Thread: Online Problems

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

Angry Online Problems

We are Encountering some problems for online multiplayer mode.

For example...
    1.Often disconnected from PSN (anytimes, including "while racing")
    2.Game does not start after taking our face photo

1 is critical problem

This is not the problem of my network environment.
    Because online gameplay of my PS3 works completely normal.

A lot of Japanese players require the update patch to fix this.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

There's an update patch? Will have to check that out, if that's what you mean, but yes I have seen the PSN problems myself and they are incredibly annoying.
    Still haven't touched online yet, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That sounds awful! I hope online will work very soon. Did you already try to use ad-hoc party? I wonder if we can play 2048 through ad-hoc party and what the race option will be?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

I read that before each race, the players vote for the tracks, but how the speed class is determined ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

That's a point MadIce, if ad-hoc multiplayer has more options, ad-hoc party could save us (if compatible with psvita, of course)!

All that time taken to program to be able to take a picture of your face ( unwanted), and the ease of hd gone. I was going to try and get online tonight, but have to wait for a bit first. Voting on a track is ugggh.

Timezone
    GMT -5

What you mean the day it took the program the picture of your face feature ? lol seriously

Voting on track is a nice feature, that is pretty standart on modern multiplayer game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Yes it's a nice feature, but it should be a feature among other, like hosting a room, choose the speed class and the number of laps, weapon on or weapon off, only offensive/defensive weapon, make a tournament, do Time Trial, invitation or friends only, etc

Yeah the feature is fine, but horrendous if you want to do what kaori does, which is 95% of the wipeout population.

It is fine for an actual online campaign, that is understandable.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Does the game have a private game feature ?

No one even mentionned it, if it is there the majority of the customisation feature will probably there

It is not there, there is no customisation at all, NONE.

Timezone
    GMT -5

There is still a chance that those feature will there for the NA/EU release, the Japanese are the beta tester (like always) of the PSVita and the games of that device

But i don t think you are going to see that, it will probably be in a patch. Dont forget that this is a PSVita launch game and launch game are often incomplete because the developper lack time.
    Last edited by lanceurdehache; 30th January 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Only way it will be in a patch is if enough people complain about the complete lack of features and options. The game, if patched will be for everyone. Don't expect any changes if enough people don't speak up.

Remember, This is not a game made from scratch, these features were taken out of the final product, it wasn't like they needed to be figured out. This game was based and improved off the HD engine. There was no reason to remove them, they could have left them in and added the campaigns.

Timezone
    GMT -5

We dont know how much they changed the engine for the PSVita (and we only assume it is the same engine because of the cross play or they confirm it). It is not because the code work on the PS3 version that it work on the PSVita version. We don't know how they did User Interface, we know that they didnt use Scaleform because it is not written when you open the game, it is probably not Flash since this is not performant. The game is also probably in C++ and is not an interpreted language like for the Unreal Engine, interpreted language are easy to port but Studio Liverpool probably use they own "in-House" Engine so they probably can not port the game as easily as if the used Scaleform for the UI or the Unreal Engine.

All that text to say that it is easy to accuse SL of taking out code and feature when we dont know how their engine work and they probably haved to changed a lot of code to make the crossplay functionnality.

Also dont forget that they had only 18 months to make a game on a new console, usually a good (relatively speaking) game take 2 to 3 years to make. So I praise Studio Liverpool for making WipEout 2048 with all those constraint.

Of course, we need to complaint/ask for feature that are missing in this game but i dont think that implying that the developper made those choice because they were lazy is the best way to do. It has probably a lot more to do with the lack of time and all those feature missing are probably the one most developper do last and they have 6 month less then a developper take to make a sequel on a platform they already know.

PSN ID
    anderkovver

Yeah or Sony has a big hand in it and they don't want long lasting games... It's better for them that you play 2 weeks and than put it in the closet and buy an other game but it's just speculation... I hope there will be solutions for the problems.... I have to play the game before I can complain about things... Hope there comes a racebox cause I am a hardcore rapier racer otherwise I have to go back to the future

You can comment on the racebox then since there is none, in SP or MP. If you want this, this is what you could send to SL for feedback. If they don't get enough feedback on this, nothing will happen. I am explaining this to you now, so you might be able to do something about it, and it won't be too late to add things ( this has happened in the past)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by lanceurdehache View Post
    Two small things:
    1. Scaleform is made with Flash.
    2. Unreal Script/Kismet are interpreted languages used in certain parts of the games, but the Unreal Engine is coded in C++.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by anderkovver View Post
    Yeah or Sony has a big hand in it and they don't want long lasting games...
    Even if no features is added to the game wipeout 2048 is not a game that anyone can complete (in elite) in 2 weeks !

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Two small things:
    1. Scaleform is made with Flash.
    2. Unreal Script/Kismet are interpreted languages used in certain parts of the games, but the Unreal Engine is coded in C++.
    I know that Scaleform is a optimised Flash for video game usually used to make HUD and UI

The Unreal Engine as coded in C++ specifically for every platform and is interpreting the Unreal Script like Java does