Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 2048 Offical Team Background Stories

Default Wipeout 2048 Offical Team Background Stories

auricom2048logo.png
    Auricom:
    Emerging from the ashes of the 2025 fallout at AG-Systems, this US-based team led by Delia Flaubert has three aces up its sleeves, japanese pilot, Arial Tetsuo, a fearsome force in the cockpit of it's ships, Anastasia Cherovoski, and BJ, a former air force pilot turned Anti-Grav racer.

With the principles of sporting excellence enshrined in its mission statement, Auricom Research's chief rivals in the tracks of this, the maiden year of Anti-Gravity Racing, are Qirex Industries, emerging under the leadership of former colleague, Holst McQueen. Do the math and get behind Auricom Research.

agsys2048logo.png
    AG-Systems:
    Originally the commercial arm of the Foundation For European Anti-Gravity Research, AG-Systems operates predominantly out of Japan, employing a largely japanese engineering and research team, despite it's European heritage.

Managed by anti-gravity pioneer, Pierre Belmondo, AG-Systems' pilots behind the racing machines include John Dekka, Daniel Chang, and Nana San. Operating under the mantra, "Make Friends In Higher Places." AG-Systems has its finger firmly place on the pulse of Anti-Gravity Racing, posing a formidable challenge on the tracks of Nova State City with its stellar craft and technology.

feisar2048logo2.png
    FEISAR:
    Established under the control of the Foundation For European Anti-Gravity Research after the Japanese acquisition of AG-Systems, Feisar is managed by a conglomerate of European nations, with multiple operational bases located in twelve different territories.

Consistently on the move, Feisar spends up to three weeks in each locale with its ream of racers including Englishman, Paul Jackson, French national Sophia de la Rent and Ami Nakajima. Despite its inability to lure Pierre Belmondo away from his commitments at AG-Systems, Feisar still has a number of excellent technicians cribbed from the aforementioned company behind its technology on the track.

pha2048logo.png
    Pir-hana:
    Arguably one of the most talked about companies in these tournament, Pir-hana's roots are somewhat a tougher to track than the rest of the teams competing in the A.G.R.C. While many have questioned its true motives - there are whispers of links to both the military and potential rival sports - it's not to fault the team's contribution to the team's contribution to the manifestation of Anti-Gravity Racing.

Pir-hana not only founded the Anti-Gravity Federation (A.G.F.), and conjured up the idea of the Anti-Gravity Racing Championship (A.G.R.C.) 2048, but also provided the airbrakes that you see before you on the tracks of Nova State City, hence the teams slogan, "The Only Way To Stop."

qirex2048logo.png
    Qirex:
    Qirex have been operating in its Russian homeland since the early twenty first century prior to its involvement in Anti-Gravity Racing, where it was approached by former AG-Systems man, Hoist McQueen.

McQueen, now Managing Director, has been labelled an opportunist by his former cohorts and seized the chance to form the team immediately upon discovering his chief rival, Delia Flaubert, had created Auricom Research. Its racing team is led by Arian Retsuo, the twin sister of AG-Systems Arial Tetsuo, the ferociously talented Kel Solaar and the former Russian street racer turned legitimate Anti-Gravity pilot, Kurlov.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Clair_Lane-003; 28th February 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    A-Tomic_power

Are these from the manual?

Yes they are
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 26th February 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Yes, there is a little mistake at the end with Arian/Arial

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Good to see them try and keep the story true to the original game, especially with the mention of Pir-hana's airbrake expertise

Thanks for pointing out. Fixed

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Where are these from?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tomic_Power View Post
    Are these from the manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clair_Lane-003 View Post
    Yes they are

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

... from a 6 post thread

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Haha, must have missed that. Sorry.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Still no where close to keeping this thing original from the first Wipeout

I liked them! Thanks for posting - I hadn't checked the manual...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Next time you're sitting at the line on Altima in the 2050 season, look at the news tickers along the trackside:

"Mag-Strip failure safety concerns"
    "Will Pir-Hana quit the sport?"

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Well I suppose that makes sense, does seem a bit like Paranormal Activity 2 though

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

There's actually quite a few! Karl told me there were more dotted around and I've tried to pick up the ones that were backstory-relevant:

Unity Square
    "Belmondo calls for standardisation"

Queens Mall
    "Debate - Barrel rolls in AG racing - Y or N?"

Subway
    "Belmondo - City racing too dangerous"
    "Fans ask - What is Project Altima?"
    "Mag-strip tech not safe, say officials"

Altima
    "Mag-strip failure safety concerns"
    "Will Pir-Hana quit the sport?"

Haha, that's amazing, great attention to detail. Nicely spotted too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    gmrtom7

Wow, that actually made me appreciate the game a lot more. It feels nice to know that SL still has that lovely attention to detail with the canon, even if it is in sneaky little ways like these.

Nice!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

They still haven't explained the hyphen in Pir-hana's name though, unless I missed it. I assumed it might be to differentiate it from the team from the 'later' games, or referring to the incorrect spelling of Piranha in Wip3out. I'm not really that bothered though, I'd rather have Piranha in 2048 than not!

Altima also has some Space Walk billboards like in WipEout 1, which I though was fun.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They're the same team. The hyphen refers to the fact they're an amalgamation of two smaller teams - Pir and Hana. Plus it's as you say, a reference to the incorrect spelling in 3