Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The team are in Brighton this weekend so it'll probably get looked at early next week

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Now as you all know, I really don't like to bash people without good reason, but come on SL, this is ridiculous. Yet another patch which has created more issues than it's fixed. I too can't get online at all now and to be honest, I don't think I can be bothered with this game anymore. Were the QA guys on holiday or something when this patch was being developed? How can an issue as big as this go completely overlooked?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

I totally agree Dark. It's getting ridiculous. I know they have QA in multiple countries (according to Stuart Lovegrove at SL). But clearly someone isn't doing their job/s. This xplay garbage and patching is driving me nuts!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Well it seems a strange decision to release 2.51 a few days before the team go away for the weekend. I can't get online at all. I spoke to an AUS player today who has created a new US account, apparently this has allowed him to get online. I'm not doing this, I already have two accounts, so I'll wait til it's resolved. I have to say this is disappointing after what's been a long wait for 2.51. But hey-ho, I'm away next week anyway, and I'm sure it'll be sorted soon enough.

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

fingers crossed anyway, been doing alot of this lately though, hasnt improved very much

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Well, other than that, the patch seems to be good so far. Can't say if I've seen any improvement about the leeches. Progress bars are back at any rate, which is awesome, I had a stable connection this night and zone battle didn't glitch yet, so I'm willing to believe everything's fine, unless my opponents weren't truly pitiful and just crippled with bugs, but the former sounds more likely...
    A shame about the account thingy, but hey, as long as I can play (creating a bogey account was easier than I expected), I have no qualms with it. Besides, I guess the leaderboards are still a mess so whatever.

I was thinking about doing some ZB evening or something Friday or Saturday night (since it is no longer bugged). Any volunteers ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Was that annoying glitch in ZB fixed at last? I mean, not the one in the update log, i mean the one who makes invisible barriers, making it impossible to play.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Aren't SL busy making a new AAA game that is rumored for? Maybe that's the problem that they conflicted it with their time of patch development (if you know what I mean).

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Maybe they use the same Q&A people that Sony used for the Dust514 beta before they let regular players in. Only saw one video before it was pulled because of the NDA, but it was a guy running in circles, jumping a lot and saying over and over again that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. So basically - he didn't even know how to control a first person shooter. Would explain a lot...
    And this has been said before, but the network code for HD is clearly shite. EVERYTHING that is or has been a problem with the game has to do with online functionality. Voice-chat, spectator mode, general lag issues, broken leaderboards, spurious records (via spec. mode), wrong ship displayed in leaderboards, NULL_POINTERs instead of player names (That one in particular scares me. Error handling is as basic as it gets. If they can't even get that right...), broken online badges (Fastest Lap, anyone?), and now Cross Play with a whole new can of worms. Now we get to worry about bugs in a DIFFERENT game screwing us over too. Yay.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

the SL not fix it. they make it more broken now. hard for join the lobby also the problem not update my time. this game very broken. (sorry my English)

PSN ID
    traksta1

Unbelievable SL. Truly pathetic

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

The second account thing's working for me, I've signed in using Erik_Ponti and it's fine. And Zone Battle runs like a dream

PSN ID
    Aeralys

I'm getting a little concerned for the backlash now from this patch, mostly towards this ideall "QA Team" most are directing it to. QA testers are most often on contract, focusing on a game as a "team" during alpha, beta and possibly during the first release month. I imagine that this game is hardly a priority to the remaining QA team's work lists, what with 2048 and the other projects SL has still in development. Realistically, there are likely few people in SL that are contributing to WOHD patches now, who have other job roles during the day. You tried QA for yourself? It's bloody tedious and you NEVER find all the bugs, even in teams, so it's important for us to give constructive feedback.

Yes, the sign in bug is irritating, but at least other fixes have been made. Just keep in mind that this game is almost 4 years old, and other than cross play support we're fortunate to be having patches at all. Some games this old already have their online servers shut down, and there were bound to be issues when upgrading HD to have cross play tech with a new game. It likely wasn't specified to since release.

On a side note I just graduated from Games Programming/Development and AI with a 2.1, so if SL does want me to QA, HIRE ME! haha.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by Aeralys View Post
    You tried QA for yourself? It's bloody tedious and you NEVER find all the bugs, even in teams, so it's important for us to give constructive feedback.
    I do know a bit about QA, and although I'm by no means an expert in the matter, you have to draw the line somewhere and admit that SL have screwed up big time here. It's not as if it's a bug that people have had to really go out of their way to find. This is an error which occurs within 2 minutes of the game loading up. That sort of thing should have come up in testing and quite frankly, I'm gobsmacked that this gaping hole has managed to slip through the net. I don't like to bash SL, because they've produced a fine product in HD that we all know and love, but the game has had a terrible lobotomey since the Vita was released and now it's a shadow of its former self.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

That's true to some degree, but not everyone, including me has this bug. The accounts (if multiple) created or used in internal testing of this patch could have been the lucky few. This is what I mean by staff's priority in thier work list and the fact that there are few actually contributing to patching this game now. 3-5 new or existing accounts used in testing with retail consoles, dev kits and such makes this bug less discoverable.

It's one of those bugs that's seems more obvious from an external point of view, as there are hundreds of us with accounts for it to be more apparent. The problem with bugs like these is that they could be caused in instances that are hard to replicate in internal testing, such as users being forced logging out for/during server maintenance (making their "already logged in" states active).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Can anyone give me a quick recap of what the patch was supposed to fix and which issue is still bugging the game? I tried playing online this morning and everything was fine (except that i still got my rank reset to 1...). Thanks guys!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Another good point is we got back the old handling and speed.
    I think there was the same problem 2 years ago saying "your account is already logged".
    They know how to fix it so lets be patient again
    I have some micro-freeze at every end/beginning of music track while playing (custom soundtrack only), have you noticed it too ?

PSN ID
    pufleuk

is it me being psycho or am i seeing double psn names online for me there were 2 people called ferrari-tony

then when i go to players met it only shows the person i met only once and 1 other psn name i definitively did not meet .
    Last edited by wipeout rocks; 15th July 2012 at 10:08 AM.

PSN ID
    LJtheZombie/RichardDastardIy

If you see two people with the same name, it just means they're logged in to both HD on PS3 and 2048 on Vita at the same time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Aeralys View Post
    That's true to some degree, but not everyone, including me has this bug. The accounts (if multiple) created or used in internal testing of this patch could have been the lucky few. This is what I mean by staff's priority in thier work list and the fact that there are few actually contributing to patching this game now. 3-5 new or existing accounts used in testing with retail consoles, dev kits and such makes this bug less discoverable.

It's one of those bugs that's seems more obvious from an external point of view, as there are hundreds of us with accounts for it to be more apparent. The problem with bugs like these is that they could be caused in instances that are hard to replicate in internal testing, such as users being forced logging out for/during server maintenance (making their "already logged in" states active).
    In the end, people end up with a broken product. That is all that should matter form a consumer point of view. I acknowledge the difficulty of testing a game but in the end I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have to care whether Toyota had difficulties quality testing their cruise control. I just want a product that works the way it's intended. And currently it doesn't.