View Poll Results: Will you buy the coming DLC?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 76.47%
  • No

8 23.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy the coming DLC?

Can't flippin wait!

Such a sweet game. Id like it if the ships didn't have the bottomming-out sound effect (metal *dink* noise) except maybe on very big jumps.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

That is such a minor point but I know exactly what you mean. Sort of like craft is tainted even though you are at 100%.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

It's kinda strange that I didn't see anybody talking about this on this forum : https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bw...TTg/edit?pli=1

Also, FBJ reported this : 16:45 into this podcast http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...on-e3-wrap-up/
    DLC released announce for this week o_O'.
    But that's weird, no news anywhere else ... maybe a mistake?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Oh it's WipEout HD Fury again.
    This has got to be free, at least for PS3 HD Fury owners. How many times are people going to buy the same tracks we've been playing since six years ago?
    It's time for something new.

Also if it does release this week, that's the classic Sony "We love WipEout so much because it's a classic from 1995 but we won't actually advertise it anywhere."

PSN ID
    Amorbis

This Tweet popped up on the 2048 Twitter account thing (I found it on Wip3out.tumblr.com, I don't actually use Twitter): https://twitter.com/wipEout2048/stat...46367660933120

I'm guessing it will be HD add-on for 2048 based on the fact that the trophies have appeared in the trophy list on the Vita. I hope it is free, or at least cheap, I bought WipEout HD on my master account which is different to the one I use on the Vita so I doubt I'll be eligible if it is free for HD owners.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I just thought, from 20th to 26th June, some PSVita games will be sold with reduction on PSStore, maybe it's just a big drop of WipEout 2048 price for this week, then with more players, it will be time to announce the DLC two weeks later.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Guys I'm starting to think (after looking at the trophy information in the update) we are getting ALL of the campaigns from HD and Fury available on the vita. Which I thought was ridiculous but take a look!

That is not 2048 though! That is hd/ fury, which is great if you don't have a ps3, but that is NOT new content for 2048, you are not using 2048 ships on these tracks, it is not part of 2048. I don't understand the excitement of this content when everyone was pissed about this stuff wrecking both games, and had long loading times for a game even when you were hosting with a ps3. I'm guessing there is more than this, just for the vita, and hopefully the things that are required for 2048 to become a game that becomes playable in multiplayer, and more playable in single player

On a side note, it feels like 1.04 has slowed down the loading times again

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

I only loaded up one level but it seemed about the same to me? Gravity Rush might have weighed on my ability to recognise though.

The reason I'm excited is that I just don't play the ps3 version much these days and haven't for a while. Part of why the portable aspect appeals so much....this is like having yet another wipeout in my hands..for free. Well that's the impression I'm under at the moment.
    I see that it's not new content technically...but still, super pleased and excited. Hopefully this will give them a decent boost to get in the extra features if they aren't coming yet (;() either.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'm pretty excited about this. I hope they really are releasing the full HD/Fury content for the Vita, it would breathe a lot of new life into the titles and could be what the last HD/Fury patches were preparing for.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Yeah, of course, a new life... sure that there will be a lot more players on the Vita compared to ALL PS3 owners that have been offered the game last year...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

"Anyone hear that? There is something around that corner. Something BIG..." I just hope it'll not be a BIG disappointment !!

Racebox! Racebox! Racebox! Racebox! Racebox! Racebox! Racebox! Racebox! Racebox!

I'm impressed they are bringing across the entire HD and Fury campaigns. A good excuse to do them again, I just hope the framerate is acceptable.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Quote Originally Posted by Boycey83 View Post
    I'm impressed they are bringing across the entire HD and Fury campaigns.
    I will be too if they bring season 2051, racebox, fix the online (with racebox!) ...

... if not, I will mainly be pissed off!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I don't even need to buy it, because I already bought it in 2008 it seems! This HD/Fury coming to VITA is cool but it doesn't have anything to do with 2048 as being download content!? I am flabbergasted and I really do not understand why they said 2048 is the biggest Wipeout Ever!!! In which way? Only 10 tracks and no Racebox!!!!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

To be honest with yous, l'm extremely dissapointed with so call DLC (yes l'm getting it free) but it's an old game. So to me it is not new.
    Mad lce is right about 2048 with no racebox!

stevie :/

I really hope this is not the " big" content download. I don't think it is, but why would they think everyone asking for racebox is going to be excited about playing HD on a slower vita system. Once again, it's cool, but not even close to being new content

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I'm totally agree with the messages on this page.

It's not BIG, it just the thing they told us February, 16th, on american PS Blog. All the HD/Fury tracks + ships. I must admit that I'm positively surprised by the fact we can play campaigns, in one player mode. Is there a racebox for HD ? I'll see very soon (the true very soon).

But of course I'm really disappointed once again, I wonder what the bug corrections have corrected ? The spurious times are always in the leaderboards, despite their promise to delete them after update 1.02. My online campaign isn't back, despite my platinum trophy, I can't race with the alternative skins.

And I don't understand this buzz, "announcement very soon" for 8 weeks, 8 weeks saying nothing (the false very soon), and the D-Day : DLC will be available today... I find that no-good. They easily could do several announcements for 3 weeks...
    May 29th : DLC is coming, available in 3 weeks
    May 31st : You'll be able to do cross play on 4 tracks more and 8 reverse tracks, it's the WipEout HD DLC.
    June 4th : 9 bronze and 2 silver trophies.
    June 6th : You'll be able to play offline !
    June 8th : Add 4 tracks more and their 4 reverse versions on the second pack, the Fury pack will be available at same time with their 9 bronze and 2 silver trophies !
    June 11th : Have I tell you that each DLC purpose you a campaign with 8 grids ?
    June 13th : All your favorite mode will be back : Race, Tournament, Zone, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Zone Battle, Eliminator and Detonator ! So yes Fury DLC will contain its 4 zone tracks too. (I think that because of the name of the campaign' grids)
    June 15th : The price, 7€99 for each DLC, little price 12€99 for the two DLC
    June 18th : WipEout HD and its add-on WipEout Fury will be at the same price on PS3 : buying them on one console, you'll get them on your two system. Free for previous WipEout HD Fury owners.

It's not my job I am maybe wrong but I think it was smarter to do a thing like that than let the players to hope the racebox and custom controls we need since January, these marketing strategy disappoint more the players.
    Last edited by kaori; 19th June 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Just played it, hd has no single player racebox, but has the rest. Why not just have the entire game download? Baffling to say the least. It seems like they are spending their time with everything BUT wo 2048
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 20th June 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Just played it, hd has no single player racebox, but has the rest. Why not just have the entire game download? Baffling to say the least. It seems like they are spending their time with everything BUT wo 2048
    Thanks for reporting on this. It's exactly what I wanted to know.

How is the online play? Is it littered with combat events? Is it just like PS3?