Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2048 Media Reviews

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Default 2048 Media Reviews

I thought it might be a good idea to put some of the media reviews for 2048 in their own thread. Combined with the opinions of WOZ members, they might help undecided people like myself come to a decision whether to buy it.

Here's the first one I've found, this is from EuroGamer: 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ut-2048-review

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Just thought I'd say that while that Eurogamer review doesn't go into specifics and doesn't cover much ground, it's pretty accurate from my point of view.

I'll post my thoughts on the game after I've completed the single player campaign and done a few multiplayer races.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Just thought I'd say that while that Eurogamer review doesn't go into specifics and doesn't cover much ground, it's pretty accurate from my point of view.

I'll post my thoughts on the game after I've completed the single player campaign and done a few multiplayer races.
    hmm doesn't sound great... I'm getting s fusion-ish vibe from all this...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't understand how you think the negatives are so drastic. The review says the core part of the game is where it shines, and that's the most important thing, no?

The game may not be the next coming of jesus, but it's still a good game, and fills that Wipeout crave like no other game series can.

PSN ID
    morfeo378

a video review in french, good score, I do not understand absoutamente anything, but it will be interesting

http://www.jeuxactu.com/test-video-w...2048-78661.htm

Timezone
    GMT -5

They dont enter in the specific, they mostly do an overview of the basic gameplay

Apparently WipEout Pulse was launched after WipEout HD

Anyone know who are the Chimical Broser ?

(it is always hilarios how the French from France says the english word lol)

They also say that the game is hard (AI is hard), is really beautifull, that the soundtrack is amazing. the game is fluid, is one of the best in the franchise and is the game with Uncharted Golden Abyss that make the PSVita worth it
    Last edited by lanceurdehache; 28th January 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

About the game's fluidity, I have to ask you Al, if you're reading this... And anyone else who's played Eliminator a lot. Does the game framerate drop? These review do not mention that and instead praise the opposite. But Al's been talking about choppiness when there are AI ships and lots of particle effects. So which is it?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Also We don't know if the reviewer complete the game, you can see in the video that he complete the first season but you can t see if he complete the second season, we can speculate and say that the frame drop are probably in higter speed class

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Strangely enough, I recognized frame drops in an earlier version as well (when I played one of the slower speed classes), but haven't seen any during my first hours with the retail game. Maybe they become more apparent in higher speed classes, but so far I dare say: Forget about something that won't affect you enjoying Eliminator!

Ben

Higher speed class combat races go sometimes to maybe 15 fps, yes it is choppy. Maybe not all the tracks, I play just to get through. The single races never get this bad, but the framerates do go down when lots of ships are onscreen. It's worse for combat because everyone is firing.

As far as reviews, they don't really talk about what we want to hear. You have heard my major complaints, and those are in other threads, but here is a simple assessment

Gameplay: Grade = A Not quite an A + because of some frame drops, and no turbos ( this is minor complaint). fantastic feel, far better than HD/pure/pulse/ fusion

Front end: options, game choices. F- No custom controls or racebox style options. The best part of the game was taken out for a quest mode. Every good option from EVERY wipeout game has been removed.

PSN ID
    love9sick

Picking this up on the 22nd with the wifi version of vita. If this is anything like Wipeout Fusion, I will find out where Liver Pool team lives and punch all their pet Kittehs.

It's nothing like fusion. The gameplay is far better, the options are far worse

PSN ID
    love9sick

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    It's nothing like fusion. The gameplay is far better, the options are far worse
    What options are missing? I happen to like the entire season idea for single player though it pretty much is the same thing as in Wipeout HD. Once I beat the game it all becomes about time trials for me anyway. Time trial is still there right?

PSN ID
    morfeo378

Timezone
    GMT -5

I ll resume this one too, Great graphism, no aliasing, they explain the basic mode, the framerate drop during Combat mode (they say that the FPS are at 60 even if it is 30) but are really constant in other mode, they say that the game is not for everyone having his own style

Apparently every Time Trial in this game is 2 lap long

They also say that some ship doesnt look as good as the other, that they seem less detailed can it be the Speed ship that are in my opinion a reimagination of the ship in WipEout 1 and have simpler look, i dont know

Not a great review, it is mostly an overview than a review (i m talking about the review they gave a pretty huge score)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

They didn't unlocked everything, some time trials have 3 laps

Timezone
    GMT -5

is it sarcasm again ? (because i think TT in flash speed are 3 lap long in this version)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

No sarcasm, only infos ! 2048 isn't that easy and that fast to complete and you must at least finish the 3 campaigns on elite to unlock everything. It's too early to have a complete review of the game.
    Time trials of season 2048 are 2 laps long (2 C and 1 B events). On 2049, there's one time trial event with 2 laps (B) and 2 events have 3 laps (B). On 2050, there's 6 time trial events at A class, 1 have 2 laps and the others have 3 laps.

The time trials are events, not choices. As you see what Leungbok said, there are not 10 TTs for each speed class on each track. I really wish they would piggyback the SL at the very least for these selections.

Timezone
    GMT -5