Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker X View Post
    I'm sure that the stats were reset due to the Wipeout 2048 players starting from scratch. No biggie. Gives us more reason to play Wipeout over, and over, and over.
    I respectfully disagree.

It may not be a big deal to those who didn't have a high rank, but for players like myself who put in 500 hours to reach Rank 101, it's a massive issue. I just cannot begin to even fathom what moron thought that resetting the online rank would be a good idea. So what if it's for the new players in 2048? Tough, they should have played HD first. I guess it's pretty trivial for most people, and it is indeed just a number, but it's the principal of the matter and what that number represents. We've just been given the proverbial middle finger by SL and frankly, I expected better from them. Much better.

I won't lie, my faith in this game has been tested, and I'm seriously considering jacking it in altogether.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

If they reset the stupid ranking system that used to works for wipeout HD (based on how much you play, even if you stay on venom races or eliminator ) to replace it with a more accurate system (maybe same as 2048 if it's a better one), it's a good thing !!

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I still think that they should have kept the rankings separate. That way, the HD players can remain happy with the rank that they've already got, and the Vita ones can enjoy ranking up on the new system (if there is one. Personally I think it's the same as HD.)

But no, they can't do that because that would be the sensible thing to do.

:

Timezone
    GMT -5

Trying it out now. From the basic looks of things (everything reset, paucity of online matches), it looks like Wipeout HD has been retired, and the client on PS3 (which I paid good money for) now only serves as a kind of interface to let Vita players play online with any suckers still waiting for a game on the PS3 version.

Edit: Also it shows that everyone's headset is on, in the game lobby, even though I know mine isn't.
    What a trashily put-together patch this is.
    Last edited by siriusglee; 17th February 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiguelSkywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    No, I will not.
    I don't want to bring back the glitch topic, but please, I need someone to confirm that whatever people could do to cheat is no longer possible because of this last patch.
    I want to see the day when I can play WOHD knowing that fair play is guaranteed and leaderboards are not trashed.

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

there was a bug that could be done by airbaraking and boosting at the same time. this was used by mizwiz for some of his times as he found it but it was kept quiet to stop people using it. at least it cant be done now

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    If they reset the stupid ranking system that used to works for wipeout HD (based on how much you play, even if you stay on venom races or eliminator ) to replace it with a more accurate system (maybe same as 2048 if it's a better one), it's a good thing !!
    Here we are again: l33t behavior! You, esp. you don't need that -IMO. This 'ranking' system was discussed years ago and found not to be a ranking system at all - as in 'skill ranking' -for whatever skill you wanted to show-off; Venom, or zone or phantom MP ... Rankin as is skill might be possible with a working and serviced leaderboards.

It's just a metric for time being online. And yes, I want to show-off with my "rank".

Peace!

btw, no patch in Europe / Germany on Wedensday. Online was possible, though, no leaderboard fixes and nothing else suspicious. Nice races imre

Timezone
    GMT -5

@Constrictor:
    I played a few games from the US with yes_sheepgirl, and then my rank was set to like, 2 or something lame like that.

I was also trying to grok Twisted Metal online issues, and somehow, some general PSN lapse at the time, so I'm sorry if this seems a little disconcerted. I'm coming down from thinking it's a big mistake by David Jaffe down to pinpointing the problem with Studio Liverpool itself.

Nobody is online, except...people *are* actually online. Just we have different patches.

These are the reasons SONY needs to re-evaluate it's regional distribution mechanisms. Because they are increasingly irrelevant and increasingly imprecise.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSkywalker View Post
    I don't want to bring back the glitch topic, but please, I need someone to confirm that whatever people could do to cheat is no longer possible because of this last patch.
    It is fixed in 2048. This patch fixes it for HD Fury.
    And yes it was a cheat, that's why I am not telling.

Back on topic, the patch seems to have deployed to Canada as I now get update notifications when I start the game. I can't say for sure that it resets the ranks though because I haven't agreed to the PSN terms of service in over a year and thus can't go online.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

I would like to claim, SHENANIGANS!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

While personally I don't care much about the online ranking, I find the ranking resetting a completely unacceptable and meaningless thing to do.

I have many friends that hit the 101(or are pretty high) rank and I feel for them. Many of them dedicated months -if not years- to reach this ranking (which to some of them it's a huge thing) and it's wrong to just take this achievement from them...

For example, I'm not a huge fan of trophies but it took me 1 year to get the platinum in GT5. Now, if suddenly someone decided to reset that -for no reason- I would be really disappointed. That's what's happening here and I can totally sympathize with my friends.

Bad move from SL that shows that they don't give a crap about the hardcore loyal fans who kept all these years the servers -the online community- alive.

Sony really knows how (and tries hard) to disappoint their customers these last few years( and that's coming from a loyal Sony fan...)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@constrictor and DreamyElf, i agree that reseting the rankings is a bad decision from Sony, but i wanted to explain that it's not that important !!
    People here knows who are the good pilots, no matter what their online rank is !
    when Dark-Phantom and others lead races against pretty good pilots by 5 sec or more, it's far more impressive and an achievement than any 101 b****hit number !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by DreamyElf View Post
    Sony really knows how (and tries hard) to disappoint their customers these last few years (and that's coming from a loyal Sony fan...)
    They've done it enough times that I personally can't let it slide anymore.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

Advice for those semi-noobs out there. Yes on campaign mode AI ships does not shoot back. Go get that all gold trophy you could never get before.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

@ MegaGeeza, this patch has not been deployed outside of North America yet. I still cannot play online since this SH!%%* patch was put out. I routinely see people in my friends list in the Euro Zone and Oceania playing online but can't join them. I get errors whenever I try.

Regarding the rank reset, it's sucks and makes no sense. Sure, us experienced players know who's good or not. But I consider my rank as a badge of honor. Why reset player who've been playing this for years. I've been playing Wipeout in the PS 1 in 1995. I bought HD a couple weeks after it came out in 2008 (the good ol' days) and spent tons of time playing online with guys like Yeildar, Tarquin Farquar, Danterich, and many other great racers.

Before this stupid patch I was at level 82 and have put almost 500 hours in to the game! Since I can't connect to online play because of the patch I can't yet confirm that my rank has been reset.

I read a forum on the PSN site that said Vita users were not able to play Fury tracks online with PS3 players and that the option was greyed out.

Is there anyone here that can reach out to Sony or SL to see what's going on? Perhaps one of the moderators? Doing a web search for "Wipeout HD patch 2.40" yields nothing and likely won't until it out over in Europe. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to Kirk Hamilton's email at Kotaku asking if he could look into the matter. At the time he hadn't heard anything about the issue with this patch. Those of you in North America having problems should probably email him. It may provoke him to look into the issue. I think I may email IGN too. Contacting Sony is pointless.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Quote Originally Posted by siriusglee View Post
    @Constrictor:
    I played a few games from the US with yes_sheepgirl, and then my rank was set to like, 2 or something lame like that.
    [..]
    Just to clarify. When you logged in to PSN-or-something after starting WOHD you were asked to install a patch to race online, right? After that, well, doom happened.

I may fire up WOHD later and see if there is any patch available in Euroland or Germany - which I won't install for the time being.

@leungbok: I see and I accept that rank isn't important - for YOU. Please accept that it is (or was) important for me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

@Constrictor

Please let us know if you are prompted to install the patch. I think the issue may have to do with save data. The patch doesn't seem to be recognizing previous save data because I can play with another account that had save data.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 19th February 2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: .

Maybe they should reset the records, and only new records should be allowed, BECAUSE I bet they reset the ships handling to be perhaps like 2048 ( bug fix), which might slow down the records a bit. I will need to play it later to see if there are similarities. Also, are the ships on 2048 HD SHIPS or 2048 ships? If we are playing HD with 2048 ships, I would expect issues.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    accept that it is (or was) important for me.
    Oh, i accept that !

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Hey guys!
    Just a couple of minutes ago I received this comment on facebook from "Wipeout 2048" (yes, official) in rely to my complaint:
    "Wipeout 2048 The ranking reset is temporary , don't worry we will be restoring them soon "

So let´s hope for the best. Sadly, they didn´t comment on my comment about choosing the race type during online play.