Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hmm I checked it by myself... Working fine with me. Leaderboards are accurate and are updating in seconds. The only thing I noticed [already months ago] is that there are still these fake record corpses, showing a race time of 0.00 and blocking pos1 forever.

That "fully functionating" was also meant to be for ZB to finally work correct aswell

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by Ami Nakajima View Post
    Excellent news
    All HD ranks should now be restored following yesterday's server down-time. If anyone is still experiencing problems with their rank, feel free to get in touch with me.
    Glad to see someone from SL posting on here.

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

Mine seems to be partially updated- when I go to online/badges my rank shows as 51, up from the 46 I reached before the reset. However if I check records/global it still shows as 35, which is what it was when the boards originally stopped updating..

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

That's weird. You should reach out to Ami Nakajima at SL on here or post that in the WOHD bug thread.

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

Will do! I'm gonna do a few races etc online first, to see if posting a few times kicks it into updating- if that doesn't work I will let her know!

(edit) did a couple of online races and this has sorted it- now showing as rank 51, 350th worldwide! I doubt that will last though...
    Last edited by goddessloviatar; 24th July 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Problem solved

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

It's great being back online. Ranking's back to normal,too,and all looks good - as far as I can tell.

Just one thing with the ranking leaderboard: I'm sure that place 1 to 6 (or 7) is not valid. During the months with ranking outage I did notice some strange players hitting the top 10 out of thin air while no progress happened to the rest of us. I did not write those names down. Just check the current top 10. The only one I know is function13 from Japan. And as far as I can tell he was not even close to 101.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Great matches earlier, good to see familiar faces returning to the game. The few races I had earlier inlcuding BlackReign, JF, MSX, Bart_Mdma were hysterical haha.

This didn't affect the races, but while I was hosting at one point I kept getting the "choosing this track will kick out 1 player(s)....." message every time I was changing the track, starting on Vineta K (R). The message always popped up when changing to any track from that point, yet no one was actually kicked out and I had to wait for the message to dissapear (I couldn't press X to confirm, but the message only stays for 2 seconds). I'm pretty sure there were no Vita players in the lobby either, but they can race on those tracks anyway right?. First time I'd seen that happen.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Hysterical indeed man. lol I remember getting smacked by your bomb and then your mines right after that. lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

My ranking was restored too, so I'm happy. I've also discovered the goodness that is EG-X. So long, AG Systems! Now all Studio Liverpool needs to do is fix the online rankings/records and I'll be a happy panda.

By the way, I don't know if this is a glitch issue or if the game just isn't that popular anymore, but whenever I look for an online race, it seems there are only at most two or three rooms open at any given time, and they are almost always hosted by people in the US. Aren't there any Japanese or Europeans who still play this game, or is my game glitching in a way that it doesn't show all the available rooms going on at any given time?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Timezones and the time of day your playing make a difference regarding who's online. I played earlier today in the mid-afternoon and was pretty much the only American in my lobby which was mostly full.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, time of day makes a lot of difference.
    Also if it's a weekend or school holidays in any particular place at the time.

Just a bit of a heads up regarding not being able to connect to the servers, or reporting game/patch glitchs for being unable to connect.
    I was talking to a former moderator at the official Sony Playstation forums, they said that as more and more games get added to the PSN, there is a factor of inevitability of more frequent outages, generally known as PSN maintenance, but it doesn't always come up as that error message wise, depending on where you are situated.
    The AUS/NZ Playstation forum has become really good at giving gamers fair warning before any planned outages in our neck of the woods [only after years of gamers complaining about no warning]
    What the situation is for the UK and USA Playstation forums I don't know, but if ever you can't connect to HD online, I'd check you local Playstation forum first to see if it wasn't a planned outage before blaming SL for a glitch or server problem with the game, which is something that I have seen happen here on more than one occasion.
    [AUS/NZ forum puts these alerts under announcements and community events, but there is no uniform layout as such for the Sony forums worldwide, so it could well be posted under something else in your locale]

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

I wish they would fix the order of the leaderboard now

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Deleted my game data after attempting to install patch 2.51 repeatedly crashed my console. Downloaded the HD demo, Fury add-on, and unlock, ignoring the Wipeout 2048 cross-play packs. Installed patch 2.51. Raced Metropia Forward, Rapier, Weapons On; frame rate slowed twice upon hitting mines, slowed once while passing the checkpoint with no weapons being fired and only one ship on the screen ahead of me. Improved a previous Speed Lap record and established an absent Speed Lap record. Checked global rankings. Record holder displayed as "PLAYER;" previous record still shown, labeled "Archon473." Saved game. Opened Leaderboards; records set before path 2.50 not uploaded. Cycled to Time Trials, Rapier... console froze.

*sigh* Not yet.
    Last edited by Archon; 6th August 2012 at 12:14 AM.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Played some HD Fury for the first time in ages last night. Had a few fun races with INFAXSU, and then one of those XXXX-333 players (the number 3 one) joined my game. The first race was okay (though I was surprised that he didn't even beat me, after all the fuss about these players ), but then his similarly named friends joined and the game seemed to just turn to . I was clearly leading on lap 1 and was suddenly hit by 2 bombs in quick succession! So yeah, that ridiculous random weapons crap still hasn't been fixed. How can people still stand to play this game?

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

haha. nice. Those guys are ridiculous. They don't/can't even race on Phantom. I beat them several times a few days ago on rapier. When they lost they would reply the same track. lol

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Thank you BlackReign. You have cool name. My country we have fast horse name like this. I like it. Remind me for Arabi horses. The best horses

this what happen the races. my girlfriend invite me the race. she tell me MSN to come - hard player online. So I come. I see the xX333-1Xx + xX333-3Xx in the room my girlfriend host. I get angry for xX play like this with my girlfriend. I waiting for race for finish. My friend Vlhad message me and say "you are xX?" I say no. I promise this my account 1 account. I make new account when the old account no work for one day when PSN make fix the game. I never use it. it is TERRAWRISTS no - in middle. So I tell Vlhad this and say to him I will record.

So my video dedicate (?? right word? - I use the translate) to my good fast friend Vlhad. And to my lovely girlfriend.

I like phantom I like rapier I like flash I like venom all speed something different. All speed new skill. Different BR place for make the air in slow speed - make more skill for BR.

Fast speed easy for BR. To easy. Slow speed make more weapon hit. This very challenges.

Now I want for make more video for show xX lose hahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Haha your post made me laugh Terra, keep up the good work.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Indeed, that's quite an evil laugh you have there Khalid