Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Wipeout HD patch

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Is it me or when I play online, I am mainly stuck in the waiting screen for way too long... this is getting annoying..

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Yeah its slow now!

But God what a game when you are in the zone My thumb is forming a hard patch of skin perfect for quick barrel rolls....

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Slow is an understatement. Did they fire their SQA team or something? Ever since 2048 came out, Wipeout -- on both platforms -- has been a buggy pile of crap.

Last night I was trying to play some eliminator to start getting my platinum trophy on the new account, and after waiting five minutes for a single race to stop saying "returning to lobby," I joined one anyway and decided to spectate the race. Instead, it booted me back to the lobby with no error message. So, rather than deal with the network issues, I decided to play some single player elimination instead. The result was this:

http://youtu.be/RxzRfsdP868

It's really irritating trying to finish the platinum trophies on either Wipeout lately. All I've left in both is the multiplayer-specific stuff, but I cannot get online multiplayer to work reliably enough to do them (nevermind the hell that will be Bling Brigate these days). No matter which system I use, I'm constantly booted back to the lobby, put in my own empty rooms (2048 or permanently waiting for people to return to the lobby themselves (HD/Fury).

(OT: Is there a convenient way to embed youtube videos on these forums?)

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Link at the top of the reply window - insert video

Also, bear in mind that bugs showing up after a patch may not have necessarily shown up in testing. Some of the more serious ones are not universally experienced, it's safe to assume that the QA team didn't encounter them. Which of course makes it more difficult to fix.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

...fairly certain QA are either playing a different game or sippin' moonshine; most likely both

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It makes you wonder, if they ported 2048 to the PS3, would the problems that HD/FURY online now have still be as bad?
    Or would that then make 2048's online play worse than it is now?

I haven't had recent problems with the lobby, just seemingly bad [slow to react] handling to what it used to be, the inability to check which rooms friends are in, and the none updating of Players Met......all signs that there is a serious bottle neck with the PSN regarding HD/FURY since crossplay came into being.
    I suppose a lot of the various problems experienced by different people come down to the region they are in and the time that they are playing.

If I'm online now days it's usually at the equivalent of around 10am to 12am GMT.

PSN ID
    traksta1

So, here I sit in our dusty old WOHD/Fury sub forum, in a forgotten, ignored and dead thread while a party goes on just above us.
    Apologies if I got your hopes up.
    Last edited by traksta1; 20th June 2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Apology

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Not sure, but it looks like these are caused by the patch:
    Can confirm all three, happened tonight one by one:
    Lobby screen got stuck with the buttons blanked out; I was unable to do anything, even quit; had to restart game. Other players reported the game was waiting for me during this time.
    Came obviously second and third in three races, was told I was first for all of them (other player's screen said he was first)
    Lost connection to the server during a tournament (god damn it sony) and was unable to reconnect. While I sat watching the 'connect...' screen, I was using PSN to chat and checking the forums. The problem wasn't with me.
    Not good enough guys, clean up your act! -.-
    Edit: further playing caused the network crash error five times, and the lobby freeze bug another once. I give up for tonight; I'll come back when Sony have learnt how to write a game, because the obviously know stuff-all right now.
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 23rd June 2012 at 10:43 AM.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Isn't there an official way to go for reporting bugs and defective behaviour?

Applied the patch yesterday. What I now discover:
    • When the main menu opens up the game stutters - that's clearly visible by 1-2sec freezes of the background animation. Happens 4-7 times in a row, then it's over. On my notebook (router) I can see that there's always a network request/response at that time.
    • Entering the online menu. Works as expected.
    • Join a game / enter the lobby - also works as expected.
    • Joining a game is still what it was: in 9 of 10 times my last-used craft is not selected but instead a random one. If I'm lucky, it's always FEISAR.
    • Waiting for the running game to finish will give me the error "There was an error whilst contacting the server" or similar, which kicks me back to the main menu.
    • Trying to re-enter the online menu never worked. It just showed up the "Contacting" dialog forever. My only workaround is to quit the whole PS3 game and start anew.
    • While waiting for a game to finish I can successfully enter the spectator mode. In 3 of 6 times I ended up at the starting grid with all the others also being glued there. However, the other times I was actually following the contenders.
    So: I wasn't able to play one single online game since applying the patch. Needless to say: my rank has been reset, too.

I really hope for a fix. Not everybody is as patient as me and players might forget about WO'HD and never come back...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Either send a message through the Wipeout 2048 group on Facebook, or contact Stuart Lovegrove on Twitter

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

AmigoJack, Studio Liverpool replied very quickly to an email I sent to wipeout2048@scee.net, regarding 2.50 issues.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

There's very little point to be honest. SL know the issues. They have been sent lists by various members of the community on facebook, here, via email, telephone. They know what's wrong with the game, they just aren't planning on fixing it. WipEout HD has had it's patch, and online will continue to tick over in whatever way it still can (considering that it doesn't really work at all now), that is all. There will be no more major fixes/patches for WOHD, that much was confirmed by SL as long as 2 months ago.

The leaderboards are updating with new times, take it and go. That's what SL will tell you.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I did notice that a member of the ps blog signed up here a few days ago, so im not sure if that means anything...
    I recognised the name because someone here mentioned them just days before.
    edit, i guess i should read from the 2048 section of the forum a bit more lol. ignore this post
    Last edited by MegaGeeza22; 1st July 2012 at 01:00 AM.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    email I sent to wipeout2048@scee.net
    Thanks. Sadly SMTP responds with a permanent failure:
    Code:
    550 Invalid recipient <wipeout2048@scee.net> (#5.1.1) (state 13)
    ...so either you have a typo or they gave up on all the e-mails they got.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    There's very little point to be honest. SL know the issues. They have been sent lists by various members of the community on facebook, here, via email, telephone. They know what's wrong with the game, they just aren't planning on fixing it. WipEout HD has had it's patch, and online will continue to tick over in whatever way it still can (considering that it doesn't really work at all now), that is all. There will be no more major fixes/patches for WOHD, that much was confirmed by SL as long as 2 months ago.

The leaderboards are updating with new times, take it and go. That's what SL will tell you.
    There will be no major patches for WOHD. That's probably true, but SL mentioned on the WO2048 facebook-page that they are working on a 2.51-patch that will fix the online rank.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

I can't fathom why you added a "but" to your sentence.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I was a bit unclear. My point is that they are still working on the game. 2.51 could very well be the last patch for WOHD so perhaps they want to correct some Cross play issues and other things with this patch. Zone Battle isn't working properly for example.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

I don't need any new features with 2.51. I just want the leader-boards and all of the various bugs and glitches fixed (random freezes, zone battle, leech beam, etc).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah, just make the game work like in the description when they sold it. I watched the WHD making of trailer today, was smiling when they mentioned that "another cool feature is to race online against your enemys and update your race time to the leaderboards" kinda like this. Yeah, whatever^^

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Is anyone having trouble playing online? every 2 or 3 races i get kicked out and it says "An error has occurred, unable to retrieve universe list"
    its doing my head in lol.