Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulse on the Vita

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Pulse on the Vita

I transferred over Wipeout Pulse to my Vita via a friends PS3... All I have to say is

I think the game is running at a nice solid 60fps!

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Nice! Maybe they allowed the emulated PSP CPU to run at 333MHz for all games. How do the graphics look? Damn, that's really tempting me to waste money on a Vita.

I wonder if Asa, Mad-Ice and stin were using their Vitas when the played me at Pure on adhoc Party. If so (and you're right about the framerate), they had a smoother framerate than me, and I can do all the "It's not fair!" stuff from the good old days.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Nice! Maybe they allowed the emulated PSP CPU to run at 333MHz for all games. How do the graphics look? Damn, that's really tempting me to waste money on a Vita.

I wonder if Asa, Mad-Ice and stin were using their Vitas when the played me at Pure on adhoc Party. If so (and you're right about the framerate), they had a smoother framerate than me, and I can do all the "It's not fair!" stuff from the good old days.
    I couldn't get Pure to transfer over, but I'm in the USA... I hear in Europe Pure is available via PSN.

The game looked awesome, like a lofi version of Wipeout HD running at 60fps.

Someone put a video up here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgSl7A8Ji-c , however I don't believe it does justice to the smoothness in person!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes we did use Vitas while playing against you, framerate are friggen amazing even better than PSP CPU to run at 333MHz! but I don`t know about Mad-Ice! So hopefully, he`ll reply to you.

I`ll try my best to video my Vita for yous.

stevie

Can someone put a video of pure in TIME TRIAL mode on the vita? I'm really interested in seeing this, considering setting the psp at 333 would not change the speed at all.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 5th April 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am really looking forward to play Pulse and Pure on the VITA. So last adhoc session I was still playing on my PSP. But I was still having so much fun. After listening to all the positive feedback from other members about those PSP games running on the VITA, I am hyped.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I'd actually consider getting a Vita if Pulse and Pure really play smoother and look better than on PSP. My PSPs both have dodgy analog nubs (dunno why, since I rarely use them unless the game requires it) and twitch to the left every so often, so I could do with something to play those games on properly (unless anybody knows somewhere that sells good quality PSP replacement analog nubs?). How's the dpad on Vita? Would it cause problems for holding Up all the time, like the PSP 1000 does?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

MSSA : 1st and unique time i raced you i used my cfw run at 266 (phat psp). I played vita pure only against stevie atm (adhoc & adhoc party) it was pure bliss.

I also DLed Pulse and got only 3 dl packs (missing mirage one, weird!!), i only raced one track to test , and to tell you i am not that impressed by difference from pulse psp and vita, about pure it's another game for sure in term of brightness (Paris hair near finish line blows my eyes away due to so shiny flash of light!) but you know i just finished dled pulse & packs and haven't spent proper time to race it and see noticeable differences.

to answer your last question : i feel comfortable with dpad vita ( i loved the dpad from phat psp and less the one from my 3000 : i feel the one from vita is in middle of those 2 )

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Can someone put a video of pure in TIME TRIAL mode on the vita? I'm really interested in seeing this, considering setting the psp at 333 would not change the speed at all.
    This occurred if you saved ghosts. If you don't save ghosts, (no ghost running during the time trial), the time trial will run at full 333 speed.

I never run a ghost, it still runs ar the same framerate, on all my modded psps

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    .....I also DLed Pulse and got only 3 dl packs (missing mirage one, weird!!)....
    yes, downloading mirage pack via psvita didn´t work for me too, but downloading via ps3 and transfering to psvita DID work , WEIRD BUT TRUE

So after finding my old account with all my downloads ( other ps3 died), I was able to DL pulse. I also fired up my psp go with ofw and my psp 2000 at 333.

1) the game looks way better on this screen
    2) the game I believe ran faster on vita than 333, wow. I think even in mp, there it was smoother, and it felt like there was less lag
    3) the game even loaded faster than the pspgo when the go was hosting

Mrsmadsmartalex, buy this system!

NOW, will someone put a video of TT pure on YouTube! I really want to see this since sony won't put the US pure up for download

What is needed

TV OUT, this would be incredible, and the only real reason for me to use a psp
    PS3 controller support. Like on the go, this could be sweet

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So here I DLed Pulse on my VITA via PS3. Everything is working and it looks really great. Only one small problem: I copied my savefile from my PSP onto my VITA and it didn't work? The strange thing is: PURE is DLed in PSAVEDATA folder with a randomly named file which includes; all packs plus my old savefile from the PSP and PULSE is DLed in the PGAME folder with a randomly named file which includes: only the game and I can't find the savedata folder which I created by playing the game on the VITA. So I copied my old game savedata from my PSP and put it into the PULSE folder, but when I wanted to copy it back onto the VITA it says: broken data!!?

Who is able to copy his old savefile from the PSP onto the VITA and in which folder should you put it?

Greetz Mad-Ice thanks in advance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Here is how i did it: pulse-profile-savefile from PSPgo to PS3->PS Vita->PC Backup. So on PC its this foldertree:
    Ps Vita/PSAVEDATA/fxxxxxxxx/UCES00465P0000(last one is pulse profile savefolder)
    I hope it helps

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks Danterich, I will try it that way too. Will let you know if it worked for me! Greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Got Pure on the Vita ages ago, played online against Stevie and I think Arnaud, the game is amazing on Vita so very smooth and sharp, feels better Got Pulse on there yesterday gave it a go and it too looks improved but due to my lack of Pulse playtime compared to Pure it might not be so different, I'm pretty sure it is running faster though, my ship feels different more responsive.

So far I have all the Pure DL packs on and working with the Vita including the extra European music pack, my omega pack doesn’t seem to show up though. Haven’t tried moving over my Pulse save data from PC yet or the DLC packs however I did notice when looking through my account history that a pack seems to be missing from the list.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Greetings Rapier Racer! Long time no see can you Please tell me Where can o find the pure packs? Stay cool

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Long time no see indeed As far as I'm aware they aren't officially online anymore, I do think someone on here had them hosted at one point I am not too sure if this is still the case. As you see from above I have them but my Omega pack failed unless I just missed it when combing through the files, they aren't exactly named in plain English lol

Also for the record I have all save data and download packs for Pulse on the Vita and working fine

Timezone
    GMT -5

You can get Pulse on the PS Store through the Vita directly now in the USA

Not pure though?