Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

PSN ID
    LJtheZombie/RichardDastardIy

I played for a bit with the new patch, have to say I haven't experienced any problems (Although I raced with morfeo and he mentioned being hit by an invisible bomb). I even got a time into the top 10 on the ingame leaderboard - good times.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

One thing I've noticed is that there is considerably less vibration feedback from the DS3, which makes it feel differently in itself. I once accidentally turned vibration off and everything felt weird, so that may contribute to people's perceived differences in handling.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    there is considerably less vibration feedback from the DS3
    It is? I’ll have to test that. WOHD always had too much rumble for my liking, maybe it’s time for me to turn this setting on again!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Do the leaderboards show the times that have been done before the patch?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Quote Originally Posted by Olivario View Post
    Do the leaderboards show the times that have been done before the patch?
    Yes they do, but apperently some times has vanished.

Ok, played a bit yesterday. I believe that they fixed the old bug in HD that people used to cheat. I would need to test some more, but that would cause this speed decrease and different physics. This does not bother me one bit, but they need to at least do one of the following

1) reset the leader boards, and perhaps put a patch to allow only records made from now to be used. Also they may need to reset personal current records for this to happen properly

2).they could speed the ships up 2 % so the new records can become faster than the old physics. I wouldn't mind this as it would at least get a lot of us playing again for records. Also, this would be less intrusive to us, and a lot less work for them

3) remove cross play and return physics to normal ( they won't do this).

At least, they should get rid of the cross play option in 2048, AND just allow that as a separate entity on the main screen. There is no reason for it to be jammed into 2048. If you could just download the game onto the vita ( the full game) you could still have cross play there. They also might sell more wipeout hd full games by doing this

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    [I don't know how sales are going with the VITA elsewhere, but I have yet to see anybody playing or even carrying one, and I'm in the centre of Sydney and it's school holidays, it wasn't like that when the PSP was launched...... ]
    Same here... I see plenty of smartphones, ebook readers and PSP/DS, and the occasional tablet or 3DS, but so far I've only seen one person playing a vita. Sorta ridiculous, as it is a very good piece of hardware. I expect people don't want to shell out the cash for it when they already have one or two entertainment devices, especially with the current economy.

Of course, Sony is also to blame. The memory card thing is little more than a scam, and if the patches they provide for their other games are as terrible as the ones we're getting I expect people won't be too eager to buy more from them. The only reason I don't own a vita right now is the 2.4 patch.

---

To jaminjack, I don't much understand why the different architecture should make crossplay impossible. AFAIK the only thing the server does is send and receive the position and velocity of the ships, so the server shouldn't care whether the device on the other end is a PS3, a vita, a pc or a cybernetic potato. Then the client will render the game with whatever processing power it has, at stable 60 or stuttering 30 fps, but as long as it's capable of interpreting the data there shouldn't be any problems.

The issue is that obviously all games must play by the same rules, so they had to unify the physics, and instead of picking the tried-and-tested HD model they went with the slower 2048. Which is a kick in the groin to those of us who liked the older model, especially the elite pilots that have spent hours perfecting BR's they can no longer perform.
    Last edited by GiraffeRider; 14th April 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added reply to jaminjack

I don't think they unified. The ship physics do not feel like 2048 at all. I think this a a direct issue caused by fixing the brake cheat bug, that's it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Azurooth View Post
    Yes they do, but apperently some times has vanished.
    I have just downloaded the patch, only to see if my records appear on the leaderboards...and they don't. I hope it's just a matter of time before they show up.

On the other hand, I went straight to online and had some good races with MegaGeeza and Terra. Physics are strange, wouldn't know how to describe them but yes it seems that speed is lower now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    elsalmantino

My bad then, been a while since I played 2048. If that's the case it might be best if they'd just left the airbrake bug in. It's pretty much a non-issue anyway - newbs don't know it and pros won't use it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

Only "new" records get uploaded to the board, which was the biggest disappointment for me. Had some good times i wanted to have on the board.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Now, there are invisible barriers in Combat Zone.

And i don't think they will fix it, no one plays this mode.

Just like invisible weapons, but with Combat Zone's barriers.

Anyone suffered that bug too?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Yes. Though they don't even seem to match up with "real" barriers at all. Warnings don't even flash on the HUD. You can get hit even in middair at places no one COULD drop something. I'm a bit sad, because as you say, it will probably never be fixed. I don't know how that bug works, but it seemed we only had one person in a room affected at a time : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...509#post214509. Out of curiosity, can anyone infirm/confirm ?

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Only "new" records get uploaded to the board, which was the biggest disappointment for me. Had some good times i wanted to have on the board.
    Yeah, bloody annoying. I have a top 5 (I think, haven't checked Connavar's site lately) tt time on sebenco reverse phantom, which of course is not in the leaderboards. My old shitty time is. Yesterday I improved that old record twice, but only one of my "new" times registered on the new leaderboards (1.50.80, which is currently on the boards, and 1.50.38 afterwards, which is NOT on the leaderboards).
    I've also seen plenty of strange hosts, like today when I joined a game just when the host left. According to the game the host was "Host<Null>" or something.
    (As a rule of thumb, Null-pointers are bad, unless I think I know more than I do)
    And don't get me started on the new physics.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

tried zone mode 10minutes ago, the game froze offline! this NEVER happened prepatch. prepatch freezes happened only online , never offline . so im out, no interest in playing a bugged S H I T game .

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Though it didn't make a difference to me before, it now feels more comfortable to play with the airbrakes on L1/R1 instead. Might just be me there.

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    they need to at least do one of the following

1) reset the leader boards, and perhaps put a patch to allow only records made from now to be used. Also they may need to reset personal current records for this to happen properly

2).they could speed the ships up 2 % so the new records can become faster than the old physics. I wouldn't mind this as it would at least get a lot of us playing again for records. Also, this would be less intrusive to us, and a lot less work for them
    As much I'd like for it to happen I feel that a leader board reset is too extreme against those who spent hours to make the high places. One solution could be a record archive in game e.g. Pre 2048/patch and post 2048/patch leaderboards (which could be reset, for all to records to be used for) if the servers can hold it. Upping the ship speeds a little is a good idea too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Hey everyone. Longtime reader, brand new poster.

I love Wipeout HD. But the increased number of bugs really messes up an otherwise excellent game.

Regarding the new patch, every time I attempt to upgrade to 2.5, my PS3 automatically resets. So I have no idea how well the patch works.

I DO hope they fixed the Zone Battle glitches where you'd hit random invisible barriers even though there is no warning that there are any barriers nearby. I think I am one of the rare players who hosts or looks for a zone battle room online and would be devastated if they didn't fix this. It would also be nice if Sony Liverpool could change some of the Zone Battle options so that you could select a zone target of 75 (instead of 55).

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Zone battle barrier glitches aren't fixed, first ZB I played yesterday on Anulpha was full of them, but the second on Syncopia had no glitches at all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well, i ate all of the glitches on the ZB (not combat zone lol, which was in spanish), that i played with you yesterday on Syncopia.

That's a bit sad.

And i think in some race i had a invisible weapon too, but i can't confirm it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Fantastic. All the times I struggled to do since last summer, including five world records, lost. Big dissapointment.