Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

Timezone
    GMT -5

I just installed the patch and have not been able to play online yet. Also, the AI ships never fire their weapons anymore????! WTFrak

Timezone
    GMT + 1

This is a wrong move, Studio Liverpool. Very, very wrong.
    I still have the previous patch but because what I'm reading over here, I refuse to install it and lose all my progress.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't really care about my online rank (can't even remember what I made, maybe 47?), but I didn't mind the badges. Can anyone report whether you lose those or not?

While I don't care about the ranks being reset, I will say I don't see the point in it. It's obvious some people do care; although I don't think it's going to stop any of them from playing.

As for what online rank measures, I wouldn't go so far as to say it shows how long someone has played, rather it only shows a basic idea of how much someone has played online.
    Even then, it certainly doesn't show skill levels. I know some players that probably made 101 ten times over and still finished five or more seconds behind me every race.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Of course Amp, nobody would argue that a high online rank denotes a high skill level. I regularly get my arse handed to me by players 30 or 40 levels below me. I just think it's a nice badge of how much time you've spent online, and this being a community game, I think that goes hand in hand with it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Default More disappointing news

Okay, I heard back from Sony support. They suggested that I delete the game and download it again. I did this but still can't access online play with my default PSN account "BlackReign". Whenever I try I get one of two errors; "Error while trying updating the game" or "Can't connect to server". So I emailed one of the Sony forum moderators looking for answers and I'm waiting to hear back. I also reached out to Kirk Hamilton at Kotaku asking if he heard from other players with similar problems. He said no but will keep an eye out.

I read a forum post on the Sony site from someone who says he things there is an issue with the new patch not recognizing previous save data. However, no one answered his question yet. I also checked the PS blog and twitter pages but no info.

I did try creating a second PSN account "BlackReignZero" and was able to connect online after several tries.

I know there's nothing wrong with my PS3 because I can play other online games just fine but can't confirm the issue is tied to the recent 2.40 patch. I believe it is because everything was fine until I updated the game.

If anyone is having similar issues please let me know and reach out to CardinalRose at the Sony forums
    http://community.us.playstation.com/people/CardinalRose

or email Kirk Hamilton at Kotaku http://kotaku.com/about#forums

See you on the tracks soon (hopefully)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

Badges are still there, thank goodness.
    It's not everyday I get an unbeatable so I'm glad to still have mine.
    That sucks that you can't even get online.
    Plus whats up with some random players with names like CO-TEHSE-UK-FN or CO-BRIDG-IT-UK.
    They hurt the community and sounds like they don't even know it yet.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

@EvilMijo

Yeah it does suck. What's really frustrating is that I can't find info about possible fixes be prepared by PSN. A general google search for "Wipeout HD patch 2.40" doesn't yield anything.

Not sure what's up with the random gamer id's.

I did play a few races under my other account a little while ago and the game seems broken or there are serious issues with the servers. I was constantly being hit by invisible weapons or running into invisible bombs. Finally the server kicked me out and I wasn't able to access online again on that account. It kept giving me an error saying "Unable to connect to the game universe" or something like that.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 19th February 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Deleted quote

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

Oh yeah, that reminds me, E-ZGamer was pm'ing me that he kept getting hit really hard with nothing causing tons of damage. It was just me and him in the race, and I never shot or laid anything for him.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

I don't think I ever noticed anything wrong with my airbrakes. What was the bug they fixed?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It was a critical flaw of the physics engine, but it doesn't matter anymore.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

Could you drop me a link to a post explaining it? I won't be installing this update anytime soon, so I'm quite interested in knowing what's wrong.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No, I will not.

This patch sounds like a pile of poo.

Why bother reseting rank unless there were hidden benifits to high rank such as faster top speeds etc, which according to team SL did not exist.

Rank as a number is important to a newbie player only when you are familiar with the game and its regular players does the rank lose its meaning.
    Rank meant nothing to me as I played the game for over a year and I knew all the players here and knew who is good and who was crap.

But to a newbie player and all these vita noobs who will soon be online in wipeout they will not have a clue who is who, all they will assume is wipeout is full up with apparent cheaters and fake accounts pretending to be beginners which apparently can win by 30 seconds yet are rank one.

Thats the sad reality for a new player who knows nothing about the game.

Also for those players who already stated how much time they put in to achieve rank 101 and lost all there time like kgb for example , i feel for them and understand the frustration and think it is unfair to just do this.

Its a really dumb thing to for team SL unless there were hidden reasons they are not letting onto.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

So I played for an hour today, and have come up with a theory about the phantom damage. If your in top 3 you won't get shot. Below that and it's like 5 people behind you getting more X's then the track even has.Even if you are in last place. I thought maybe the vita people are in the game, but we can't see them, but I was in a full 8 player, flying in last because I kept getting hit by a rocket or machine gun. Plus twice someone shot me backwards with a plasma and leech beam. WTF, hahaha. I miss my old Wipeout.

Who the hell is shooting me?!?!?!

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Cool

I'm sure that the stats were reset due to the Wipeout 2048 players starting from scratch. No biggie. Gives us more reason to play Wipeout over, and over, and over.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

What patch? i just had a few races online and there was no patch... and im still rank 50.
    Has the patch actually gone live yet? im confused.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMijo View Post
    I thought maybe the vita people are in the game, but we can't see them, but I was in a full 8 player
    What? Is that supposed to be like that - that you can't see Vita players in HD?

Regarding the patch, it kinda irks me that HD is being treated like no more than a plug-in for 2048. Is the reason for resetting everyones rank really just to make it seem like everyone in 2048 is starting out fresh?

I can't quite make it out, are the leaderboards fixed with the patch?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

I think a member of this forum contacted Sony about the leaderboard thing and was told that it'd be fixed soon. Of course, we can't very well check that if the update breaks the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    No, I will not.
    Fair enough I guess. Could anyone else let me in, unless it's a cheat or some sort of insider secret? I did a couple searches and didn't find squat, and it's quite bugging me now - I've been playing this for 50-60 hours without noticing anything wrong.

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

Had a go last night after seeing this thread- apart from a ps3 system update no sign of a patch and I could play online normally...
    Surely a patch would have to be applied worldwide all at once for network play?
    A few odd things were going on though- I spectated on someone else's race, changing the camera seemed to reset the players craft to the starting grid (hope I didn't trash someone's race) and loading times were a bit erratic but otherwise everything was as normal, no sign of fixed leaderboards..
    I think it's a bit harsh to reset everyone's rank if that's the case- before reading this thread I hadn't realised just how many hours were required to reach 80+ on the rankings.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Hm, yesterday evening I still got my rank. But there was a player who seemed to stand still during the race, then all of a sudden was a ahead of me , though no craft overtook me. Then back at 7th place, then finished half a second behind me as third...O_o ?! and so on..strange...Actually never saw him though I should have according to this..how do you call it...rank list on the right...
    But yeah, I am pissed to lose my rank. And I am even more pissed to know the most dedicated players with rank 101 or something near will lose it as well!

Why the f***, SL?