Thread: Ripping the music off of Wipeout 2048

Default Ripping the music off of Wipeout 2048

Has someone tried it yet? I know I could listen to the original versions of them but I would like to get them to add to my Wipeout soundtrack collection. This and Wipeout The Music is all I needed. If someone is trying I found out that you can turn the sound effect volume off and the music all the way up the get a clear listen

PSN ID
    Amorbis

All the music in the game is licensed so you should be able to find it to download on iTunes, Amazon etc.

Anile - Change of Direction
    Camo & Krooked - Breezeblock
    deadmau5 - Some Chords

And so on. You can listen to them on YouTube as well if the artists have channels on there. As for the WipEout mix versions, I don't know if you can get them as easily. They'll be shortened versions of the original songs so you could try and cut them yourself. If only you could insert the 2048 cartridge into a CD player and rip them...

I try to record cheap by recording it through the headphone input, didn't turn out well

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Why not? You just need this and this.

Well I did with the exact same cords on a old Adobe Audition and after I recorded it there was barley and sound of it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound\Recording (Windows Vista/7)

Adjust the volume of your Line-In there and try again. If it's maxed there it might be a setting in your program (In which case I recommend using Audacity for the reason that is uses the system settings.)
    Also max the volume of the Vita.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 6th March 2012 at 01:27 AM.

Yeah I mess around with that and it was the microphone output that needed editing so first try with the Vita way up was too much so I turned in down on my 2nd attempt and got it!

Well I got most of the songs off the game but the only song that's not on the game but claims to be according to the official soundtrack release list is Orbital - Beelzedub. Now this song is on his latest album that doesn't come out till April 2012 and I have no idea what the Wipeout edit version sounds like unless it's on a international version of the game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

It comes with the first DLC.

Doesn't it play during the multiplayer menu or something?

Another thing, whats the rules about download content on this forum? I was planning to share once I get the last song

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

IANAL but I would say it is okay to rip it for personal use. File sharing is not.

However Sony has been very lenient on Youtube and other streaming sites about using the music licensed for WipEout in various forms. I think the only issue comes up with Xpander by Sasha (Wip3out.)
    But this is not Youtube, and in general the admins do not allow this here.

With this information you can work with/around however you want.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Big no-no. The music is licensed and is not to be shared here.

Alright I'll just put it up on a file sharing website only for people to find it

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't think you took the point blank and no frills hint that file sharing is not condoned at all. I also think other people would have common sense and just legally or illegally obtain the music from more convenient sources than some random "file sharing website" they're magically supposed to stumble across, so don't bother putting yourself at some kind of legal risk when there's nothing to gain.