Thread: The 10 reasons to buy a Vita and 2048

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Default The 10 reasons to buy a Vita and 2048

Please feel free to post what are the best reasons (10 is a maximum) to buy this console with new precious 2048

1 - Console itself is a fantastic technological stuff a mini ps3 into your hands : what a screen it is :O

2 - 9 brand new tracks ( + remastered Altima) : we had to wait 5 years to get hands on real new tracks with incredible sceneries, except empire climb all the tracks get their own 'soul' with at least 1 turn or curve which could be as famous as Cork's crew (laguna seca) or Mulsan (le mans).

3 - tracks are not only harder to learn they are mostly longer than we had previously

4 - the game is fast, I mean really fast and can decently be compared to parthenon of speed 2097 & W3O are (A+ class)

5 - Powerful speedpads : first time I do beleive having a turbo in A+ isn't truly necessary, when you add the current speed level to the way speedpads act it's simply a big large smile which is drawn on your face when you pass over several speedpads.

6 - Pitching has a major importance through the gameplay. To me it's a looong time i haven't experimented a pitch like this. so noticeable through Sol

7 - Ghosts features. having the choice to select 'no ghost' ' personal best ghost' and ghosts from friends or anonymous who are slightly faster than yours. this is the best option to know the route he took and to improve constantly.

8 - graphics are superior from HD/Fury ps3. It's crazy : so much detailled background, incredible sceneries around and SPEED is still there ( a contrario from HD/Fury)

9 - Zone : simply beautifully fast, amazingly addictive : Epic Epilepsy on the way ! YEAH

10 - 20 ships completely different to race with, 5 teams but so many choices which are truly distinctive from the others : handling has never been so different in any of past wipeouts !

I forgot the main point : you ll have to buy it simply because .... it's a brand new wipeout !!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

11 - zone ships are the classic's ones, so you can choose them depending of their stats for each track. ^^
    12 - Old timers who were a bit away from wipeout seems to be interested on this one !
    Last edited by leungbok; 30th January 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah... I can't buy it though... Looks like another wipeout out of my reach for some years...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

13 - The prototype ships with each one a special ability (or several), a great idea! (Even if Feisar prototype is over cheated! )
    Last edited by Temet; 30th January 2012 at 07:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

DAMN!
    First post here in a long time for me - I was starting to move away from wipEout due to lack of time and the feeling that 2048 wouldn't be any good anyway, but now I see you guys totally hyped up about it and the videos look crazy good as well... to make a long story short: I am watering from the mouth. I'm feeling the need for AG racing creeping up my spine and I can't help it. Which means I would have to buy a console for A SINGLE GAME. AGAIN. (thanks, Pure)

I have to assume fetal position and think about this for awhile.
    Make good use of your head start on the game, kids

PSN ID
    love9sick

Only 5 teams kind of screws some fans of the teams that won't be available. I like the idea of having different version of ships for each team but at east bring the 10-12 main classic teams everyone loves on here. Oh well, at least I get my AG-S.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Canonically that wouldn't make sense. They tried to retain some sense of timeline even though they've mucked about with the weapons destroying ships, barrel rolls and pit-lanes.
    It could be argued that because some are more like gameplay elements while others are more like story elements, some are included and some are removed.
    At least there are 25 ship models, and not just four. Apparently those are also widely varied. There might just be an AG-Systems with stats like Goteki 45 and it would be called AG-Systems Fighter (For example.)
    I'd be interested in someone posting all confirmed ship stats (In another thread though.)

Timezone
    GMT -5

If they had bring the other team in would not have made sense in the "storyline" and people would have complain that they did not take the heritage of the WipEout franchise seriously, i agree with the decision of Studio Liverpool but why the Pir-hanna team is there i still dont get it since the team was not in WipEout 1, can someone explain it or this team is a favorite in the developper team (it was one the team not removed in WipEout Fusion and Zico trophies are with this team)

Edit: Like Darkdrium777 i would really like to know the stats of all ship
    Last edited by lanceurdehache; 31st January 2012 at 09:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by lanceurdehache View Post
    Like Darkdrium777 i would really like to know the stats of all ship
    I've posted that on 2048 facts thread, i'll complete it asap
    Last edited by leungbok; 31st January 2012 at 09:31 PM.

PSN ID
    love9sick

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Canonically that wouldn't make sense. They tried to retain some sense of timeline even though they've mucked about with the weapons destroying ships, barrel rolls and pit-lanes.
    It could be argued that because some are more like gameplay elements while others are more like story elements, some are included and some are removed.
    At least there are 25 ship models, and not just four. Apparently those are also widely varied. There might just be an AG-Systems with stats like Goteki 45 and it would be called AG-Systems Fighter (For example.)
    I'd be interested in someone posting all confirmed ship stats (In another thread though.)
    I am fully aware that this is a prequel to original Wipeout however that didn't stop them from still having Barrel rolls, ships with Wipeout HD technology, and Piranha didn't make an appearance till the later games. They broke that rule long time ago so meh, just give us the other ships. It isn't about the stats, it is about the pride baby....some of us got attached to the teams we play.

Timezone
    GMT -5

what do you mean ships with WipEout HD technology ?

i agree with you on Pir-hanna but i dont think gameplay should be identical to WipEout 1, the gameplay of WipEout has changed for the better and the worse (i hope this expression exist in English...)

PSN ID
    love9sick

Quote Originally Posted by lanceurdehache View Post
    what do you mean ships with WipEout HD technology ?

i agree with you on Pir-hanna but i dont think gameplay should be identical to WipEout 1, the gameplay of WipEout has changed for the better and the worse (i hope this expression exist in English...)
    It is quite obvious what I mean. A lot of the weapons come from Wipeout HD....how would they have this technology prior to Wipeout 1 where they had no access to it? Also, look at the ships...they look far more advanced where as Wipeout 1 through 3 had much cleaner and simpler designs. They might as well just give us the rest of the teams if they already gave us piranha and just say that the teams didn't take participation in the following season of WO1.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I only did venom Time Trial in WipEout 1 so it was not obvious for me, the simpler ship design are for the limitation of the console, giving a simple design make them use less polygone, there is probably more polygone on the WipEout 2048 ship than an entire level in WipEout 1, the Speed Class ship seems to be a reimagination from the WipEout 1 ship they launch only 1 rocket, all of them are triangular like in the first 1.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by love9sick View Post
    It is quite obvious what I mean. A lot of the weapons come from Wipeout HD....how would they have this technology prior to Wipeout 1 where they had no access to it? Also, look at the ships...they look far more advanced where as Wipeout 1 through 3 had much cleaner and simpler designs. They might as well just give us the rest of the teams if they already gave us piranha and just say that the teams didn't take participation in the following season of WO1.
    If I continue like yours thoughts, WipEout 2048 should have a resolution of 320*240 pixels ?

Timezone
    GMT -5

and the track should pop in like in the older version

PSN ID
    love9sick

There is no debating with you guys. or at all on this site apparently as I got a hater-rade message from a moderator. I'm okay with it, after all AG-systems is still in it so whatever I guess

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Take it however you want but I'm gonna be honest with you. I did have to take some deep breaths a few times before replying to you. And that one time I forgot to take a little more.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Please guys, don't derail from the initial topic.
    keep in mind it's the 10 good reasons to buy a vita & 2048

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

14. If 2012 is really the last year of the world, no time to waste, you need WipEout 2048 and the PS Vita day-one !

PSN ID
    love9sick

15. Obviously the potential of a second Wipeout game just the way Pulse was a second game for the PSP. Also tons of amazing other titles and the option of using the feature near to troll noobs in wipeout with your really fast lap time ghosts everywhere you go.