Thread: Elite Campaign Legend Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Elite Campaign Legend Help

....nope not offering....but asking!

I have all of 1 - 6 complete, 7 I just have the 8 race tourney left, and on 8 I struggling big time with the some of the single races, time trials, and of course the tourneys.

I've think I've come close to peaking for my skill level and before I go online looking for tips, I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to complete this trophy with the auto-pilot on? Maybe you need to turn it off to access some of the shortcuts or maybe it makes the AI slower a hair?

I know I need to turn it off, but I won some Elite Phantom races and figured I could tie a bow on the trophies before picking up the game all over again (from start to finish) with the auto-pilot off.

Again thanks in advance for you feedback.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

If you're good at the game, you'd be able to beat the entire game with pilot assist on, sure... but there's no reason to. It limits your potential in favour of allowing the player to do little more than hold X to win.

I recommend hopping into speedlap and relearning all the tracks over again in venom or flash and build up your confidence from there. It may sound daunting but even 50 laps will make you a much better player at your probable skill level. Also, maybe check out some youtube vids from 2009, maybe 2010, and start to get an understanding of the advanced features of the game. I bet you haven't learned how to sideshift yet?

Timezone
    GMT -5

kinda figured that i'd be looked down upon with the autopilot on and yes i plan on doing exactly what you are talking about, which is re-learning the whole game over with it off. I just started playing about 3 weeks ago and think this is a great game. i have been side shifting for about a week or so now, it did open up a whole new world.

In regards to what I don't like about taking it off that I know I need to eventually learn, is the concept of side shifting into a wall on purpose to get air and barrel roll. This to me makes no sense conceptually, but i do understand that it basically is required to win online against some of the sick times i've seen posted.

Should i not even attempt the rest of the phatom elite campaign because it will do more harm than good? pilot on or off, winning an 8 race tourney on level 8 is hard as nuts no?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't think I'm "looking down" on you, fact of the matter is you're new at the game and essentially you're still getting to grips with the experience. It's good that you like the game though! (who couldn't, really? )

Trying to complete Meltdown with PA on? I think with your skill level it's a waste of time and you won't succeed unless you dedicate yourself to the task, and even then you'll just be fighting a lost cause because you'll only be "good at playing with pilot assist on", which means nothing unless you really get a kick out of it. Or you just want to be unique and say you did it, and that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. I just think you'd get better at the game faster by relearning how to play with PA disabled.

Also, you can't sideshift into walls to get enough air for a BR without significantly slowing yourself down in the process; however, you can take advantage of the shape of certain areas of the track that aren't exactly the track. Just as legitimate as shortcuts like the one you get a trophy for in the Fury campaign, IMO.
    In any case, it's only really necessary if you want fast times, and only really effective in Venom and Flash. They're over the top if you just want to beat the campaign. To beat the players who have invested hundreds of hours into the game in an online match at Venom, yes they are mandatory. Luckily for you there aren't that many

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Apart from turning PA off, you really should try adjusting the sensitivity of your air brakes, this can, well does, make a huge difference.
    A low % = more sensitive in HD/FURY, try around 70% an see how that makes your times go.

If you take the % too low it also lowers the success rate of doing side shifts, so getting the right balance is the thing.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Me an shapealot completed campaign with PA on before we found this great forum. Alot of it was based on luck for the tough races though. Turn it off asap , once your used to it you'll make things alot easier for yourself.