Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

Default New Wipeout HD patch

Reza informed me about the new patch and how he has already downloaded it. He tells me that everyone will be reset to level 1, which for many will be annoying but i havent had the update so am wondering what is going on ..

My main guess is that the patch has only been sent to certain places and everyone else will get it soon ...

If you know more please share

Edit: airbrake bug has bee fixed, cross play is now enabled and a new setting for 3D TV users and apparently the spectate mode is now even more messed up ... nothing yet on the leaderboards though, which i thought was the main objective of the patch? who knows ..
    Last edited by SoA_Booney; 14th February 2012 at 08:15 PM.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

what the Fluffing eck !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

The patch was always going to be about cross play. The leaderboards I would imagine are purely server based and should not require a patch of any kind, and as such are not related to this. I'd expect we will hear more about the boards in the next week and a half.

Good to see the airbrake glitch fixed, I'm surprised they even went to any effort on that. Kudos, SL.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

For f**k's sake, I've nailed it for nearly 2 years to get to rank 82!

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Online rank reset? I'm not impressed. I'm really not impressed.

:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

We are noobs again

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Azurooth

God damn it, don't understand why that would be necessary

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

I have also downloaded the update and since then I haven't been able to play online. If what others are saying is true about the ranking reset that F**king blows. Has anyone else downloaded the update and not been about to play online? I email Sony PSN support today and am awaiting a reply.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Great news.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Azurooth View Post
    God damn it, don't understand why that would be necessary
    Don't want to scare away the noobs on crossplay.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Well, I'm not going to even to try to play online until I hear back from support and suggest that other Wipeout vets do too. Like many of you I've spent many many months ranking up (level 82) and don't want to risk losing all that effort. It seems like they haven't worked out this cross platform stuff. Perhaps testing thoroughly would solve problems like this. Ever thought of that Sony? lol

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Don't want to scare away the noobs on crossplay.
    Well if that's the case then it's a huge error of judgement. When these new players enter a lobby of players who appear to be rank 1 or 2, but who are in fact vastly experienced, they're going to be lapped repeatedly and quit. What could be more disheartening than that?

Personally I think this is a kick in the teeth for anybody who's spent a lot of time playing HD online. I've done over 9,000 races and now it appears that I've not done any. I think WeedJunky deserves a mention too, he was nearly at Overlord with his second account, now both accounts will be reset to rank 1, and for what? So he can appear to be a new player and enjoy 30fps cross-play with Vita players?

Thanks very much SL :-
    Last edited by Colonel; 15th February 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I let it DL before I saw this. What a bunch of croc. Well I'll be the best damn noob I can be.

PSN ID
    morfeo378

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    Well if that's the case then it's a huge error of judgement. When these new players enter a lobby of players who appear to be rank 1 or 2, but who are in fact hugely experienced, they're going to be lapped repeatedly and quit. What could be more disheartening than that?

Personally I think this is a kick in the teeth for anybody who's spent a lot of time playing HD online. I've done over 9,000 races and now it appears that I've not done any. I think WeedJunky deserves a mention too, he was nearly at Overlord with his second account, now both accounts will be reset to rank 1, and for what? So he can appear to be a new player and enjoy 30fps cross-play with Vita players?

Thanks very much SL :-
    Agree, but after a lot, lot of hours, and I am indifferent, though it is true that new players will take a lot of surprises with players from level 1

strange that the patch is available in some places and others no

PSN ID

USA seems to have got it first. What I want to know is can you bypass the patch but still play, or will it stop you loading the game at all?

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

All patches can be bypassed Colonel, but you'll be signed out of PSN and thus will not have any access to online features.

I suppose that some people will argue that it's a player's name and how well they're known that determines their level of skills, but personally I prefer to see something by way of numbers to show how much time they've put in. Of course, the online rank isn't perfect as it's just based on play time, but it shows a certain level of committment that I really respect. As much as I love HD, I am not sinking another 500 hours into it to reach Rank 101 again. I've done it once and that should be good enough. But now it's not.

Absolutely ridiculous. I am not a happy bunny right now. :-

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TwitchySpitfire

I'm noticing the craft react differently than before. The Mirage HD/Fury doesn't bounce as much, thus sticking to the track is more common now. I tested this on a speed lap in Chengou Project offline in Phantom, but I did a Venom race in Anulpha Pass online and noticed no changes (meaning by perception, as I have nothing concrete); Anulpha is also more flat, so I suppose it warrants no variation at Venom. If I'm right to notice any changes, then the variations of a craft's handling in different speed levels seem to have been affected.

Whatever it is I am noticing, I'm actually liking it.

PSN ID

DP - You're absolutely right that online rank has little bearing on somebody's skill level, for a number of reasons. But as you say, it shows how much time somebody has spent on the game, to an extent anyway.

And it's the time I've spent, as much as my meagre acheivements, that I'm proud of. Over 900 hours to be precise, around half of that online. God knows I've taken enough stick from my fiance and friends for my HD habit, and not without good reason.

I was really looking forward to reaching Rank 101, not many people have in the grand scheme of things, and it's a badge of recognition that doesn't come easily. I find it galling to have that taken away because of SL's objectives for a new game on a different platform.

What on Earth are they playing at?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    EvilMijo

I play as Assegdi, and I'm pretty good with that ship. And in the past week I've been kicking some 101 ass with my rank 39 ship. But today I've been beating people by more the 15 secs that I normally don't beat by that much. So I've been getting hatemail. "you shouldn't be that fast!" "somethings wrong!" I am happy to win big, but no one else is. I guess something maybe wrong with the game itself

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

I'm currently not sure how to handle this patch.

I'm somewhat proud that I did achieve 101 just by enjoying the game. For me it's a tag of passion, stickiness and love for the game. btw, same goes for all of you who are constantly improving, organizing or just being there for 3 years +

Well, I did 101 some months ago. It was the last 'trophy' I'd like to earn. As my business life recently changed into an 'out of my comfort zone' way I do not have that much playing time left. I'm more or less in a degraded mode. But this will change again.

Now, there is this reset-patch. Might be a good time to take a screenshot of my rank, statistics and stuff, put it on the wall and quit playing WOHD until there is a PS4 with WipEout N3XT or new tracks for WOHD.

On the other hand I still like to race online.

SL - or whoever is responsible for this patch - you suck!