PSN)
    wip3out (PS)
    wipEout Fusion (PS2)
    wipEout Pure (PSP)
    wipEout Pulse (PS2)
    wipEout HD Fury (PS3)

THIS IS EXACTLY AS THE TITLE SUGGESTS, A WIPEOUT CHAMPIONSHIP CONSISTING OF ALL THE WIPEOUT GAMES

Info will be added as we move closer to the tournament start. This first thread will be updated with rules, tracks, competitors, ect.

SO FAR 38 COMPETITORS.

COMPETITION LEGIT TIMES BEGIN ON DEC 1. !!

People can join at any time, but you need to contact me

ALL TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NOV 1st. You can practice any or all tracks until dec 1 st. On DEC 1st you may start getting times for the challenges. ANY time you get for ANY track may be used from this time foward. This is to allow more flexibility to players who may not have the time at certain parts of the tournament. However, it obviously is more important to play the games that are due at the earlier dates. You MUST read the rules for each specific game, like for example, damage simulator must be ON during race modes in wipeout fusion, and some ships may be disabled on some tracks. All the rules for the tracks will be announced when the tracks are announced

Times will be emailed to wipeoutchampionship@hotmail.com which I will create now. They will need a heading of the game you played and the 4 times you got for the tracks & the ship used. These times are due at midnight of YOUR time zone. I will not open ANY results until after my deadline for times. No one is under any obligation to share their times with anyone.

TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE:

Games used:
    1) if you have NTSC, USE THAT VERSION
    2) then use pal if that is all you have
    3). Wipeout 3= use NTSC A if you have it, use regular pal if you have it next. If you only have 3se use that. This is so I don't have to figure out conversions. Please tell me now if that is all you have

December 31 midnight. 2048 times are due
    January 13 midnight. HD times are due
    January 20 midnight. WO2D times are due
    February 3 midnight. WO64 times are due
    February 17 midnight. WO1 times are due
    March 3 midnight. WOPURE times are due
    March 17 midnight. WOXL times are due
    March 31. midnight WOPULSE times are due
    APRIL 14. Midnight. WOFUSION times are due
    APRIL 28. Midnight. WO3 times are due

POINTS SYSTEM:

I want winning a track to really matter, and top 3 to be a goal to shoot for.

29. And so on, depending on the amount of players as you said.

This way, first is a very desired position, and shooting for a top 3 really matters. I also like a good gap between 2-3, slightly more percentage wise than pure scoring

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
    CRUDBALL
    LOCUS2k
    MEDUSA
    COLONEL_GADDAFI
    ASAYYEAH
    KAORI
    STIN
    TURBULENCE
    ORYX CAKE
    MANGAROO
    Q_DMC12
    MAD ICE
    HELLFIRE
    AZUROOTH
    G'KYL
    KEG_11
    LEUNGBOK
    Tp2tged
    Tenlaven
    Touge_ rider
    Zero3growlithe
    Froste
    Agwolf
    Djtechno
    Germanistgeek
    Tomahawk
    Airrider
    Novide
    Mikahail
    Staz-
    Exaltedr3v3ng3
    Jfthebestjan
    Challenger 001
    Deaf junkie 16
    Duckylat
    Amjw
    Mikahail
    Wiseman
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 22nd November 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I'll compete in the WO3SE division, provided you accept unedited footage other than the addition of music, since my ePSXe ISO of WO3SE won't play CDDA.

Shouldn't we have a constructor's championship? I'll be using FEISAR for the entirety of the Championship.

No emulators are allowed.

Timezone
    GMT -6

That's a stupid rule. I don't have a Wipeout 3 Special Edition Copy that can run on a PS2. I will create my own "open door" championship.

I'm sorry but any rule against emulation is like angering Auricom by ignoring Belmondo's philosophy. Is this a legal concern? Because I don't follow. Again I'm, trying to not end up like Holst McQueen, banned from AG Systems for falling out over the company's projected path. I just want to compete, end of story. I don't have any Wipeout games other than the ISO I got from *deleted*. I used to have Wip3out, but it got damaged over time, it won't play anymore without freezing in mid race, it's trashed.

I owe you guys an apology for this post, I'm trying not to be a disgrace. Right now, this post has made me an "unknown quantity at this point". I don't want to go down in reputation any further. If I must I'll play the game on official hardware, if not without some help from my Breaker Pro Disc. But first I need a legit copy of WO3 SE, any leads or vendors?
    Last edited by FEISAR_ARCH; 23rd March 2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: apology

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

The reason why emulation isn't allowed is because there isn't an online competition option for the older games and so we have to compare times, which doesn't work when emulation runs the games at different speeds than official copies and official machines.

The rule therefore is there to not provide anyone with an unfair advantage, i.e. it's not a stupid rule.

I'm sure you didn't knwo that this was the case so I'm assuming you didn't need to be rude but it really is about making sure everyone gets an equal opportunity to do well.

EDIT - lol we must really have hit enter like a second apart there

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The reason for not allowing ISO files is to standardise the games for everyone. Emulators are capable of running the game at various speeds, and may inadvertantly provide someone with an advantage. There are even time differences between different versions of the game running on an original console. As long as they are running on official hardware it is possible for Al to convert the times from one version to another. This is not possible with an emulator, which is why emulated times are also not allowed on the leaderboards here

EDIT - Damn you Oryx

A used copy of wo3 costs less than 5 bucks, and will run on a ps2. The prices for fusion, 1 and XL are similar

Timezone
    GMT -6

Well, regardless of variation found in emulation, I can control that in my own championship. No times will be posted on the leaderboards, but they will have several guidelines to eliminate such variation:

Must run Windows 7 since there will be a lot more variation of performance on older Windows OS.
    Must use ePSXe 1.7.0
    Must use the OpenGL video plugin.
    Must use the Eternal SPU plugin.
    Must use SCPH1001.BIN for their BIOS.
    Must use Magic Joybox, or whatever will help you play with a Dualshock controller on your PC.
    Must use Fraps.

Of course, that's how I would regulate the WO3SE Emulation Domination Cup. A tournament in which, the only rule you have to follow other than to not use cheats, is maintain a framerate of 25-30 FPS throughout the entire emulation.

It's not about hall of fame records in this tournament, it's about participation for the pheasants. If your game emulates faster than the how I want it to emulate, don't bother to take part. Great, now I sound like a hypocrite. The point is, someone has to host an emulation cup for us pheasants (those without the money nor resource to compete like the rest should). It won't be for hall of fame titles or leaderboard rights, it's just for kicks. I'll be starting a thread about this new emulation league soon, do not be afraid to make suggestions.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Indeed, though rule should be: U must have PC capable of running PSX games on emulator and framerate limit set to 60 fps in emu options and PC must be able to run Fraps and PSX Emu together without FPS drops... it is just impossible to make something fair if there are many possibilities to cheat and u can't check if someone is not cheating imo.

btw. I guess that i can take part in only 3 wipeout championships then (WOHD, Pulse, Pure)
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 2nd October 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Why are you being insulting? Pheasants. I dont think 15$ is too much money for the original trilogy, especially considering that is sounds like you have a nice computer worth 50 - 100 times that. I dont want emulation because the framerate can be set to be MUCH better, BUT the main thing is I cannot test it to see. Its already going to hard enough as it is to get converted times. If you played on the psp, that might be possible AS I could test that, and i do believe that it may run exactly the same.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Fine, I'll just drop it before I cause more drama.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

look Arch it's not a bad thing to offer your ideas, but you must realize you sound antagonistic towards Al when you say you're gonna open a rival competition, the whole idea with this championship is to give us all a chance to test our mettle against each other in everything that is wipeout.
    But for the reasons explained above, it's next to impossible for Al alone to curate and keep an eye on the competition when he has to keep track of the way the game plays on such widely varying platforms.

If we can't maintain control and order the competition element of the competition disappears, don't take it personally mate.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

KiTTun wants some pheasants! Darn, so many tourneys, so little time...