Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Initial thughts

Default Initial thughts

I like the feel of the ship, and even on b speed it is fast on most tracks. The tracks are harder than I expected, but harder in a different way than normal wipeout. You can pick up ALOT of time hitting all speed pads, but it is difficult to do.

THIS GAME is screaming for a tt head to head mode,

Needs custom controls

Weapon mode is choppy

Racing is pretty smooth

TT is very smooth

I haven't done Speed laps yet, they are in the 2049 season, I just finished the 2048 season.

I cannot verify Leungboks questions about the fact list until I play much more.

I di not like not being able to choose tt or race and play at all. It might open up later, but if it doesn't, it is going to be clunky to choose races

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Try to check online leaderboards Al, and see if there's all tracks at all speed classes on several modes

When you say weapon mode is choppy, do you mean frame rate? Pretty fundamental question but how does it feel? In feel and handling is it very much an extension of HD/Fury as it looks?

Saw the little box yesterday and, man, I can't afford a Vita but I may not let that stop me...

I can't even get online, I don't understand why at this point ( for 204. Yes the framerate drops to 15 maybe, all ships onscreen, AND this is what you want so you can take out opponents easier. The feel is different than hd, hard to explain but I like it though.

Huge shame about the frame rate considering the apparent power of the system. Thanks for the impressions! I'll be really curious to see how people rate it after they settle into it.

Edit: Wow, almost your ten year anniversary Jabberjaw.

1) there appears to be NO RECORDS SECTION for you to check your records on your game. There is no tt, race, speed lap choice, then track, speed, ship, NOTHING! Not for choosing race, not for checking any records. It takes out everything that makes a wipeout game great (AS FAR AS CHOICES ARE CONCERNED). these options were in HD, so why take them out? It is baffling

2). The game keeps track of experience points, speed pads total, weapon pads total,
    Laps, zones, brs, side shifts, and PICTURES TAKEN TOTAL.

3) the game is signing me out of playstation network every time I enter, so checking anything there is impossible

4) seriously guys, this is making a pretty fun game not very fun. I will set up a petition tomorrow, for what is needed( yes needed) for a patch, and I hope you all sign it, unles you want to go bald (or balder) very quickly.

5). I like the game better than HD AS FAR AS THE GAMEPLAY is concerned

6). This game is Harder than HD to run a good race, which is awesome. You can get out of control easier and it is much harder to hold the best line, even on B class

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    1) there appears to be NO RECORDS SECTION for you to check your records on your game. There is no tt, race, speed lap choice, then track, speed, ship, NOTHING! Not for choosing race, not for checking any records. It takes out everything that makes a wipeout game great (AS FAR AS CHOICES ARE CONCERNED). these options were in HD, so why take them out? It is baffling
    And there's the deal breaker. No SL/TT, no buy.

Thanks for the info, Al.

Wait though! They have them in events, it's just they are not set up to be able to choose. It really is frustrating as hell, but I am hoping that they open up. Normally though, they would be light gray or blacked out options, which is why I am extremely worried. They should not have taken out these options in favor of having a "cool screen" setup. It would seem online they would have to have a normal setup, but since I can't go online, who knows.

At this point I like the gameplay better than hd and pulse, you can get out of control much easier unless you are on the ball ( I am not )

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Okay, I misunderstood . So are there records, online leaderboards, and all that stuff? I'm not at all interested in single race or multiplayer with the abysmal framerate and almost total lack of weapons balance that this game seems to have, so an amazing TT/SL (maybe Zone, etc. too) mode is really the only way I could enjoy this game.

edit: Also, when you say "events", does that mean you have to go through some big thing with crappy weapons and races just to have an attempt at a TT or SL? Or you can keep choosing the TT/SL, and the game only lacks the Racebox mode from Pulse/HD?

There is no racebox. No selection screen for tt, zone,SL, or single race( runs smoother than weapon challenge). I am hoping this will open up after beating single player campaign, but there is no hint of it. So I'm saying, that it could be the case of no option for this ( terrible), or it might open up later, so don't decide just yet. This game seems more graphics intensive than HD, BIGGER environments. I bet it runs hd perfectly

Timezone
    GMT + 2

The only thing that I'm concerned about is custom soundtrack, yes or no?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I'll try get back to you on this, but I *think* you just use the media player app in the background and that acts as the functionality. As I indicated though, I'm not sure.

It seems to be getting choppier in SR as the speed increases, and the ai gets tougher, actually affecting gameplay. The graphics are too good, it should have been cut back some, especially after seeing smooth zone mode. Now we really need tt head to head in download. And no, weapons off is not the same, no turbos. On last race of 2049 season, a tough one ( because it's choppy)

Altima is not called altima 7, a few shortcuts here and there. It keeps the main spirit of the track, except one shortcut off the big jump, although I just noticed it

Just played sol three times, last place, they said I was unlucky . This is the hardest wipeout track I think I have played, and in the WO tourney
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 22nd January 2012 at 01:28 AM.

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

Thanks for the impressions, even though they make the game sound quite disappointing.

I now really love the feel of the ships. At fast speeds it is VERY different from HD. You can get out of control easy if you aren't paying attention and pitch control feels like it's going to be very important again ( except empire climb)

SOL is the track I have been thinking about since I wrote up a design about 10 years ago.

At this point the gameplay I would give an A-, only because some SR tracks get choppy when all the ships are on screen. I'm hoping the better you get, you can get ahead and minimise this.

Contol options get an F-

User interface. I cannot comment unless I finish the game, and see if tt, zone, and SR show up and where
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 22nd January 2012 at 02:14 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Have you had a chance to try out the various craft types?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Sorry for the questions but... does "choppy" means that the framerate gets lower?
    (Eh eh, english is not my native language...)

Yes to temet, that is what it means.

I have tried out different craft, and they feel different. I only have the speed ships of Ag and feisar right now, so I use those for the tt and races. I have a proto feisar, it has a changing top speed that depends on wall hits, and how many pads you hit ( pads charge it). If you are a precise racer, this is for you. I am still trying to beat the game, but am not playing straight through ( kids).

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    KamatsuKyoto

No Eliminator or Zone Battle?

The game looks in general a bit rushed... At least on the interface and processing optimization on Vita.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by KamatsuKyoto View Post
    No Eliminator or Zone Battle?

The game looks in general a bit rushed... At least on the interface and processing optimization on Vita.
    Eliminator is in the game, just a little different. I think there's a time limit and the objective is to get as high a score as possible in that time, rather than a score limit.

Also, I personally don't have a problem with the interface at all so far. Probably isn't perfect, but it's not bad, either.

Zone battle? Don't know if it's in the game. Also, personally, ZB was my least favourite mode in HD so I can't say I'm fussed either way.

Not sure I'd call it rushed, other than the restricted control options based on what I've seen.