Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapons Amnesty

PSN ID
    LJtheZombie/RichardDastardIy

Most of the time (Unless I'm feeling villanous) I'll only drop mines and bombs in self-defence - that is, if I'm being shot at. Then I see how much my opponent uses them and follow suit, seems to work out more often than not.

I know that high-thrust ships can be and are used in the way Frailavi describes, but not all of us are like that. I go for the first pad mostly so that it isn't used against me, but of course the early turbo is always welcome!

Having said that, my favourite way to race is still 6-laps/weapons off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Being spiteful and petty is fun, lapped bombs surprising and cannon kills awesome.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

That's what machineguns, rockets, missiles, quakes, shields and sideshifts are for
    But I won't drop bombs or mines if I'm way ahead. I will however drop bombs if I'm in last place and first place is less than 5 secs ahead.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22 / puffy22

lol, nice comments!
    I got bombed and mined a few times today but i kept my cool and bombed them back on the next race lol...
    This was just a thought so i wasnt expecting everyone to follow my lead, i guess i just like to be chased and to win without using bombs.
    I know who i can trust lol, but to those who bomb me beware... i have bombs with your name on

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    I have a "4 second rule" whereby if I have a lead of 4 seconds or more I'll absorb any mines or bombs. Maybe it should be less than 4 seconds but I'm quite panicky when leading against good players and I sometimes tend to leave half of Cambodia behind me.
    Yes. You do.
    I generally have a 5 second rule too, in that I find absorbing bombs and mines much more useful for replenishing lost energy when you're in the lead by some margin.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I'd never stop using weapons so that somebody can catch up... to use weapons on me!
    Of course, I'm more than happy to race weapons off instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGeeza22 View Post
    i guess i just like to be chased and to win without using bombs.
    I hate it. I like a clear track, as it is in TT.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    MyNameIsBom

urgh.. Those bombs and mines, they seem to radiate a magnet effect to my ship, and i seem to always plow into them even though i saw them coming and heard the warning. I dont even use them, its kinda pointless really, like MegaGeeza said, no point of trying to slow down someone when they're already far behind enough.

Well thats my thoughts on it

EDIT: I never seem to get mines or bombs when im ahead, i tend to get quakes, missles or rockets instead. I only get bombs and mines when im at the back, which is when theyre most useless -.-

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

One way to race green is to switch weapons off.
    Weapons are either on or off. If they are on, people will use them. If you want to race cleanly, switch 'em off. Easy! :)
    I generally want to switch weapons off when making races online, as the speed pads and rolls become more important. But I can appreciate the fun in nailing your best friend just before the finish line and winning the race because of it. >:p If weapons are on, I will use them. Edit: Although I find myself absorbing a lot more than I fire lately :p
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 21st June 2012 at 04:13 PM.

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

Quote Originally Posted by LJtheZombie View Post
    Most of the time (Unless I'm feeling villanous) I'll only drop mines and bombs in self-defence - that is, if I'm being shot at. Then I see how much my opponent uses them and follow suit, seems to work out more often than not.

I know that high-thrust ships can be and are used in the way Frailavi describes, but not all of us are like that. I go for the first pad mostly so that it isn't used against me, but of course the early turbo is always welcome!

Having said that, my favourite way to race is still 6-laps/weapons off.
    You so much fun for racing LJ. You make goteki fast!

PSN ID
    IXxNOCTURNALxXI

It depends with me. Most of the time I don't like using bombs/mines because it can be extremely annoying so I try to limit myself however if it is the last lap of a race I go all out with them