Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A real case for Turbos in time trial

Default A real case for Turbos in time trial

So I WAS thinking the same as Arnaud and Leungbok, turbos are not really necessary at the fast speeds in TT and speed lap, HOWEVER, here is why it is a necessity.

----you cannot reach some of the shortcut routes on some tracks without them. This means you have a hard to get to faster route, but without a turbo jump, you cannot reach it. This means you can only use in in a head to head weapon race, that is it. No need to elaborate more, they are needed----

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Al please, this section starts to looks like a general complain section.

Currently, this is no priority. Let's focus on what is needed.

I know there are some skillcuts you cannot use (and then cannot practice) in speed lap, but it's the same for everybody so the competition is fair

Not the main priority, no, but why have the cool sections if you can't use them or practice them. They are taking out what is wipeout. You are right though, the controls and options are the major priority and the thing that needs to be fixed. Also I want people to know about these things now, so they can discuss them, maybe discuss with SL, and not be seriously upset when they get the game. I have given the game great praise, it really is a joy to play, but we need to let SL that not enough was done to keep it fun ( not removing all previous wipeout goodies)
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 1st February 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    you cannot reach some of the shortcut routes on some tracks without them. This means you have a hard to get to faster route, but without a turbo jump, you cannot reach it
    Only the skill cut shown by kakeru on rockway stadium can't be reached without a turbo. The similar one on metro park can be reached on A+ if you nose up

What about altima, the high section?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

possible also, kakeru reaches one of those skill cuts on his video once without turbo at A class
    lap 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOQCA...eature=related

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Elois-13

In all fairness there's an even higher one that seems only reachable via boost.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Hmm, not sure i'll try that at A+ class, but IMO using a turbo to reach a skill cut breaks a bit the pleasure to find the best locations where using it, like it was for amphiseum reverse on HD !

It can give you more barrel rolls in a different location that otherwise you couldn't do. Oops, I forgot, you dont like those

I just don't like the basic ( best ) formulas changed for change sake. Not the biggest of deals, but it would be awesome to have in tt head to head. OH, it would help the slower classes immensely.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Off course, i have nothing against any option giving more tactics to be the fastest.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

yes leave them out of speed laps (no more dead lap every other go around) but put them back into tt, it adds a lot of depth to things.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Since wipeout HD there's no dead lap with possibility to reset a lap and getting another turbo. If turbos are back it must be for both SL/TT.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yes there is since you have to make the lap and use it at the end of this one to have 2 turbo in the next lap

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Cancelling gives you your turbo back, so the only dead lap is the first one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by lanceurdehache View Post
    ...use it at the end of this one to have 2 turbo in the next lap
    very smart, i'll try that !

Timezone
    GMT -5

you have seriously never try this out ? i did it the first time i played a sl in Pulse and tought wow the turbo system is broken...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Honestly, wipeoutzone is the first website about wipeout franchise with the bests pilots on each episode as members, so i can't imagine that sort of thing wasn't known by everybody here. I thought your answer was ironic, mine was !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

rofl..........

Timezone
    GMT -5

it is hard to detect sarcasm in text because i dont see your face, usually people on internet will write /sarcasm after their text and your text highter was saying that turbo should be back in sl... thats what confuse me

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Cancelling gives you your turbo back, so the only dead lap is the first one.
    doh you're right, totally forgot about that!