Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

PSN ID
    Ziz528

TVR Cerbera Speed 12
    Oh. My. God.

1000+BHP in a nearly sub 1-tonne road car? Yes please.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

I can only wish PD would announce another Car Packs content for GT5... I can't wait.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Hope they include a proper drag strip with their next pack too... Not that I'll ever get any DLC though.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

A drag strip would be good but we need more rally tracks too.

http://youtu.be/LTgWYFU0cWw
    http://youtu.be/QMTRH5ccmfE

Dave.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

I finally decided to take the only race left for me in GT5... 24h Nurburgring. Here's a 2 lap video after 6h of racing. I'm using my Thrustmaster T500 RS and my Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride -- Judd Race car '05. As you can "see" in the video, its raining (100% wet track) and the visibility is AWESOME (NOT!!!) xD
    I tried to run as safe as I could. Really gentle on the gas, brake and steering. No driving aids, expect ABS lv1
    Hope you guys enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9HSAAjx0w

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

Excellent driving my friend, although I didn't expect anything less from you!
    That's the only race I haven't finished too...
    The race cars slide SO much during rain that it's like driving on ice! lol
    Kudos for your patience on the right pedal.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Nice driving xtriko...
    The endurance ones are hard to do for me, since I don't have that much time, but they'll get done eventually...

I've started a tuning garage on gtplanet.com for those interested, it's still in early stages but there's some progress
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=250939

PSN ID
    apemax18

Very nice driving xtriko. The 24h Nurburgring endurance race is that last endurance race for me to do. I'm currently preparing to do the 24h Nurburgring endurance race. Since they made it so you can save in the middle of endurance races i've been able to do the longer ones. I'm going to check out your tuning thread trackripper as it looks interesting.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Good stuff xtriko - very precise driving considering the dark conditions.

I'd love to be able to do some of the Endurance races - or even the ones that just take a couple of hours, but I rarely get the time to set up my wheel these days.

One day...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It's one thing I've always wanted to try, GT with a wheel. I get nervous as hell behind a real wheel so I once thought it'd help give me a feel of some of the controls of a real car before jumping into a real one. Alas I have no wheels, pedals or gearshift. And they aren't cheap.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

No, they're not cheap, but with Gran Turismo a wheel pulls away the bland exterior and reveals a sublime handling model that the Dual Shock could never exploit to its full potential.

It really is a different game - I don't even play it now if I can't use my wheel, because it's just nowhere near as rewarding.

If you ever get the chance to pick an old Driving Force Pro up (the one I have - eight years old and still going strong!) then I recommend it.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

i need to get hold of a wheel but i cant afford one of the top ones thats a bit to much for my liking

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    It's one thing I've always wanted to try, GT with a wheel. I get nervous as hell behind a real wheel so I once thought it'd help give me a feel of some of the controls of a real car before jumping into a real one. Alas I have no wheels, pedals or gearshift. And they aren't cheap.
    And you can (in a way) help your real driving by putting in the hours on the GT wheel.

e.g. The Logitech G27: If you're using the stick shift, make sure you 'guide' the shifter into the gear, don't force it. It's the same concept with any manual.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Thank you for your kind words guys you almost made me blush ;P about wheels... I have 5 wheels at home. 1 for sega saturn lol, 1 for the psx and the other 3 are:
    1 driving force pro
    1 g27
    1 thrustmaster t500 rs

If you don't have a great amount of money and want to go wild on gt5, driving force pro is still an Excellent and precise wheel. It may have some issues with the pedals, but there are ways to counter it.

If you have a Good amount of money to spend, go to g27. Nice pedals, nice feeling and plus! Nice gear box! You can pull off really Nice heel and toe techniques like in inicial d series ehehehe

But... If you don't have money issues... Go to the thrustmaster t500 Rs. Unfortanly i didnt have the oportunity to buy the gear box, but even so... I wont choose g27 instead of this awesome toy

Once again, thank you guys for your kind words and for watching my video

Does anyone want to arrange a gt5 online session one of these days?

We could do several classes like, 400pp, 500pp, 600pp, 700pp and +700pp

Anyone?

Cheers!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Gran Turismo a wheel pulls away the bland exterior and reveals a sublime handling model that the Dual Shock could never exploit to its full potential.
    It really is a different game - I don't even play it now if I can't use my wheel, because it's just nowhere near as rewarding.
    o_O. I haven't played with a wheel since GT...3? A long time ago at any rate. So I should have bought a wheel for GT5 by now I'm guessing? I already adore the game on a DS3....seems I'm missing out.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Hey yeldar long time no see! About your question, yes, you Should buy a wheel without any doubt. The cool Thing is that you have to re-learn how to play the game really cool process ehehehe

PSN ID
    apemax18

@xtriko: I'm always up for a race on GT5.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

apemax mate, feel free to add me so we can hit the tracks once in a while

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

ive ordered the G27 now for some where to mount it any of you guys that have wheels what do you suggest to mount them on.
    Last edited by slimjim; 1st May 2012 at 12:39 AM.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Hey slimjim here's What i use.

http://wheelstandpro.com/

Compatible with my driving force pro, g27 and the thrustmaster t500 rs.
    It works for me i would take a picture but... My bedroom right now is a mess lololol

Hope that also helps you mate