Thread: how to get used to physics.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Default how to get used to physics.

Man... i was playing Pure for the longest time (i found it yesterday ). And today when I go to race Kpop (Miles)... I failed.

In Pure, the physics are not grippy. You power-slide through all the corners. But HD has car-like physics.

What happened? Well im going to make a turn... and I'm like "turn now!" about .5 seconds infront of the apex. I see me drifting around a corner but... in real life I plough-ed into the apex.

Next race I used my move, ag-drift (ex. right turn -> pull hard, tap right air brake -> ss left -> tap left air brake = drift through corner) and it failed miserably because pure ss is weaker and I ploughed into the outside wall.

Now my question is... how do you get used to the physics?

PSN ID
    karl53

yeah I had the same problem after playing Wipeout 1 from the PS store, I guess you just have to practice

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Spend time adjusting to it? It's actually pretty easy to get the hang of things quickly; mastering however is a different story. (no, beating Zico is not even close to mastering).

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Then how you master?

I can't practise this week because I'm at my cuz, and I only have Pure, so I'm gonna be dirt on HD

Timezone
    GMT -5

It's not just the physics -- the camera is very different too. If you compare it to previous games, you'll notice that the Wipeout HD camera is almost fixed to the center of the track, so the craft just slides around, or so it seems. In earlier Wipeouts, the camera was more tightly fixed to the craft, so that even tho the craft slid around the track, it didn't slide around the screen, at least not as much.