Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout championship

They are not straight ports, I have played them, they are different from the pal and NTSC versions on the playstation 1.I'm almost inclined to think they were ported from the pc version, but I don't have enough experience playing that. We had an issue for a record at one time, and it was deemed wrong for some reason. Anyway, after enough digging, it was the ps3 download version.

You should pick up a wo1 copy and a Negcon, then you will get some rocking times.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am up for this! Just write my name down. Can you already explain something about the point system. Greetz Mad-Ice

Something like this. Everyone who plays, scores points. The higher you place the better. If you get in the top 3, you get significantly higher points than 4 th and below. You really get rewarded for winning a track. So if you are great at a game, and win every track, (Arnaud for XL for example), it will show in your score. So, If 30 people played, it might look something like this

1 st = 100
    2cd=. 60
    3rd = 45
    4th =. 30
    5th =. 28
    6th =. 26
    5th =. 24
    4th =. 23
    And so on down to 1.

13 pilots so far, let's get this really high.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 20th May 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

yippie! I found my old wip3out copy and got to borrow a copy of 2097 (both pal) from a mate I am almost set!, too bad my wo1 pal copy is busted beyond saving

Very nice, hoping to get a ton of people involved

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Any restrictions or regulations on NegCon use? Because we all know that owning a NegCon leads to curb stomping

You MUST use a Negcon. . Any controller is fine

We are at 14 so far, let's get 30!

JABBERJAW
    CRUDBALL
    LOCUS2k
    MEDUSA
    COLONEL_GADDAFI
    ASAYYEAH
    KAORI
    STIN
    TURBULENCE
    ORYX CAKE
    MANGAROO
    Q_DMC12
    MAD ICE
    HELLFIRE

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Few questions:

When in September r u planning to hold the championship?
    & with placings, you just post your results from the games on the forums (truthfully, of course)?
    Would you allow emulators, such as ePSXe?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I think emulated gameplay is not allowed. Of course,I might be wrong as this rule applied to when WOZ still had record tables that did not allow emulated gameplay records.

I think the reason was that emulators are used for tool-assisted speedruns,and people may input times that even the most ace of pilots here cannot achieve through normal gameplay

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by F.E.I.S.A.R View Post
    I think emulated gameplay is not allowed. Of course,I might be wrong as this rule applied to when WOZ still had record tables that did not allow emulated gameplay records.

I think the reason was that emulators are used for tool-assisted speedruns,and people may input times that even the most ace of pilots here cannot achieve through normal gameplay
    I don't even know how to rig it so I get the best times. Also (this maybe because of the emulator) it gets real laggy at times whilst I'm playing 2097.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I can maybe participate, but i only have wipeout 1 on psn and 2097 as an iso on my cf psp.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

yeah ok so it looks like I wont be getting my mitts on an original copy of wo1 to play... I'm not whining or anything I just want to know, but can someone explain the difference between the psn version and the original? (or if there is a thread where it's been explained can someone point me in that direction?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi Al,

About the points: I think the gap between the 1st and 2nd place is too big! Can we stay in classic Wipeout point system; 1st is 8 points and second is 6 points?! So in your system it could be 1st is 80 points and 2nd is 60 points, 3rd is 50 points, 4th is 40 points, 5th is 30 points and depending on the number of players you can come down with 1-5 per player?!! Just a thought.

Also can we let new players choose the tracks per game in the week before we start a new version of Wipeout?

I want winning a track to really matter, and top 3 to be a goal to shoot for. How about

29. And so on, depending on the amount of players as you said.

This way, first is a very desired position, and shooting for a top 3 really matters. I also like a good gap between 2-3, slightly more percentage wise than pure scoring
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 8th June 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ok! That is much better than the first system. The fight for 3rd can be very intense in this set-up I think.

What about my second idea in my previous post?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I like your second idea mad-ice question is what do you mean by new players? I took it to mean something a long the lines of people who are somewhat new to the game in question, question is how we rank that?

(many questions in those two sentences)

@ oryx, if you like specific tracks send me a pm, no promises. The 40 tracks will be set at the very beginning of August. That way 4 tracks from each game will be practiced instead of every track from every game. This will give everyone a chance to be good at them all instead of someone who plays 10 hours a day ( wish I could).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Cool cool i'll give it some thought then

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Count me in!
    However, I'll only be able to do Wipeout 2097 & Wipeout 3 (I have the SE)
    Last edited by keg_11; 17th July 2012 at 10:13 PM.