Thread: Pulse on the Vita

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Pulse on the Vita

I transferred over Wipeout Pulse to my Vita via a friends PS3... All I have to say is

I think the game is running at a nice solid 60fps!

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Nice! Maybe they allowed the emulated PSP CPU to run at 333MHz for all games. How do the graphics look? Damn, that's really tempting me to waste money on a Vita.

I wonder if Asa, Mad-Ice and stin were using their Vitas when the played me at Pure on adhoc Party. If so (and you're right about the framerate), they had a smoother framerate than me, and I can do all the "It's not fair!" stuff from the good old days.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Nice! Maybe they allowed the emulated PSP CPU to run at 333MHz for all games. How do the graphics look? Damn, that's really tempting me to waste money on a Vita.

I wonder if Asa, Mad-Ice and stin were using their Vitas when the played me at Pure on adhoc Party. If so (and you're right about the framerate), they had a smoother framerate than me, and I can do all the "It's not fair!" stuff from the good old days.
    I couldn't get Pure to transfer over, but I'm in the USA... I hear in Europe Pure is available via PSN.

The game looked awesome, like a lofi version of Wipeout HD running at 60fps.

Someone put a video up here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgSl7A8Ji-c , however I don't believe it does justice to the smoothness in person!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes we did use Vitas while playing against you, framerate are friggen amazing even better than PSP CPU to run at 333MHz! but I don`t know about Mad-Ice! So hopefully, he`ll reply to you.

I`ll try my best to video my Vita for yous.

stevie

Can someone put a video of pure in TIME TRIAL mode on the vita? I'm really interested in seeing this, considering setting the psp at 333 would not change the speed at all.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 5th April 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am really looking forward to play Pulse and Pure on the VITA. So last adhoc session I was still playing on my PSP. But I was still having so much fun. After listening to all the positive feedback from other members about those PSP games running on the VITA, I am hyped.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

I'd actually consider getting a Vita if Pulse and Pure really play smoother and look better than on PSP. My PSPs both have dodgy analog nubs (dunno why, since I rarely use them unless the game requires it) and twitch to the left every so often, so I could do with something to play those games on properly (unless anybody knows somewhere that sells good quality PSP replacement analog nubs?). How's the dpad on Vita? Would it cause problems for holding Up all the time, like the PSP 1000 does?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Can someone put a video of pure in TIME TRIAL mode on the vita? I'm really interested in seeing this, considering setting the psp at 333 would not change the speed at all.
    This occurred if you saved ghosts. If you don't save ghosts, (no ghost running during the time trial), the time trial will run at full 333 speed.

I never run a ghost, it still runs ar the same framerate, on all my modded psps