Thread: Help needed with Detenator

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Question Help needed with Detenator

Hi, ive only recently got WipEout HD and i have completed HD campain all Elite Gold medals. But when it comes to the Fury Campain, i struggle with detenator, i can just pass the event in Novice Difficulty and manage to just get gold medal. I want to get the Elite Gold Medal but i cant, my highest score i can get is probably 200,000 or less, where in Elite Difficulty it will require me to get 340,000 to get the gold medal. ive tried many times to do chain bonuses and i can never get close to even bronze medal, dont get me wrong i do get chain bonuses all the time but in the end my score is just never high enough... so close, yet so far.

for those people who can or has achieved Elite Gold Medal on detenator evens i want you to give me tips on how to beat this mode, or even make me a tutorial
    ?

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

For the first few waves, don't go berserk and shoot everything in sight. Concentrate on your accuracy and fire off just one shot at a time, ensuring that you hit a mine with each shot. Getting 5, 10 or 15 in a row will net you a 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 point bonus respectively.

Also, try not to use your EMP until it is fully charged. That way, it'll cover a lot more distance when you do use it and thus destroy more mines. However, if a tricky bomb is coming up, then by all means use the EMP to nab that special bonus.

Finally, remember that any mines which aren't destroyed on the previous lap turn black and give you less points when you shoot them. Try to go for the coloured ones first if you can.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

pretty much what DP said, but the bombs aren't that important.
    most important is to get to stage 12+ ( =survive by any means! ), and be very accurate!
    u must not get every 5 / 10 / 15 chain boni, but u should hit at least 8+ rounds/magazine, cause this way every target gives more points than the previous one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I wrote this a long time ago. I hope it helps you some.
    In the end it's not really a strategy, just make sure to shoot everything in sight. Do it carefully early on when the game is slow, and go all out when the game gets really fast.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Looks like all was said; I barely can say something more after these tips... No, wait; I actually can.

Although Jan said bombs aren't that important, they're still a good way to rack up some extra points if you destroy them with the cannon; if you miss a few of them, don't worry; the most important thing is to do as many combos as you can and also a very important thing: survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    Getting 5, 10 or 15 in a row will net you a 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 point bonus respectively.
    Don't you mean 1000, 3000 and 5000 respectively?

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsus Maxima View Post
    Don't you mean 1000, 3000 and 5000 respectively?
    Whoops, you're right. I did mean those.

I haven't played Detonator in a while as you can see.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yeah, I see that. ^^
    Detonator needs some more love.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I'd like to say thanks to all of you who helped me with this, I have finally achieved my first Elite Gold Medal in Detenator!!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

This should help.

Keep in mind that this video is NOT mine. I've simply posted it here for your reference. You can thank @Hellfire_WZ for the video and tutorial.

Good luck in Detonator mode.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 28th February 2012 at 01:31 AM.