PHYSICS: which of the games physics do you like the best, in order of preference, and WHY you chose the way you did. This is not meant to be an argument thread . Before you list your preference, list your age, and all the versions of wipeout you have played, by title and version

GAMES

Wipeout 1................Pal NTSC,sat,pc
Woxl,2097...............ps1,pc,Mac
Wo64......................pal, NTSC
Wo3..................... ..NTSC, pal, 3se
Fusion.....................pal, NTSC
Pure........................us,euro,Japan,Asia,Kor ean
Pulse.......................us, euro
HD..........................ALL THE SAME
2048.......................all the same

#1....WIPEOUT 2048...I like 2048 the most, because the ship slides a lot. It is hard to keep control, BUT you can keep control. You need to take corners properly using pitch, and turn placement, and it is extremely satisfying to nail it correctly. It requires far more practice than the other three to nail a great lap.

#2.....WIPEOUT PURE... I like the sliding in this as well, and the wall physics slow you down if you want to be a wall rider. I like 2048 more because the pure ships feel a little stiff in comparison when you play them back to back

#3....WIPEOUT HD.......while the physics are dialed in, it doesn't slide enough for my taste, but the wall physics are horrendous as they dont slow you down enough. I remember running straight into the last wall in cheng rev, going backwards for a bit, then still only .5 seconds behind my other laps. Also you can scrape pretty hard and keep up your speed if you turn off the wall quick enough.

# 4...WIPEOUT PULSE.. while the slowdown for wall physics is good, and the pitch control in the air is also good, the game is far too grippy with the steering and turning for my tastes. I still like the game, but just too much control