View Poll Results: Would you consider Piranha as one of the original teams? (see post below)

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

2 18.18%

Thread: Piranha an original team?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Default Piranha an original team?

As Piranha is in Wipeout 2048 (as Pir-Hana), it would make it one of the first teams to be founded in the Wipeout universe. With that said, would you consider Piranha as an original team (with FEISAR, Auricom etc.), despite making their first game appearence in Wipeout 2097?

I'm curious at what everyone would say.
    Last edited by keg_11; 25th April 2012 at 11:55 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm happy to accept that as the company did exist in the original game, despite not entering the F3600.

No because it is pir Hana not piranha in 2097, didn't it take on that name in wo3?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

"Pirhana" was originally a mispell of Piranha. If you have a look at some gameplay footage from 2097 (e.g. Look at Hellfire_WZ's YouTube vid about the teams), Piranha is spelt the correct way.

Isn't that right, Hellfire_WZ?

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Well, from http://wipeout.wikia.com/wiki/Piranha#Gallery

Wipeout 2097:

Wipeout 3:

On the side it says:

"Established 2044-2052 (as Pir-Hana); reorganized 2060 (as Piranha)"

I'm not sure what that was based on but even pure/pulse/hd have it as piranha. Pirhana sounds cooler So it just came about in 2048?

I never played the first title much and don't remember it being mentioned - was it pirhana in f3600?
    Last edited by mangaroo; 27th April 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

It’s definately "Pirhana" in WO3. The image you’re referring to must have been altered. Check the game manual or the game itself

"Pirhana" was not in the F3600 but of course was featured as "Piranha" in WO2097 or "Piranha II" in WO64, but in WO3 according to the game manual the team is called "Pirhana" again and the base is in Brazil.

On the main topic though, I would consider Pirhana as an original team in the sense that they were in a game set with the four other teams before the F3600 or they are the original unlockable team in WO2097/64.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That Wipeout 3 image has been doctored to change the spelling - it was Pirhana in that game

Interesting - they were referred to as Pirhana in the first Wipeout as well. Exerpt from the manual:

Manufacturer - AG Systems International
    Design Model - 3240ii SRX
    Engine Configuration - 2x1200bhp - reheat
    Engine Model - Falcon4 MkII
    Stabilising Surfaces - Pro-Am PB90
    Braking System - Pirhana2 SRBS
    Weapons Control - AG Systems UK

Regardless of spelling though, the colour schemes and craft design are pretty consistent all the way so it's definitely the same team. Only other inconsistency is being located in China during the 2097 era
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 1st May 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    That Wipeout 3 image has been doctored to change the spelling - it was Pirhana in that game
    Oh, I didn't know that. Good to know.

In case anyone's wondering, I posted those pics to the Wipeout wikia. Over the past few months, I had been renovating the site to make it more up to date (yes, I am Gilke001 <-- my uni login). I got the logo images from Wipeout Future

With that said, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to alter the image so it has the correct spelling.